mad scientist
Aug 13, 2012
In A Lonely Corner
surprised-reaction-guy-l-5504f5176670d.png

......solid signing

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Uh ya - Froese is extremely good. They also signed Brenden Miller from North Bay - great numbers, and Chris Clapperton from Rimouski - great playoffs.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
As far as I know, he spent a lot of time centering Nylander and Brown with the Marlies if I'm not mistaken.

I believe Nylander-Froese-Frattin ended up as our top line.
Leipsic-Rupert-Brown became another.
Now add Gauthier-Kapanen to the mix.

Hockeylaw

Jan 16, 2013
A revelation on the Marlies last season. With McKegg gone, they'll need him at centre. As long as he doesn't steal too much of the spotlight from Nylander, Verhaeghe, and Gauthier (assuming they all end up in the AHL next season), I'm happy with this signing.

sIDEsHOW93

Apr 29, 2015
Canada
Uh ya - Froese is extremely good. They also signed Brenden Miller from North Bay - great numbers, and Chris Clapperton from Rimouski - great playoffs.

Miller and Clapperton were two great signings IMO. This is also the second time this offseason we signed a former 5th rnd pick by Florida. :)

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Good for him! He won't be high up on the prospect depth chart but he may get an NHL audition before several other Marlies due to his advanced age. This is very unusual to see a player flame out badly during his entry level deal, then earn another NHL contract.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Good depth player. Was great on the Marlies last year. Doubt he's much more then that, but we'll see.

Super Mega

Jun 29, 2013
I must admit I thought Froese was a few years older - saw him play a couple times with the marlies - good i guess?

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Never seen him play.

Is he any relation to the old Goalie, Bob Froese?

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I mean... if you watch the AHL, he was a core part of the marlies team last year in scoring lol

Yup, he was one of the better Marlies last year and a great addition and he earned this contract as last year he played on a AHL PTO contract only.

Now he is officially Leaf property with this signing.

I watched Froese play in the WHL and he was a very good junior player with Everett and then Red Deer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad