Confirmed with Link: Bryon Froese signs a two year deal with the Maple Leafs

Leafsman

I guess $11M doesn't buy you what it use to
May 22, 2008
Good for him! He won't be high up on the prospect depth chart but he may get an NHL audition before several other Marlies due to his advanced age. This is very unusual to see a player flame out badly during his entry level deal, then earn another NHL contract.

He's only 24.

I wouldn't call him "advanced age."

Has had some ups and downs by the looks of it but from everything I've read and what people are saying - he has earned this contract.

I love players like this! Nothing more dangerous than a guy with something to prove.

I really wish him great success.

Leafsman

I guess $11M doesn't buy you what it use to
May 22, 2008
Froese seems to be producing the most down the middle at the moment, though it's a small sample, and the bulk of that seems to be coming from an uptick in assists. In terms of shots, he is indeed taking more on the wings.

What's interesting is that this comes without much consistency in terms of linemates. Froese hasn't spent more than eight of his 28 games with any particular linemate, but has continued to produce, and in many cases, has elevated the games of those around him. Matt Frattin is a great example; in his eight games with Froese, he's averaged over a shot more per game, and has half as many goals as he did in the 33 games without him.

In fact, almost the entire team appears to be generating more offence while playing with Froese than without him. There are some exceptions to the rule, but overall on the whole, Froese's linemates have averaged 0.31 goals per game while playing with him, a significant increase over the 0.18 they average without him. Those players are also taking 0.2 more shots per game, which adds up in the long run.

Very encouraging. A very good guy to have in the system
theleafsnation.com/2015/3/10/byron-froese-making-a-case-for-an-nhl-contract

Lion15

Apr 18, 2015
Kawartha Lakes
He's had an up and down career so far, but from my readings this past year he appears to be shooting the puck twice as often and good things are happening. Sounds like he's got a good shot and is a solid possession guy. It'll be interesting to see if Froese is on the short-list for call ups to test him out with the big boys.

Pholus

May 23, 2014
47 when you remove Andreas Johnson, who will be playing in Sweden and Cody Donaghey who will be playing junior. Atleast thats the plan for now.

Seeing as Johnson is a '94, I'm like 99% certain his contract will no longer slide (although I could be wrong seeing as he will play in Europe rather than CHL), since overagers in the CHL do not have their contracts slide.

Any link ?

Hard to believe , that would be a waste of a contract spot...

They were signed by the Marlies, not the Leafs.

http://www.marlies.ca/news/news.asp?story_id=3539

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
Prediction: Froese starts the year with the Marlies, but comes to the big club mid-year to replace an injured player. He fits in well and becomes a starter for the rest of the year.

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
yay! welcome!
dunno who you are, but welcome!

Lol you posted 15 times a day in the Marlies threads and claimed to watch a lot of games, but you don't know who Byron Froese is?

Can we fix his name in the OP too?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad