Confirmed with Link: Bryzgalov on try-out with Ducks

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Maybe it's just me, though. I think people are way too quick to suggest a player has nothing to gain in the AHL. My opinion is that, unless a player is absolutely destroying the league(see Perry and Getzlaf), they can always benefit from the higher responsibilities and opportunities they'll get in the AHL.

I agree.

To be honest i think DSP gained a lot from extra time in A

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014
I don't think we need to worry. If it's only one team, we'd be able to protect both Andersen and Gibson. In 2000, there were two options of who you protected. One had one goaltender, the other had two. We'd keep both, but we'd possibly be losing up to 2 (no more than 2 players from a team can be picked) guys like Lovejoy, Stoner (haha, lolz), Fistric and/or Maroon. Would be a lot worse if it was two teams, though.

I find this quite interesting. In the past, if you protected 2 goalies you could then only protect 3 defensemen and 7 forwards.

Lindholm, Fowler, Vatanen
Getz, Perry, Kesler, Silf, Palmieri, Rakell, Maroon (I guess I like him more than most people do, realistically Murray would likely choose DSP over him)

That leaves quite a few guys unprotected. If Gibson wasn't eligible to be drafted it would make things a bit easier. Not saying this is why Gibson is down, just started thinking who we would protect if there was an expansion draft after this season. (Also, I have no idea how many games a player can play and still not be eligible in the draft.)

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
This should be updated to him signing a 1 year contract.

I am hoping that he is able to play like he did before when he was in Anaheim.

460566942_slide.jpg

During warmups tonight in Toronto

Last edited:

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
So in his 1st game back with the Ducks in a relief appearance he allowed 2 goals off of 7 shots

Goals allowed

[NHL]2014020454-772-h[/NHL]

[NHL]2014020454-788-a[/NHL]

Amp30

Jan 27, 2014
Glad to see that over-payment paying off... not a good first impression from him at all. Still don't know why we got him when we should have Gibson coming back soon anyway.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Not sure it's fair to place much judgement on Bryz in a game where he had to come in cold with the team in front of him taking risks to try to score. He gave up two to one of the best snipers in the league not some random plug.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Not sure it's fair to place much judgement on Bryz in a game where he had to come in cold with the team in front of him taking risks to try to score. He gave up two to one of the best snipers in the league not some random plug.

Don't sugar coat it, it isn't fair.

Heisenberg77

Jan 8, 2007
Bruins fan coming in peace, here. I've just been wondering... Is Fred legit?? Does he steal games or just win because of the team in front of him? Is John Gibson at all a threat this year with Bryz signing? Do you guys expect Fred to finish the season as the undisputed #1?

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Bruins fan coming in peace, here. I've just been wondering... Is Fred legit?? Does he steal games or just win because of the team in front of him? Is John Gibson at all a threat this year with Bryz signing? Do you guys expect Fred to finish the season as the undisputed #1?

It's hard to say any goalie with less than a season being a starter is legit. Too many flame out. Andersen has looked burnt out recently but is generally good enough to give the team a chance every night and has stolen a few games.

I'd put money on Andersen finishing the season as the number 1. In the playoffs who knows what BB will do - in the past he's never been afraid to switch things up. I feel his handling of the goalies in the playoffs both in Anaheim and in Washington has been one of his biggest weaknesses as a coach.

Magnus the Duck

Nov 7, 2014
Sweden
It's hard to say any goalie with less than a season being a starter is legit. Too many flame out. Andersen has looked burnt out recently but is generally good enough to give the team a chance every night and has stolen a few games.

I didn't think Andersen looked tired in Saturdays game vs Winnipeg. Then there was three days until next game so should have got some extra rest. But overall need 2nd goalie to take some games of course.

Wonder who will start against Montreal on Thursday.

Tecumseh

Scorched Earth
Oct 20, 2012
Southbridge, MA
Don't forget that Bryzgalov made a few good saves then gave up those two goals to Phil Kessel on breakaways. He did well considering how bad the team in front of him was last night. Give him a break.

Flyboy34

Registered Something
Jul 7, 2003
33,000 FT
Don't forget that Bryzgalov made a few good saves then gave up those two goals to Phil Kessel on breakaways. He did well considering how bad the team in front of him was last night. Give him a break.

It looked like Bryz didn't get a good read on the breakaway goal and the moving screen didn't give him a chance to defend on the other goal. Hard to fault him on these but I didn't appreciate his reaction on the the 'moving screen' goal... Things were coming unglued, the defenseman don't need another voice in their ears - they know what happened as soon as the puck was in the net. Sometimes it's better to just take the bumps and roll with it, even in a 6-2 game.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
The Goals he allowed in tonight's game

[NHL]2014020475-14-h[/NHL]

[NHL]2014020475-32-h[/NHL]

[NHL]2014020475-609-h[/NHL]

[NHL]2014020475-612-h[/NHL]

[NHL]2014020475-704-h[/NHL]

[NHL]2014020475-741-h[/NHL]

Ad