Confirmed with Link: Bryzgalov on try-out with Ducks

Amp30

Jan 27, 2014
Okay that's way too expensive, it doesn't make sense. I know people love Bryz and all, but this was an unnecessary sign in my opinion. Andersen is tired and slipping up a bit lately, but we're still getting wins, and Gibson should be back soon from injury. I thought this season was supposed to be a battle between Gibson and Andersen for who starts in the playoffs? They both have looked good overall from what I've seen.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
I'm ashamed of(in?) all of you. How has this not been posted yet?

tumblr_mbi207f14x1r2sfdbo1_400.gif

Oct 18, 2011
murray has done a really poor job with our cap room.....stoner/bourque/brewer/bryz and only subtracted allen.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
murray has done a really poor job with our cap room.....stoner/bourque/brewer/bryz and only subtracted allen.

:laugh: You're right, seems we'll only have $9+Million come trade deadline time. Do you even check your facts before posting uneducated comments like this? Cap room is not an issue.

Oct 18, 2011
:laugh: You're right, seems we'll only have $9+Million come trade deadline time. Do you even check your facts before posting uneducated comments like this? Cap room is not an issue.
you are assuming he has the green light to spend to the cap, can you provide any factual info that he is going to be allowed to spend?

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
you are assuming he has the green light to spend to the cap, can you provide any factual info that he is going to be allowed to spend?

Can you provide any factual info that he won't be allowed to? And, of course, saying "he didn't do it last year" is not that whatsoever.

Either way, he has the ability to add $9 million in regular salaries at the deadline. Actually, it'll probably be north of $15 million, but hey, who's counting. That's not $9-15 million in actual dollars, it's more like a quarter of that. If there's an opportunity, I don't see the issue.

I really can't see his additions this year affecting anything cap-wise. There's more than enough room that if the green light is given, it's still going to be given.

Mismanaging the cap is spending almost $6 million on your fourth line center when you have literally no room, not spending $3 million on a third-pairing defenseman when you have a ton of room.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Yes so glad Bryz is back in the league, just a little jealous the Ducks got him and the Blues went with old man Marty. Seriously though how can you not love this guy

28ldpvt.gif

OCSportsfan

Sep 30, 2011
The amount of money baffles me as well, but I am going to assume smarter people than I think this is a good deal.

As far as those who say this will prevent the Ducks from making a move, just stop. There is so much cap room that this is not an issue. Also, when was the last time a deal for a big time cap player did not involve salary going back.

In BM we trust.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
The amount of money baffles me as well, but I am going to assume smarter people than I think this is a good deal.

As far as those who say this will prevent the Ducks from making a move, just stop. There is so much cap room that this is not an issue. Also, when was the last time a deal for a big time cap player did not involve salary going back.

In BM we trust.

Have you noticed we are not spending to the cap?

I agree that in any possible deal salary can go back but the actual money spent doesn`t make things easier in any case.

Lord Flashheart

Squadron Commander
Jul 21, 2011
Leipzig/Zg
So much cap room? Today Ducks have just over 2.9m in Cap Space. By the deadline it will be enough to make an impacful trade (if needed). But Ducks certainly don't have much cap room currently.

Oct 18, 2011
Can you provide any factual info that he won't be allowed to? And, of course, saying "he didn't do it last year" is not that whatsoever.

Either way, he has the ability to add $9 million in regular salaries at the deadline. Actually, it'll probably be north of $15 million, but hey, who's counting. That's not $9-15 million in actual dollars, it's more like a quarter of that. If there's an opportunity, I don't see the issue.

I really can't see his additions this year affecting anything cap-wise. There's more than enough room that if the green light is given, it's still going to be given.

Mismanaging the cap is spending almost $6 million on your fourth line center when you have literally no room, not spending $3 million on a third-pairing defenseman when you have a ton of room.
How is that burden of proof on me? We have repeatedly been told there is a budget, and self imposed cap by ownership, it would seem any change in that, should require the burden of proof to be on those claiming so.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
How is that burden of proof on me? We have repeatedly been told there is a budget, and self imposed cap by ownership, it would seem any change in that, should require the burden of proof to be on those claiming so.

How about there's no burden of proof on anyone? Yeah, there's been a budget, and there's also been years where there wasn't. He simply stated how much cap room there still is, and there's no evidence signing Bryz for this much will have any affect on what Murray does for the rest of the year.

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
I thought Bryz was supposed to play in Norfolk last night? He didn't play or dress though...?

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU

That's not what I stated and his ability to spend to the cap isn't the same thing as cap room(although he obviously can't go over the cap). That's a completely separate issue and your original post said nothing about his spending limits.

TheJoeMan

In Bob We Trust
Even the NHL writers think it was weird for us to pay that much money for him:
http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=34746&navid=nhl:topheads

Weekes nailed it on the head. This whole situation really makes no sense especially now that LaBarbera is back. We really have no idea how Bryz is going to perform but Murray has already committed big money (or at least inflated money) to him. I just don't understand why Murray couldn't have signed him to a pro try-out in Norfolk, see how he performed, check the status of his injured goalies and then make a decision. I understood the desperation move in acquiring Brewer but this is totally bonkers.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Weekes nailed it on the head. This whole situation really makes no sense especially now that LaBarbera is back. We really have no idea how Bryz is going to perform but Murray has already committed big money (or at least inflated money) to him. I just don't understand why Murray couldn't have signed him to a pro try-out in Norfolk, see how he performed, check the status of his injured goalies and then make a decision. I understood the desperation move in acquiring Brewer but this is totally bonkers.

Agreed. The fact that Bryz is signed right when LaBarbera is coming back is very odd. Especially when you consider that Gibson seems to be somewhat close.

The only scenario I can think of is Murray gave him extra money so that if he waives Bryz to put him in the minors, someone would be more reluctant to claim him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad