Dreger: Buchnevich is likely to be traded

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
Both have showed pretty well at the NHL level. If I were calling shots and Vancouver was asking it would have to start with Willander and I’m not sure I’d veer off of that. That being said I wouldn’t expect as much else to be added on to a package. Would probably shoot for Willander a 1st and whatever. So is needed to facilitate the deal.

Buch does have a 12 team NTC though. Would hope that the success of Vancouver would facilitate it. But most guys do not want to be moved to Canada.
Could you imagine if we got willinder from van. Then wallinder from detroit. That would totally revamp the d. Obviously not immediately but with lidstein comming.

Wallinder parayko
Lindstein willinder
Kessl faulk
That cpukd be nasty

• Haha
Reactions: capazzo

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Unless he has been pushing to leave, or they get a massive overpayment it makes no sense whilst they are in the playoffs.

If they are 6 points out at the deadline then it is worth considering as he'd get a much bigger haul than they paid.

I don't think he's pushing to leave, but the ultimate question is does he see himself with the Blues long-term or is he looking to test the market after next year? If it's the latter, then it makes sense to at least consider trading him now to maximize the return. I personally hope he re-signs with the Blues, but if he's not gonna re-sign then it makes sense to see what offers are out there. True we are currently in the 8th spot, but the Buch return could really speed up our retool/refocus/rebuild/refresh.

Could you imagine if we got willinder from van. Then wallinder from detroit. That would totally revamp the d. Obviously not immediately but with lidstein comming.

Wallinder parayko
Lindstein willinder
Kessl faulk
That cpukd be nasty

If only we had two Buchneviches to trade.

• Haha
Reactions: Blueston

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
Thomas is actually one the realy good line in the NHL recently. That helps the Blues to comeback to playoffs and we all know what they can do.

Dreger is a clown

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
I don't think he's pushing to leave, but the ultimate question is does he see himself with the Blues long-term or is he looking to test the market after next year? If it's the latter, then it makes sense to at least consider trading him now to maximize the return. I personally hope he re-signs with the Blues, but if he's not gonna re-sign then it makes sense to see what offers are out there. True we are currently in the 8th spot, but the Buch return could really speed up our retool/refocus/rebuild/refresh.

If only we had two Buchneviches to trade.
Right. I know its not gonna happen but if we got willinder and wallinder our blues line would be set. Maybe we trade buch get willander and a 1st. Then flip 1st and something to detroit. Its a pipe dream but our blue line would finally trend upwards

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Teams don't trade the top prospect anymore with salary cap clamp downs the last half decade. The only time it happens is if a true franchise player is involved (Eichel, for instance).

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Teams don't trade the top prospect anymore with salary cap clamp downs the last half decade. The only time it happens is if a true franchise player is involved (Eichel, for instance).
Happened with Meier deal with Mukhamadullin. I'm sure there are a bunch more recent examples too, but your point is just not true.

Reactions: Blueswin

Alluckks

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Happened with Meier deal with Mukhamadullin. I'm sure there are a bunch more recent examples too, but your point is just not true.
I believe he was viewed as a good prospect. Not a top prospect like some names being tossed around in here.

I also think Meier was viewed as a better player at the time.

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
Buch on the Canes would be interesting
The cap is going up like 6. Buch is a first line great dynamic forward. Ppg clutch. He is the top forward on the market. He will get top prospect and 1st and another prospect. He has 1.5 years.
We will see in next few weeks.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
The cap is going up like 6. Buch is a first line great dynamic forward. Ppg clutch. He is the top forward on the market. He will get top prospect and 1st and another prospect. He has 1.5 years.
We will see in next few weeks.
I can't see Carolina moving Nikishin for a 1.5 year player. Goes away from everything they've done so far, including the negotiations for Meier last year. Nikishin was the one piece that wasn't on the table.

There are two other Carolina prospects in Button's top 50 (Koivunen, Blake) as well as a couple other very good prospects who could be used in such a deal (Morrow, Nadeau).

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I believe he was viewed as a good prospect. Not a top prospect like some names being tossed around in here.

I also think Meier was viewed as a better player at the time.
It's all relative, but I'd ignore the people that say the piece must be a Willander, Nikishin, Edvinsson, but there are others that would be similar to Muk, who I would consider a top prospect. Say Morrow from Carolina, Lohrei from Boston, a Vancouver fan brought up Lekkerimaki.

We all have different definitions of top prospects, and if we are going by more of your definition where it's just the elite guys, even Eichel didn't bring that, so in that sense I'd agree with your point, but I have a broader definition of top prospect and a Buchnevich deal would certainly bring that.

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
I'll level with you, I think Wallinder, Kasper, 1st for Buchnevich is a fair trade value wise. But, between Detroit's roster and prospect pool, their C depth is not good enough to justify trading a C for what would be, in essence, a luxury for the team.

If St. Louis is targeting centers Detroit isn't a good match.
Well what if blues added zach dean in the mix with something he is going to be a 2nd pairing center imo. He struggled early in his first year in ahl. I think beacause he played i the extended playoffs for juniors. Just a thought also buchy has played center for us.

• Haha
Reactions: WaltPoddubny

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis

Wallinder parayko
Lindstein willinder
Kessl faulk
That cpukd be nasty

I understand your excitement. But I would be extremely hesitant to expect 3 prospects to pan out as top 4 guys. All have great profiles, but prospects with great profiles bust all the time.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I still find it funny to this day when he was traded from NY, And right after he was traded, the GM of the rangers said said we need to find some even strength scoring.

Reactions: Spektre

Alluckks

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
It's all relative, but I'd ignore the people that say the piece must be a Willander, Nikishin, Edvinsson, but there are others that would be similar to Muk, who I would consider a top prospect. Say Morrow from Carolina, Lohrei from Boston, a Vancouver fan brought up Lekkerimaki.

We all have different definitions of top prospects, and if we are going by more of your definition where it's just the elite guys, even Eichel didn't bring that, so in that sense I'd agree with your point, but I have a broader definition of top prospect and a Buchnevich deal would certainly bring that.
Alright I agree with your further clarification of your take on top prospect. For lack of a better term, let's call the Willander/etc. you mentioned franchise prospects. I don't expect to see any of those included, teams just really don't do that, yet I always see it cluttering all these trade threads as some sort of demand.

You'll see posters saying that any deal needs to include that top franchise altering prospect over any picks making up the difference or whatever, but that really just doesn't happen in these trades.

I think a far more likely deal is something like

2024 1st (no conditions)
Top prospect (by your defintion, guys like Morrow/Lohrei/etc.)
2025 3rd (becomes a 1st if team makes/wins Cup this year or next)

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Army always keeps his cards close to his chest. He’s not leaking anything.

Per JR in the Athletic today:

“So it shouldn’t come as a surprise that, according to a league source, the Blues aren’t actively shopping Buchnevich.

But they are listening, which they’d be foolish not to, considering the current state of the trade market, with very few true difference makers available.

The source said the club would have to be wowed by an offer to even consider it.

However, while Armstrong may not be actively looking to part with Buchnevich, another thing to keep in mind is that other clubs are operating as if it’s a possibility. There were scouts on the Blues’ recent road trip to Buffalo, Montreal and Toronto keeping an eye on the winger.”
I honestly can't believe what anyone says about the blues unless it's strickland. He seems to know all of it at any given moment.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Alright I agree with your further clarification of your take on top prospect. For lack of a better term, let's call the Willander/etc. you mentioned franchise prospects. I don't expect to see any of those included, teams just really don't do that, yet I always see it cluttering all these trade threads as some sort of demand.

You'll see posters saying that any deal needs to include that top franchise altering prospect over any picks making up the difference or whatever, but that really just doesn't happen in these trades.

I think a far more likely deal is something like

2024 1st (no conditions)
Top prospect (by your defintion, guys like Morrow/Lohrei/etc.)
2025 3rd (becomes a 1st if team makes/wins Cup this year or next)
Right. And to to sort of flip it, I'd have a hard time moving prospects like Dvorsky or Snuggerud, but I'd make our other prospects available in a similar situation. Or to go back to our O'Reilly deal, it's why Thomas and Kyrou weren't available, but Thompson and Kostin were the main 2 talked about in that deal.

Reactions: Blueston

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
I'll level with you, I think Wallinder, Kasper, 1st for Buchnevich is a fair trade value wise. But, between Detroit's roster and prospect pool, their C depth is not good enough to justify trading a C for what would be, in essence, a luxury for the team.

If St. Louis is targeting centers Detroit isn't a good match.
That would probably be an extremely fair trade. If Danielson was in the ahl this year, then I think yzerman would be more open to trading kasper as I just see danielson being that much better than kasper.

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
I could see Edstrom starting to move the needle a little bit. Hague, well...he's a young NHL defenceman...but it feels like the upside is pretty limited. Korczak? Is he even a real prospect anymore? He's been around forever and done very little.

If that sort of thing is the price for Buchnevich...i'd hope the Canucks are right back in on it.

They've got defence prospects who can easily match that. Obviously don't have the 1st anymore though. Would have to defer that a year.
Willinder + would be ask

• Haha
Reactions: Groo

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
I think some fanbases don’t want to admit that their team doesn’t have an elite prospect. There are few leaguewide.

“Top prospect” is more inclusive. You do lose differentiation between guys on different tiers that way. So, Nikishin is a legit top prospect. Morrow is not.

Kind of like the 1D label. “There are 32 1D leaguewide!” Technically true, but not really accurate.

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
So it took you 10 years of using a hockey forum to figure out that ignorant behavior is generally regarded as offputting by those who do not engage in it? Interesting!

Do you suspect Vancouver Canucks fans would appreciate their team being routinely referred to as the 'CUCKS' just because one can ignorantly select letters from their team name to come up with a derogatory term?

Common sense isn't so common these days it seems.
They're already called nucks and calling rags fans rangs fans sounds weird calling them the rags kinda gives em a rough no non sense sound.

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022

Wallinder parayko
Lindstein willinder
Kessl faulk
That cpukd be nasty
With what players would we acquire both? Buchnevich can only go to one team.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011

Wallinder parayko
Lindstein willinder
Kessl faulk
That cpukd be nasty
The chances of even getting one of them are slim. I doubt Vancouver and Detroit will even be big players for Buchnevich.

The chances of getting both are literally zero lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad