Dreger: Buchnevich is likely to be traded

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
Can we swap Lekkerimaki for Willander and we retain 50% on Buch?
Willander is about as close to untouchable for Van as it gets, management is super high on him and he's expected to contribute within 2 years on an ELC. I think they only move him if a player like Brady Tkachuk were available.

Reactions: Szechwan and Tact

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Some of our posters like Wallinder and Gibson, so one of them would likely get a deal done in our view.
People shouldn’t sell Shai Buium short either. Been hearing some speculation he’s ready to turn pro as well.

He’s really developed over the last 12-14 months. Another big, former 2nd rounder, who can skate. Last game I watched recently, he was pushing a PPG on Denver’s blue line.

Detroit has some really good defensive prospects on the blue line. Anton Johansson is another one. He’s having a great season in the SHL for a teenager. Another big kid, with NHL tools, who also comes with a bit of a mean streak we’re now seeing.

They won’t be able to keep all of them. They have too many in GR as it is, when it comes to legit NHL prospect level dmen..

Reactions: MagicMann13

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Are you serious? That's a great package as is.
Yes. 1st is a year late. Lekkerimaki is a nice piece but I'm not that high on him personally and his greatest skills are things we already have in our prospect pipeline. Mikheyev is not adding value to the deal…it’s missing another decent piece IMO.

That’s the best offer from our side I would say.
K.

lol at Nucks fans. Blues decline that easily. Mikheyev has no value.
Not true. Mikheyev has value...it's just negative value.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Honestly I would take Willander and 2nd and whatever cap dump with 3 years or less, Mikheyev, Garland or whoever. I just want Willander as the main piece back. Lekkerimaki is an attractive piece no doubt but we are stocked up with offensive prospects right now with Dvorsky, Snuggerud, Stenberg, Bolduc, Dean and others. This would be an all in move for Vancouver for the next two years. You can never guarantee a player will put a team over the top and get them a cup but with their current roster I think Buch gives Vancouver the best chance they would have since the Sedin's.

Reactions: StlBill

StlBill

Jul 1, 2018
Honestly I would take Willander and 2nd and whatever cap dump with 3 years or less, Mikheyev, Garland or whoever. I just want Willander as the main piece back. Lekkerimaki is an attractive piece no doubt but we are stocked up with offensive prospects right now with Dvorsky, Snuggerud, Stenberg, Bolduc, Dean and others. This would be an all in move for Vancouver for the next two years. You can never guarantee a player will put a team over the top and get them a cup but with their current roster I think Buch gives Vancouver the best chance they would have since the Sedin's.
Being able to build the D around Lindstein and Wallinder who played great together and became SWE’s top D pairing by the end of the World Juniors would be great. I agree from Van’s perspective it would hurt, however what Buch would do to compliment their top 6 over the next two years would be quite worth it. He’s a great two way player with ppg prowess in the western conference.

Last edited:

redwings25

Jul 28, 2016
Looks like the price on wingerz isnt what blue fans want. You prolly end up keeping him or getting at best a late first and a b prospect or 2.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
This should be NYR's pivot to the Guentzel move but Buch at 50% with an extra year left would be unworldly price

StlBill

Jul 1, 2018
This should be NYR's pivot to the Guentzel move but Buch at 50% with an extra year left would be unworldly price
It’s Ohtmann/Pereault and a 1st. Drury won’t ever do that because of the “self pride”/“egg on his face” for selling low and re-acquiring high. Sadly, Buch plays great in the missing link on that line with Kreider and Mika, and could be an absolute game changer. I don’t know that Drury has the balls to admit he screwed up. All Buch has done is grow into a great player since then.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
It’s Ohtmann/Pereault and a 1st. Drury won’t ever do that because of the “self pride”/“egg on his face” for selling low and re-acquiring high. Sadly, Buch plays great in the missing link on that line with Kreider and Mika, and could be an absolute game changer. I don’t know that Drury has the balls to admit he screwed up. All Buch has done is grow into a great player since then.

I agree on this but it really depends on his desperation after tonight with Guentzel going to a rival + team you'd see in Round 2. Guentzel has historically killed them and almost beat them on his own in 2022. And yes, Buch is a line driver + worked well with those two before but like you said it depends if Drury has the balls to admit he f***ed up trading him. Hell, that even applies with Vatrano

Last edited:

StlBill

Jul 1, 2018
I agree on this but it really depends on his desperation after tonight with Guentzel going to a rival + team you'd see in Round 2. Guentzel has historically killed them and almost beat them on his own in 2022. And yes, Buch is a line driver + worked well with those two before but like you said it depends if Drury has the balls to admit he f***ed up trading him. Hell, that even applies with Vatrano
I’d actually like to see Buchy go back there and tear it up. He’s been nothing but great here in STL, fantastic teammate, goofy/gel guy in the room. He’ll be missed. However, with Faulk, Krug, and Schenn’s contracts were a few years away. Ohtmann/Pereault and a 1st are what we need. Blues aren’t going to compete for 2-3 years.

FoxyClean

Gets The Tough Pucks Out
Sep 19, 2016
Brooklyn
I’d actually like to see Buchy go back there and tear it up. He’s been nothing but great here in STL, fantastic teammate, goofy/gel guy in the room. He’ll be missed. However, with Faulk, Krug, and Schenn’s contracts were a few years away. Ohtmann/Pereault and a 1st are what we need. Blues aren’t going to compete for 2-3 years.
Offer would probably be 1st + 2nd + Jones/Robertson + Berard/Sykora. If STL says no, Drury probably settles for Vatrano.

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
Yes. 1st is a year late. Lekkerimaki is a nice piece but I'm not that high on him personally and his greatest skills are things we already have in our prospect pipeline. Mikheyev is not adding value to the deal…it’s missing another decent piece IMO.

More power to you I guess, but Lekkerimaki instantly becomes probably your best prospect over Snuggerud (Albeit it is very close, really a pick 'em situation) because he's a blue chip prospect. Mikheyev doesn't add value, but you're not going to get a high 1st when dealing Buchnevich, because the only teams interested in him are contenders - Chicago isn't walking through the door to offer their 1st for him lol.

If that's the expectation for Buchnevich, then he's probably not likely to get traded or St. Louis is interested in quantity > quality.

StlBill

Jul 1, 2018
Offer would probably be 1st + 2nd + Jones/Robertson + Berard/Sykora. If STL says no, Drury probably settles for Vatrano.
I understand that would be Drury’s stance, I also think DA would tell Drury to go get Vatrano instead if his price wasn’t met. DA can also market Buch at the draft.

More power to you I guess, but Lekkerimaki instantly becomes probably your best prospect over Snuggerud (Albeit it is very close, really a pick 'em situation) because he's a blue chip prospect. Mikheyev doesn't add value, but you're not going to get a high 1st when dealing Buchnevich, because the only teams interested in him are contenders - Chicago isn't walking through the door to offer their 1st for him lol.

If that's the expectation for Buchnevich, then he's probably not likely to get traded or St. Louis is interested in quantity > quality.
Respectfully disagree that he hops over Snuggerud or Divorsky, but I respect your opinion. I would be ok with Lekk, but we could really use Willander more for a proper rebuild.

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
I understand that would be Drury’s stance, I also think DA would tell Drury to go get Vatrano instead if his price wasn’t met. DA can also market Buch at the draft.

Respectfully disagree that he hops over Snuggerud or Divorsky, but I respect your opinion. I would be ok with Lekk, but we could really use Willander more for a proper rebuild.

Yeah, I'm pretty comfortable in saying he'd definitely jump Dvorsky and at the very least be equal to Snuggerud. He was just named SHL player of the month 2 days back, leads his team in both points and goals, is 5th in goals overall in the SHL, and is currently 4th all time in goals for skaters under 20 in the SHL behind Kent Nilsson, Elias Pettersson and Peter Forsberg. What he's doing this season puts him in an elite category. I get why the Blues would want Willander, but I view Lekkerimaki as on the same level, and in a bubble he's a better prospect than Willander without considering positions.

StlBill

Jul 1, 2018
Yeah, I'm pretty comfortable in saying he'd definitely jump Dvorsky and at the very least be equal to Snuggerud. He was just named SHL player of the month 2 days back, leads his team in both points and goals, is 5th in goals overall in the SHL, and is currently 4th all time in goals for skaters under 20 in the SHL behind Kent Nilsson, Elias Pettersson and Peter Forsberg. What he's doing this season puts him in an elite category. I get why the Blues would want Willander, but I view Lekkerimaki as on the same level, and in a bubble he's a better prospect than Willander without considering positions.
I watch him very closely, biggest knock on Lekkerimaki is he quite simply doesn’t pass the puck. Does that translate when you don’t have European ice and are being pummeled by the physicality of the NHL? I think that’s why we prefer defense. Our offensive stud draft picks are all drafted in a certain mould.

canuckslover10

Apr 10, 2014
Honestly I like Buch but me personally I'm really high on lekkermaki and Willander so I'd be really hesitant on trading them. My guess would be the Canes again they could garner the assets with half retained and find a way to add him.

Reactions: StlBill

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Honestly I like Buch but me personally I'm really high on lekkermaki and Willander so I'd be really hesitant on trading them. My guess would be the Canes again they could garner the assets with half retained and find a way to add him.

Cancel the Metro playoffs at that point

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Now St. Louis has a good idea of what to expect for 1 rental year of Buchnevich if they hold on to him. If that. This was the best offer that was taken for Guentzel.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad