Dreger: Buchnevich is likely to be traded

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
I've learned being on this website for 10+ years that Rags fans really don't want to be called Rags fans. That's what he is going on about.

So it took you 10 years of using a hockey forum to figure out that ignorant behavior is generally regarded as offputting by those who do not engage in it? Interesting!

Do you suspect Vancouver Canucks fans would appreciate their team being routinely referred to as the 'CUCKS' just because one can ignorantly select letters from their team name to come up with a derogatory term?

Common sense isn't so common these days it seems.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Yeah. The Wings really seem like one of the only teams with the "centerpiece" to make this sort of deal while the Blues are "retooling". But i just don't see it making any sense for Detroit, when that's clearly not their top area of priority need.

Who the heck is Willinder? He sounds tall. Much taller than Willander that Vancouver has.

I mean, if the Blues would listen on something centered around Lekkerimaki...i'd certainly entertain the idea. Buchnevich would be absolutely huge and an absolutely perfect fit to completely stack that Top-6. And having that really nice contract for next year would be huge too, in that they'd actually be able to work that in and retain him. Unlike other names like Guentzel who is probably going to be something stupid like $11M next year.

Granted...i've never really been a fan of Lekkerimaki, but if that moves the needle...maybe there is something to talk about there.

What young defencemen do the Knights have that would get things moving on Buchnevich?

I don’t know fully but I’d imagine the Blues would have interest in Korczak/Hague + 1st + a decent amount more as a base. I don’t really know how they view either one of them so I could be completely off base there. But I would ask for 24 1st + Hague/Korczak + Edstrom + 2nd further out if I was Armstrong.

Reactions: Blueston

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
1st + Morrow seems like it should be competitive.
yeah it would be. I'm hesitant to part w/ Morrow. RHD cupboard is thin and if we acquire Buch we'd re-sign him which will be a big contract so having Morrow on an ELC will be important.

redwings25

Jul 28, 2016
Kasper wallinder plus would be my guess
Theres no way in hell detroit trades kasper, hes part of the rebiuld. There is 0 pressure on detroit to win a cup this year. If anything wings need to trade away a depth d or 2 and a depth forward. They are in a position where they can upgrade by bringing a couple guys from grand rapids. Dont see detroit trading futures for any winger.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
yeah it would be. I'm hesitant to part w/ Morrow. RHD cupboard is thin and if we acquire Buch we'd re-sign him which will be a big contract so having Morrow on an ELC will be important.
Agree, but I wonder if a first + Blake or first + Koivunen would be enough to compete.

I don't think they are dealing Unger Sorum either.

Reactions: AhosDatsyukian

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Agree, but I wonder if a first + Blake or first + Koivunen would be enough to compete.

I don't think they are dealing Unger Sorum either.
I’d be more inclined to go 1st + Drury as much as I like him and as good as he’s been this year. Pono can backfill

Reactions: Chrispy

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
So it took you 10 years of using a hockey forum to figure out that ignorant behavior is generally regarded as offputting by those who do not engage in it? Interesting!

Do you suspect Vancouver Canucks fans would appreciate their team being routinely referred to as the 'CUCKS' just because one can ignorantly select letters from their team name to come up with a derogatory term?

Become more like Frozen and let it go…

I didn’t mean anything by saying Rags but I also could care less if you were somehow offended .

It’s a Buch trade thread…

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
A 1st plus a B prospect isn’t going to cut it; you’d need something like another conditional 1st. A 1st plus an A prospect might get it done, though.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver

Rags doesn’t exactly have obviously negative connotations though really. I didn’t realize it was considered negative until being on this forum either. You used Cucks to make a point, but ‘Nucks actually is something that’s regularly used for shorthand for the team. I don’t think it’s a lack of common sense for someone to think the same for the Rags

Last edited:
Reactions: Spektre

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
I would really want willinder. But i think wallinder is more of a need from detroit him and kasper would put the blues retool in high gear
I'll level with you, I think Wallinder, Kasper, 1st for Buchnevich is a fair trade value wise. But, between Detroit's roster and prospect pool, their C depth is not good enough to justify trading a C for what would be, in essence, a luxury for the team.

If St. Louis is targeting centers Detroit isn't a good match.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I don’t know fully but I’d imagine the Blues would have interest in Korczak/Hague + 1st + a decent amount more as a base. I don’t really know how they view either one of them so I could be completely off base there. But I would ask for 24 1st + Hague/Korczak + Edstrom + 2nd further out if I was Armstrong.

I could see Edstrom starting to move the needle a little bit. Hague, well...he's a young NHL defenceman...but it feels like the upside is pretty limited. Korczak? Is he even a real prospect anymore? He's been around forever and done very little.

If that sort of thing is the price for Buchnevich...i'd hope the Canucks are right back in on it.

They've got defence prospects who can easily match that. Obviously don't have the 1st anymore though. Would have to defer that a year.

Reactions: Blueston

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Might not be best piece since we have Kyrou and Snuggerud on the RW, but a quality enough piece for talks.

I mean, if it were me at the helm...i'd just be asking..."what else"? But who knows with Ruthervin. They might value Lekkerimaki a lot more highly than i do.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I would love for Edmonton to be in on this vs Guentzel. Overpay, get the needed retention and having him for more than just a single run. I say this as the reported ask for a rental Guentzel is very high, rather move that package price even with a little more for a guy with some term even just an extra year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad