Brule buries 4 straight tonight....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hordichuk_24

Brule isn't better than Crosby. Not by any stretch of the imagination. But keep in mind, Brule plays in a harder and more competitive league than Crosby does. So factor in that, and include the skill level of Crosby, and no doubt he is going to have a much higher point total.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Hordichuk_24 said:
Brule isn't better than Crosby. Not by any stretch of the imagination. But keep in mind, Brule plays in a harder and more competitive league than Crosby does. So factor in that, and include the skill level of Crosby, and no doubt he is going to have a much higher point total.

What League is Yellow Horn cleaning up in?

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Crosbyfan said:
What League is Yellow Horn cleaning up in?

Yellow Horn is talented, but he's tiny. He's racking up points in the dub because he's in a good situation. He plays with one of the better powerforwards in the dub - who opens up the ice and gives him space. Honestly, Yellow horn is a little lucky to have so many points. Hell, the game where he scored 4 goals a couple of days ago were all gimmie rebounds/in close goals.

So dont you dare compare Brule to Yellow Horn. :teach:

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
monster_bertuzzi said:
Yellow Horn is talented, but he's tiny. He's racking up points in the dub because he's in a good situation. He plays with one of the better powerforwards in the dub - who opens up the ice and gives him space. Honestly, Yellow horn is a little lucky to have so many points. Hell, the game where he scored 4 goals a couple of days ago were all gimmie rebounds/in close goals.

Well you could pretty much say the same for Crosby at the WJC.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
monster_bertuzzi said:
It was mainly Mizral and he was saying potentially that Brule could be a better NHLer than Crosby. I dont think anyone has that opinion anymore, but I myself will never hold off the possibility that Brule will be a better NHLer than Crosby.
Nope, Mizral was saying, I think along with you, that he would pick Brule first overall in the draft ahead of Crosby. There were a couple others who joined his endless parade.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Unbiased Canadian said:
You're right the majority of Crosby's goals were tap in attempts at the WJC....Yellow Horn scores many of the same...and you know what scouts think of Yellow Horn.

The next power forward? :dunno:

target

Sep 10, 2002
nova scotia
Visit site
Brule leads the dub!! in empty net points. so you think Crosby's goals were "easy" tap ins? I don't think they easy at all. That one against Sweden off his skate to his stick from behind the goal line was really easy.

Nielson81

Feb 28, 2002
www.hockeysfutureradio.com
target said:
Brule leads the dub!! in empty net points. so you think Crosby's goals were "easy" tap ins? I don't think they easy at all. That one against Sweden off his skate to his stick from behind the goal line was really easy.

Holy smokes....I had no Idea the WHL kept track of empty net points.

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
There are things that many of you seems to forget. A goal is a goal, no matter how you score it. When you're down 2-1 in the third period, you want to score a goal. Not a beauty, only a goal.

Yellowhorn is so underrated, like Wellwood and Locke. I'll guess all three of them are going to have a significant impact in the NHL.

Nielson81

Feb 28, 2002
markov` said:
There are things that many of you seems to forget. A goal is a goal, no matter how you score it. When you're down 2-1 in the third period, you want to score a goal. Not a beauty, only a goal.

Yellowhorn is so underrated, like Wellwood and Locke. I'll guess all three of them are going to have a significant impact in the NHL.

Well you lost any credibility you had.....Yellow Horn and significant impact in the NHL should not and never will again be used in the same sentence.

Brutal man.....

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
monster_bertuzzi said:

Seriously guy...you have lost all credibility with me on this subject. It doesn't seem like you are trying to make any sort of argument other than just repeating the anti-Yellowhorn rhetoric -which some people here spew ad'naseum.

1)He is not "tiny"... he is short, yes...but he has a stocky build. P-M Bouchard is/was tiny. Get your facts straight.

2)Fillewich is nothing without Yellow. This has been proven again and again and again this season when he is taken of 'Horns line and he dissapears while Yellow still fills the net. Filly is as soft as puppy-sh*t.
Out of respect for true power-forwards I would request that you do not call him that.

3)Yellowhorn is *NOT* in a great situation. He is focused on every night by every opponents top line. When they play Red Deere for example he has Phaneuf matched up against him all night. A "great situation" would be 2nd-line with lots of PP time.

4)Unbiased Canadian... you are certainly entitled to your opinion...but when you start passing it off as fact I think most everyone here just rolls their eyes and thinks "what a jack-a$$".

Who exactly are you to TELL us how he will do in the NHL (if he makes it)?

*Again...I will repeat... I am not the biggest Yellowhorn fan out there...but I think -in pursuit of being an objective hockey fan- you gotta give the kid his due...rather than just holding on for dear life to your viewpoint from the start of the season.

Nielson81

Feb 28, 2002
Colt.45Orr said:
1)He is not "tiny"... he is short, yes...but he has a stocky build. P-M Bouchard is/was tiny. Get your facts straight.

2)Fillewich is nothing without Yellow. This has been proven again and again and again this season when he is taken of 'Horns line and he dissapears while Yellow still fills the net. Filly is as soft as puppy-sh*t.
Out of respect for true power-forwards I would request that you do not call him that.

3)Yellowhorn is *NOT* in a great situation. He is focused on every night by every opponents top line. When they play Red Deere for example he has Phaneuf matched up against him all night. A "great situation" would be 2nd-line with lots of PP time.

4)Unbiased Canadian... you are certainly entitled to your opinion...but when you start passing it off as fact I think most everyone here just rolls their eyes and thinks "what a jack-a$$".

Who exactly are you to TELL us how he will do in the NHL (if he makes it)?

Colt.Orr45 .... just curious do you live in Lethbridge and go to these games??
Yellow Horn is short.....and you're right he isn't tiny....he's chubby....have you seen the kid when he is training down stairs....he certainly isn't a rock.

Filewich is nothing without Yellow Horn is the most absurd statement I've heard yet.....Filewich scored 30 goals last year, almost had 30 the year before. If anything it's the other way around.....tell me this how does Yellow Horn do when he is placed with Versteeg or Lammers...answer...not to great.

As for perfect situation...he is in the perfect situation....he gets more power-play time then anyone on that team with maybe the except of Seabrook. He and Filewich make their living on the powerplay... Colton has 13 PP goals and Filewich has 16...which means almost 50 % of their goals come on the PP.

And you're right I can't TELL you how good he will be in the NHL....simply because he will never ever get a sniff of the big show.

Players who were 10 times better then Yellow Horn didn't make it to the NHL....short and slow are a bad combination.

Once again just my thoughts.....what he is doing in Lethbridge right now is great. It's entertaining to watch. Will it translate into the NHL....not a chance. I'm sure if you ask Yellow Horn, what he thinks his chances are of playing the show...he will say very slim.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
Unbiased Canadian said:
Yellow Horn is short.....and you're right he isn't tiny....he's chubby....have you seen the kid when he is training down stairs....he certainly isn't a rock.

Filewich is nothing without Yellow Horn is the most absurd statement I've heard yet.....Filewich scored 30 goals last year, almost had 30 the year before. If anything it's the other way around.....tell me this how does Yellow Horn do when he is placed with Versteeg or Lammers...answer...not to great.

As for perfect situation...he is in the perfect situation....he gets more power-play time then anyone on that team with maybe the except of Seabrook. He and Filewich make their living on the powerplay... Colton has 13 PP goals and Filewich has 16...which means almost 50 % of their goals come on the PP.

And you're right I can't TELL you how good he will be in the NHL....simply because he will never ever get a sniff of the big show.

Players who were 10 times better then Yellow Horn didn't make it to the NHL....short and slow are a bad combination.

Once again just my thoughts.....what he is doing in Lethbridge right now is great. It's entertaining to watch. Will it translate into the NHL....not a chance. I'm sure if you ask Yellow Horn, what he thinks his chances are of playing the show...he will say very slim.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with you. I love what's happenening here, but it's really a dream season for Colton and he will be hard pressed to take to another level.

Nielson81

Feb 28, 2002
loudi94 said:
Unfortunately, I have to agree with you. I love what's happenening here, but it's really a dream season for Colton and he will be hard pressed to take to another level.

Thanks for the backing man....how about that game against the Ice though....if you were there....what did ya think of the atmosphere....just nuts hey.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Unbiased Canadian said:

Look...I'm torn here...

I've seen him play alot and I don't really like him (seems like abit of a floater and doesn't have the North-South speed you look for)... on the other hand...I believe 100% in Versteeg -and have been discouraged that he doesn't put up the #'s that Yellow has so far this year.

I think there is ALOT working against Yellow right now BUT there is absolutely NO way that (with his skill set) you can say definitively that he won't get a sniff a few years down the road.

Who is to say that he won't grow a few inches?...drop a few pounds...improve his D?? MY whole point in this (and I honestly never thought I would be a YellowHorn apologist) is that he has high percentages of things that you simply cannot teach (hockey-sense, offensive imagination) so he has a decent chance if he can improve the other areas.

All this being said... I wouldn't want my team to take a high risk pick on him...but I think someone will.

Here is my question for the board:
If he doesn't have the speed and shot of Brule (which he doesn't) than you have to question what it is that he has that Brule does not.

BTW - Yellow scored a beaut tonight (25th)...click here....

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
Colt.45Orr said:
Look...I'm torn here...

I've seen him play alot and I don't really like him (seems like abit of a floater and doesn't have the North-South speed you look for)... on the other hand...I believe 100% in Versteeg -and have been discouraged that he doesn't put up the #'s that Yellow has so far this year.

I think there is ALOT working against Yellow right now BUT there is absolutely NO way that (with his skill set) you can say definitively that he won't get a sniff a few years down the road.

Who is to say that he won't grow a few inches?...drop a few pounds...improve his D?? MY whole point in this (and I honestly never thought I would be a YellowHorn apologist) is that he has high percentages of things that you simply cannot teach (hockey-sense, offensive imagination) so he has a decent chance if he can improve the other areas.

All this being said... I wouldn't want my team to take a high risk pick on him...but I think someone will.

Here is my question for the board:
If he doesn't have the speed and shot of Brule (which he doesn't) than you have to question what it is that he has that Brule does not.

BTW - Yellow scored a beaut tonight (25th)...click here....

I think Versteeg has even less of a chance than Yellowhorn. I don't see him fitting in with Boston at all. Maybe the West, but the East will be tough for him to succeed in.

Nielson81

Feb 28, 2002
Yellow Horn scored another beauty tonight....no denying it, the kid has hands.

I'm going to be interviewing him on Sunday...should be interesting, I heard he isn't much of a talker.

Versteeg is starting come around as a hockey player....I think he could make an impact in the playoffs.

Ofcourse he goes down to easy....the onyl thing that falls more then Versteeg in the winter is snow.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
loudi94 said:
I think Versteeg has even less of a chance than Yellowhorn. I don't see him fitting in with Boston at all. Maybe the West, but the East will be tough for him to succeed in.

No offence... but you seem like the typical Lethbridge hockey fan: oblivious to how good Versteeg really is -or at least could be. The guy is seriously under-appreciated in Lethbridge.

The Bruins are very high on him...they were going to take him earlier in the draft-but held off knowing they could get him with their 5th. They see him as a potential steal... I am NOT going to pass on quotes (from the exact same scouting staff that pegged Bergeron) because they were given to me in confidence...but basically I think that if more people started to watch all the little smart things he does...they will see that his potential has NHL written all over it (though is stats don't currently reflect that).

He needs to add some meat to his frame -but he has already put on 2 inches since being drafted.

As for fitting on the Bruins... I think he would make a very nice replacement for Axellson in a few years time... they have some interesting similarities.

Last edited:

Nielson81

Feb 28, 2002
Colt.45Orr said:
No offence... but you seem like the typical Lethbridge hockey fan: oblivious to how good Versteeg really is -or at least could be. The guy is seriously under-appreciated in Lethbridge.

The Bruins are very high on him...they were going to take him with their 3rd -but held off knowing they could get him with their 5th. They see him as a potential steal... I am NOT going to pass on quotes (from the exact same scouting staff that pegged Bergeron) because they were given to me in confidence...but basically I think that if more people started to watch all the little smart things he does...they will see that his potential has NHL written all over it (though is stats don't currently reflect that).

He needs to add some meat to his frame -but he has already put on 2 inches since being drafted.

As for fitting on the Bruins... I think he would make a very nice replacement for Axellson in a few years time... they have some interesting similarities.

I back Colton.Orr.45 on some of these points.....Versteeg is actually improving quite a bit, he has put on some pounds....I know playing ball hockey with/against him over the summer, he was pretty damn skinny, but he is bulking up nicely.

He is also starting to become dependable in his own end. And like I said in a post above I think he will be an impact player in the playoffs.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
Colt.45Orr said:

The Bruins are very high on him...they were going to take him with their 3rd -but held off knowing they could get him with their 5th. They see him as a potential steal... I am NOT going to pass on quotes (from the exact same scouting staff that pegged Bergeron) because they were given to me in confidence...but basically I think that if more people started to watch all the little smart things he does...they will see that his potential has NHL written all over it (though is stats don't currently reflect that).

Is he as under appreciated as Seabrook is over appreciated? It's some of the things he does that makes me think he's got a lot of work to do. For example, he's shown his frustration on the ice when he doesn't receive a pass or he takes cheap penalties (grabbing Glass' stick last week)

As a Habs fan I would hardly consider Axellson's career a success.
:D

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
loudi94 said:
Is he as under appreciated as Seabrook is over appreciated? It's some of the things he does that makes me think he's got a lot of work to do. For example, he's shown his frustration on the ice when he doesn't receive a pass or he takes cheap penalties (grabbing Glass' stick last week)

As a Habs fan I would hardly consider Axellson's career a success.
:D

He shows that he has alot of emotions and that he cares. You want to see that from a prospect.... He is a very nice guy -so I would be cautious about painting a picture of him as throwing temper-tantrums, because that simply is not the case.

I won't get into my feelings on Seabrook.... but yes, I feel Versteeg is very under-appreciated in the Lethbridge.

As for Axellson :D ...not my favourite player, but he is an Olympian who has made a nice career for himself since he has re-invented himself as a checking (with smarts/speed) specialist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad