Confirmed with Link: Bryan Rust proves user Peat wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Am I allowed to make one of these about Letang and @ half the board? Letang injured again, missed 1/3rd of season. He injured Malkin when he look motivated and on pace for career year. Haven't won a Cup since he wasn't playing.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Hey I'm all aboard the Rust gravy train right now- he's killing it.
But he also was killing it last year while on Sid/Jake's flank for a spell before he disappeared and then had (another) injury.

I hope he can continue this for the rest of the year but history says he's not this type of player and he's on an insane hot streak that's likely to be in the valley eventually.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Am I allowed to make one of these about Letang and @ half the board? Letang injured again, missed 1/3rd of season. He injured Malkin when he look motivated and on pace for career year. Haven't won a Cup since he wasn't playing.

No, because my thread is obviously in cheeky U.K. humor to @Peat and I love what he / she brings to this forum.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Peat’s “who should be Crosby’s right winger” thread/post was one of the best posts I’ve ever read on this website.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Being his biggest fan and one of the few people around here refusing to trade him to get rid of JJ... I agree with this thread. I would like to throw @Honour Over Glory in the thread title as well. If we are being fair.

And even under the mass scrutiny he deserved to start the season last year, I said we should give young guys on new contract all the time in the world to figure it out. And looky looky... he figured it out. Even Bryan would probably tell you that is his darkest time as a hockey player.

Patience is a virtue. We should start being a tad more patient. Right now it's Matt Murray. Dude is not playing to his level and needs to be better. But if you want an example of what being patient with a young player gets you.... see Bryan Rust.
No, if you're going to call me out on this, you gotta get it right.

My frustrations was with the coaching staff and the usage of Rust and then the fact that they were rumored to be wanting to move him and Hornqvist, my two favourite players on the team, bar none. I wanted them off this shit show so they could show the morons here that thought they were both people this team needed to move, how wrong they were when they would go beast mode on another team and then see people do what this board does best - Complain and shit all over any one that leaves this team like a jilted ex lover.

I hated the usage of Rust with Crosby because it was always at the expense of Rust playing well and then being put in a wrong spot until he got cold and then shafted down to the 3rd line and repeat. Horny was put with Brass and Bjugstad and expected to carry those two clowns etc.

It was never - trade them!
It was - Trade them, this coaching staff is going to ruin them, they deserve far better.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Love Rusty and was very much against trading him as a cap dump or whatever. That said, I think I even suggested trading him instead of Bjugstad if it came down it due to position need. What a dumb thought that was.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
All you WANKERS NOW SEE THE LIGHT?!

giphy.gif

You think this is a game? I have a Rust jersey from his college days to every jersey he's worn as a Penguin.

#17 is life.

What you're leaving out is that you stole them from Rusty's closet while he was sleeping.

Superfan or Stalker? You be the judge.

Reactions: EightyOne

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
He’s been proving a lot of people wrong, myself included.

Yep.
He's still not gonna be the best playmaker but his shot and getting open to take that shot + his wheels are top notch right now.
My big thing was that i thought injuries would hurt his wheels but credit to him for what ever he's done for rehabbing/strengthening in the summers. It's worked wonders.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Some of the worries were certainly valid. He played balls to the wall to earn his payday. Only natural for a guy to be a bit more comfortable and play less reckless. Not everyone is Tanev.

Good thing for us he seems to have gained confidence after getting past his struggles last year and has the right mindset to play the same way that got him here.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I don't know how much I believe Rust is truly a 30+ goal scorer. But I have to say that he seems to have quite a good bit of chemistry with Malkin and when that's the case and so long as health isn't a thing (HAHAHAHAHAHA) AND the coach doesn't try to outsmart himself then you never know.

Reactions: Shady Machine

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I don't know how much I believe Rust is truly a 30+ goal scorer. But I have to say that he seems to have quite a good bit of chemistry with Malkin and when that's the case and so long as health isn't a thing (HAHAHAHAHAHA) AND the coach doesn't try to outsmart himself then you never know.

I think he can be a fixture with 71 if you've got the proper LW. Third wheel at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad