Bryan Murray on the team 1200 at 3:05 today.

Gus Fring

May 16, 2004
Ottawa
Same here but not hearing any talk of him being on the show but the sens official twitter says hes supposed to be on so now I'm conufused.

ACLEVERNAME

No content.
Jan 6, 2010
Oof...
Did SensTV ever end up posting the Mclean interview from earlier today? I can't find it for the life of me.

Gus Fring

May 16, 2004
Ottawa
Murray
-Looking forward to camp says it's been too long
-Thinks they're in a good position with a shortened season
-Thinks they have 8 or 9 guys that are NHL ready in bingo
-Says he's received a number of calls from free agent defencemen over the past few days and also has spoken to a few gms to address the D
-Might bring someone up from the bsens to help on d
-Lundin out for 3-4 weeks at least

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Murray
-Looking forward to camp says it's been too long
-Thinks they're in a good position with a shortened season
-Thinks they have 8 or 9 guys that are NHL ready in bingo
-Says he's received a number of calls from free agent defencemen over the past few days and also has spoken to a few gms to address the D
-Might bring someone up from the bsens to help on d
-Lundin out for 3-4 weeks at least
Glad to hear he's addressing the D.

Gus Fring

May 16, 2004
Ottawa
-Thinks Ceci is a longer term project but will look at him at camp.
-Very happy with Bishop and Lehner gonna take a hard look at both of them.
-Thinks the team is tough enough but if not he'll have to address it.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
They may intend to keep the truth under wraps forever.

I sincerely doubt that.

If the reports that no one knows what's going on with Mika then it's for the best that Murray said nothing.
The fact that he was not mentioned indicates that there is no good news, which is definitely worrisome.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
He said he's going to address with prospects, if it doesn't work, then they'll look at other options.

Would love to see Murray trade some of our smaller forwards like Da Costa, Petersson, Pageau or Wideman for an NHL defenceman, although I`m not sure how much value they would have.

My guess though is that Murray will sign at least one free agent defenceman, maybe Kurtis Foster who is from the Ottawa area. So is O'Donnel but he is older & IMO done. Foster is big, tough & can add some potential pts to the defence which needs it badly. Pair him with Benoit & they could be a decent pairing. Eckford also has some NHL experience & has been playing well in Bingo, Carkner was given his shot at 29 yrs old maybe they will give Eckford his shot

ACLEVERNAME

No content.
Jan 6, 2010
Oof...
I still think Zib was traded months ago and keeping him out the past couple of months, including the WJHCs, was meant to keep him from scrambling his brains anymore before the trade could happen.

#tinfoilhat

General Granny*

He said this morning that Zibby is healthy to come to camp this week but they are keeping him at Bingo.

Step away from the cliff people.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
Highlights for the poors sods of us behind firewalls making our daily living?
-Less than 30 players at camp.
-Defense is a concern with injuries, but thankfully have young guys playing well in Bingo.
-Coaches don't get rusty. :D
-Training camp is the only block of extended practice time for the entire season. Important to just keep rolling from there throughout the short season.
-Most important skill of team is skating. When we don't skate we are a bad team.
-(Asked about Alfie and his age as a concern in a condensed schedule) Depth is most important thing for team. If guys have to miss the odd game to recover, need someone that can replace them.
-Craig Anderson is our number one goaltender. (Follow up question on whether he has a short leash if he has a slow start) The best guy is going to play.
-Thanks to the fans for being patient. Everyone wanted to play, and now we are.

Cyril Leeder:
-To the fans, we are sorry.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Would love to see Murray trade some of our smaller forwards like Da Costa, Petersson, Pageau or Wideman for an NHL defenceman, although I`m not sure how much value they would have.

My guess though is that Murray will sign at least one free agent defenceman, maybe Kurtis Foster who is from the Ottawa area. So is O'Donnel but he is older & IMO done. Foster is big, tough & can add some potential pts to the defence which needs it badly. Pair him with Benoit & they could be a decent pairing. Eckford also has some NHL experience & has been playing well in Bingo, Carkner was given his shot at 29 yrs old maybe they will give Eckford his shot

nope. he specifically mentioned that they'll start with in house d. only if that proves troublesome then he'll look outside. i think that's pretty smart as no one knows in what kind of shape free agent d's are in right now.

no thanks to o'donnel nor foster. i'd rather give wiercioch, borowiecki and/or benoit a chance.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
nope. he specifically mentioned that they'll start with in house d. only if that proves troublesome then he'll look outside. i think that's pretty smart as no one knows in what kind of shape free agent d's are in right now.

no thanks to o'donnel nor foster. i'd rather give wiercioch, borowiecki and/or benoit a chance.
The only "FA" defenseman I would take a look at is Paul Ranger, because he's been playing meaningful games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad