Dreger: Buchnevich is likely to be traded

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
Detroit has Wallinder
Yes detroit has lhd wallinder. Vancouver has the better prospect rhd 6'3 willinder

Speks if we could somehow get both with only using buch and other picks prospects not in our top 5 or 6 i would be happy.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
all this smoke already?

armstrong driving up the market for some poor sap

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I just have a really hard time seeing Vancouver going that "all in" to move Willander. Management has more or less stated as much.

If the Blues wanted to listen on Lekkerimaki+ then sure. But i feel like Willander has to be one of the untouchable assets in the system. He's just way too important.
Vancouver would be near the top with either of those 2, so if Lekkerimaki is available, I hope Army is listening.

Dec 15, 2002
While Dreger is dogshit, if Blues are going the rebuild route then now it's time to sell him.
They're not doing a rebuild. They weren't really doing a retool. They're currently doing a refocus. If it doesn't work, they'll move to a revamp or a reset, or maybe even a restructuring. If it gets really bad, they'll do a reorganization.

Just, not a rebuild. That's taking things too far.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
They're not doing a rebuild. They weren't really doing a retool. They're currently doing a refocus. If it doesn't work, they'll move to a revamp or a reset, or maybe even a restructuring. If it gets really bad, they'll do a reorganization.

Just, not a rebuild. That's taking things too far.
Don't forget the Remix.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Which of the contenders/playoff teams even have the right assets to get this deal done?

Rangers maybe, if Blues still really dig Kakko +++ or something?

Detroit could get it done. They've got all sorts of top tier trade chips with Edvinsson/Kasper/Danielson/ASP. But would they really go there for a winger?

Dallas might have some pieces depending on how St.Louis view Mavrik/Stankoven, but i'm not sure they'd move them either. Again, not for another winger.

Jets aren't really the type of organization to move top prospects for short term solutions generally.

Bruins and Avs really need a Center more anyway.

Canes don't make those sort of megadeals.

Vegas and Edmonton have completely empty cupboards and Vancouver already blew their "Lindholm return" on...well...Lindholm, who they needed badly as a Center.

No idea what the Kings are doing.

It's just really hard to see where the fit is going to be to give up an absolute haul for Buchnevich from a playoff team.

Dallas, Vegas if they’re willing to trade one of their young defenseman and add on top id imagine, highly doubt he’d waive for Winnipeg, Avs were rumored (could be made up by JR) would be harder to make cause I’m not sure what they have, Bruins pretty bare, Edmonton pretty bare

ToniJ1960

Feb 18, 2009
Hm I wonder how they know that those scouts were keeping an eye specifically on that Winger. And not one of the other 40ish players dressed that game.

Just something I heard during the attempted Parayko dump last year. Could be wrong tho.
figures more crap

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
This could be the "big move" the Canes finally make, a 1st and prospect (not our top guys like Nikishin or Nadeau though) seems reasonable

Reactions: Chrispy

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Pretty easy pass, for what Blues fans want at least on this board I have no interest. Now he won't go for what is being requested here but I do think the price is too steep for a winger which isn't the Wings issue.

Yeah. The Wings really seem like one of the only teams with the "centerpiece" to make this sort of deal while the Blues are "retooling". But i just don't see it making any sense for Detroit, when that's clearly not their top area of priority need.

Yes detroit has lhd wallinder. Vancouver has the better prospect rhd 6'3 willinder

Speks if we could somehow get both with only using buch and other picks prospects not in our top 5 or 6 i would be happy.

Who the heck is Willinder? He sounds tall. Much taller than Willander that Vancouver has.

Vancouver would be near the top with either of those 2, so if Lekkerimaki is available, I hope Army is listening.

I mean, if the Blues would listen on something centered around Lekkerimaki...i'd certainly entertain the idea. Buchnevich would be absolutely huge and an absolutely perfect fit to completely stack that Top-6. And having that really nice contract for next year would be huge too, in that they'd actually be able to work that in and retain him. Unlike other names like Guentzel who is probably going to be something stupid like $11M next year.

Granted...i've never really been a fan of Lekkerimaki, but if that moves the needle...maybe there is something to talk about there.

Dallas, Vegas if they’re willing to trade one of their young defenseman and add on top id imagine, highly doubt he’d waive for Winnipeg, Avs were rumored (could be made up by JR) would be harder to make cause I’m not sure what they have, Bruins pretty bare, Edmonton pretty bare

What young defencemen do the Knights have that would get things moving on Buchnevich?

Reactions: Blueston

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I mean, if the Blues would listen on something centered around Lekkerimaki...i'd certainly entertain the idea. Buchnevich would be absolutely huge and an absolutely perfect fit to completely stack that Top-6. And having that really nice contract for next year would be huge too, in that they'd actually be able to work that in and retain him. Unlike other names like Guentzel who is probably going to be something stupid like $11M next year.

Granted...i've never really been a fan of Lekkerimaki, but if that moves the needle...maybe there is something to talk about there.
Might not be best piece since we have Kyrou and Snuggerud on the RW, but a quality enough piece for talks.

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
Might not be best piece since we have Kyrou and Snuggerud on the RW, but a quality enough piece for talks.
I would really want willinder. But i think wallinder is more of a need from detroit him and kasper would put the blues retool in high gear

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad