OT: Buccaneers, Rays & Other Tampa Bay Sports Teams Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Jfc is this for real? How do you let a QB play without vision correction! Omg this should be priority number one so we can figure out if that's the actual f***ing problem here.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Jfc is this for real? How do you let a QB play without vision correction! Omg this should be priority number one so we can figure out if that's the actual ****ing problem here.
Get that boy some lasik

But seriously, if THATS the reason for his interceptions...............:facepalm:

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I can see it now. We let Jameis go, and the next team he signs with convinces him to get Lasik or contacts and he goes on to be yet another QB we let go that becomes a Super Bowl winner. It's a Bucs Life.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Probably the most reasonable compromise but I dunno how interested the Rays are.
Pat Williams is trying to massage the situation, but its not really working.

He hasn't talked to the Rays owner. That should give everyone a pause.

Hillsborough to St. Pete is still going to be a shorter trip than Hillsborough to Orlando. TB is also willing to build things that aren't roads. Maybe he's banking on I-4 Ultimate estimates, but that road will fill again.

He's expecting tourists to prolong their stay, or cut their park trips short to see baseball, especially if they've never seen it before (at MLB prices). This is the holy grail of pro sports, IMO, but I don't think it's even that important. No one has really ever done it. You can't build a true fan base on tourists. Orlando trips, especially international trips, like he wants to somehow target, are expensive and planned in advance. If they wanted to see baseball, they'd already plan for you.

In terms of getting Universal -or- Disney as a sponsor, that's easier in Orlando, but you only get one because you can't sign both. He hasn't spoken to Disney.

11k signups for season tickets are...good? I guess, but there wasn't a deposit. Sounds pretty low in that context.

Last edited:

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
So nice to know that arguably the 2nd best season in Rays history got completely f***ed over by a squad of cheaters who then get a slap on the wrist. No wonder we beat the Astros so badly at Tropicana Field this year. Be even nicer when they probably rattle off another 90-something win season because the AL West is still crap. And to think I was so genuinely happy for Houston for all these years because I thought they were built and winning the right way.

God bless you, Davey Martinez, for leading the Nats to a title. I hope maybe one day you can come back home if Kevin Cash doesn't work out for whatever reason.

And in other breaking news, yet another Boston team accused of cheating. Shocking.... SHOCKING I TELL YOU! About as shocking as a cat coughing up a hairball. Give Alex Cora a lifetime ban

Reactions: berlin

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Yeah but unlike Jameis, Murray didn't even throw any TDs to offset the turnovers.

Vipers better turn it around fast otherwise they literally have no reason to exist. Only a serious masochist would support two awful football teams in the same city.

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
Yeah but unlike Jameis, Murray didn't even throw any TDs to offset the turnovers.

Vipers better turn it around fast otherwise they literally have no reason to exist. Only a serious masochist would support two awful football teams in the same city.
Yes. I can only watch so much bad football. If they don’t start Flowers fire Trestmen. I am soooooooooooo freaking tired of losing football games.

Reactions: Hoek

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
I wouldn't get too excited if I were you. The rumor was that the Bucs were working on a ****ty gradient design for the jersey like the Jags helmet but full body

L O freaking L
I saw that on reddit but that was just a rumor. Plus that gradient design didn't have any pewter in it. You can see pewter in the video on twitter. So i think we're safe from any gradient design.

Reactions: berlin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad