Confirmed with Link: Bryan Rust proves user Peat wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
@Peat @Riptide

Love you guys, but Rusty has put up a 50 pt pace through 44 games in 2019.

Dude is a legit top six forward when given the chance.

All hail the RUSTACHE!
All you WANKERS NOW SEE THE LIGHT?!

giphy.gif

You think this is a game? I have a Rust jersey from his college days to every jersey he's worn as a Penguin.

#17 is life.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
You plebs are not worthy to see my jersey collection.

Not even my Ian Moran signed jersey - This one hurt to admit to out loud.

Ian Moran was a stalwart on this team. Emphasis on wart. But like...I'd take a 'prime' Moran right about now.

Now, if you had a Billy Tibbetts signed jersey...well...that should be burned, lol

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Ian Moran was a stalwart on this team. Emphasis on wart. But like...I'd take a 'prime' Moran right about now.

Now, if you had a Billy Tibbets signed jersey...well...that should be burned, lol
Sullivan has a boner for Trotman, I swear, of all the guys in WBS, he loves to get that guy up any chance he can. Like this team played Ruhwedel and Trotman tonight, I am surprised we didn't get owned any harder than losing in OT.

Also, the jerseys, I sent 99% of them back with my parents to keep at their place, mothballed and all. The only ones I keep with me are the more newer ones, even my Pacioretty Wolverines jersey is back with them (yeah, I really am a big fan of his as well). Even during Pens games here in Vancouver, I keep it low key, I might wear a Pens hat, but jerseys and more nostalgic stuff, I tend to keep it back in Pittsburgh with the folks.

Lol Billy Tibbetts, there's a guy I never liked and didn't get why this team would ever sign someone that messed up for a past. Then they went and signed Harry Zolnierczyk and it's like...how does this team ever justify thumbing their nose at "people with low character" when they have a history of signing these two f***ing clowns and then that Lemieux & Quinn incident that was "conveniently" swept under the rug like the Doug Gilmour incident in St.Louis.

Hockey sure had its "NFL" moments of getting rid of accusations quick and dirty like back in the 80's.

Reactions: EightyOne

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Sullivan has a ***** for Trotman, I swear, of all the guys in WBS, he loves to get that guy up any chance he can. Like this team played Ruhwedel and Trotman tonight, I am surprised we didn't get owned any harder than losing in OT.

Also, the jerseys, I sent 99% of them back with my parents to keep at their place, mothballed and all. The only ones I keep with me are the more newer ones, even my Pacioretty Wolverines jersey is back with them (yeah, I really am a big fan of his as well). Even during Pens games here in Vancouver, I keep it low key, I might wear a Pens hat, but jerseys and more nostalgic stuff, I tend to keep it back in Pittsburgh with the folks.
my jerseys are folded neatly in storage boxes under my bed, cant be creasing those shoulders, crests or numbers!

Oh I bust out my Sharks jersey for any regular game in San Jose.

But when the Pens are in town...you best believe I am fully subscribed in Pens gear...

81betterthanHOG.jpg

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
my jerseys are folded neatly in storage boxes under my bed, cant be creasing those shoulders, crests or numbers!

Oh I bust out my Sharks jersey for any regular game in San Jose.

But when the Pens are in town...you best believe I am fully subscribed in Pens gear...

View attachment 281097
I let my gf wear my Mario Lemieux rookie jersey to a game, she spilled mustard on it.

This is why she can't have nice things anymore. And why I never wear my jerseys to games.

Reactions: EightyOne

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I think the really surprising thing with Rust this year is how much his shot has improved. His wrist shot looks much more dangerous this year than it has in past years and he's shooting a lot more this year (over 3 shots/game this year, every other year hovered around 2 shots/game). Even if his shooting% regresses back to the minimum in the last 3 years (10.6%), him having 3 shots a night ends up being 26 goals in 82 games.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I've loved Rust since the 2016 playoffs when he was dynamite.

I also never doubted last year that he'd get back to his best. My only question was whether he was expendable for the purposes of eliminating the Jack Johnson contract.

There's no reason to doubt him:
  • 65th percentile skill
  • 90th percentile speed
  • 80th percentile board work
  • 80th percentile tenacity
Makes for a great hockey forward in the modern NHL. He's not Panarin, no, but I'd rather have him at $3.5M than Panarin at $11M.

Just kidding I'd rather have both.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Sullivan has a ***** for Trotman, I swear, of all the guys in WBS, he loves to get that guy up any chance he can. Like this team played Ruhwedel and Trotman tonight, I am surprised we didn't get owned any harder than losing in OT.

Lol Billy Tibbetts, there's a guy I never liked and didn't get why this team would ever sign someone that messed up for a past. Then they went and signed Harry Zolnierczyk and it's like...how does this team ever justify thumbing their nose at "people with low character" when they have a history of signing these two ****ing clowns and then that Lemieux & Quinn incident that was "conveniently" swept under the rug like the Doug Gilmour incident in St.Louis.

Hockey sure had its "NFL" moments of getting rid of accusations quick and dirty like back in the 80's.

Would have kept Ethan Prow over Trotman. Prow not even getting a shot last year either. Whos also doing good in AHL this year. Trotman is taller, thats it.

Prow can move the puck much better and a better skater.

Reactions: TNT87

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Being his biggest fan and one of the few people around here refusing to trade him to get rid of JJ... I agree with this thread. I would like to throw @Honour Over Glory in the thread title as well. If we are being fair.

And even under the mass scrutiny he deserved to start the season last year, I said we should give young guys on new contract all the time in the world to figure it out. And looky looky... he figured it out. Even Bryan would probably tell you that is his darkest time as a hockey player.

Patience is a virtue. We should start being a tad more patient. Right now it's Matt Murray. Dude is not playing to his level and needs to be better. But if you want an example of what being patient with a young player gets you.... see Bryan Rust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad