Brule buries 4 straight tonight....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Unbiased Canadian said:
Not sure if anyone had pointed this out tonight but Gilbert Brule scored goals number 30,31,32 and 33 tonight.

In fact he scored 4 straight goals for the Giants.

Pretty impressive.

Unbiased Canadian

Your friggen funny guy... Brule scored 4 let's bust out the party-hats...
Yellowhorn scores 4 on the same night and you continue bashing him...

Brule has 72 pts.
Yellowhorn has 77pts.

Brule is 17.
Yellowhorn is 17.

Despite your constant negative slants on Yellowhorn (and yes, I agree...he isn't A-B fast) you fail to give the guy *any* credit for what he is doing...which is being in the top 3 all year long in the WHL as a 17-yr-old.

I don't love the guy either...but I'll give him credit.

Nothing personal, but give your head a shake.

btw-I think it is reasonable to expect a 17-yr-old to grow a few inches after 17...happened to me...

Nielson81

Feb 28, 2002
www.hockeysfutureradio.com
Colt.45Orr said:
Your friggen funny guy... Brule scored 4 let's bust out the party-hats...
Yellowhorn scores 4 on the same night and you continue bashing him...

Brule has 72 pts.
Yellowhorn has 77pts.

Brule is 17.
Yellowhorn is 17.

Despite your constant negative slants on Yellowhorn (and yes, I agree...he isn't A-B fast) you fail to give the guy *any* credit for what he is doing...which is being in the top 3 all year long in the WHL as a 17-yr-old.

I don't love the guy either...but I'll give him credit.

Nothing personal, but give your head a shake.

btw-I think it is reasonable to expect a 17-yr-old to grow a few inches after 17...happened to me...

I hate to burst your bubble man but there is such a big difference between Brule and Yellow Horn, you can't even compare the two. Not to mention that they are separated by what...150 spots in the CSB rankings.

Comparing stats of players in the WHL does nothing for the type of player they will be in the future.

Yes Yellow Horn is exciting, and yes he can score at the WHL level...will he go anywhere...NO. Do I enjoy what he is doing in Lethbridge sure....just don't think it will go anywhere else.

You ask 100 people who know the WHL and I can bet at least 99 would take Brule over Yellow Horn in an instant.

Unbiased Canadian

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
I think Brule is an elite talent that not to many have the ability of. What bugs me most about him is his consistancy. He seems to pick his times to dominate, needs to learn to control the play a little more I find though.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Unbiased Canadian said:
I hate to burst your bubble man but there is such a big difference between Brule and Yellow Horn, you can't even compare the two. Not to mention that they are separated by what...150 spots in the CSB rankings.

Comparing stats of players in the WHL does nothing for the type of player they will be in the future.

Yes Yellow Horn is exciting, and yes he can score at the WHL level...will he go anywhere...NO. Do I enjoy what he is doing in Lethbridge sure....just don't think it will go anywhere else.

You ask 100 people who know the WHL and I can bet at least 99 would take Brule over Yellow Horn in an instant.

Unbiased Canadian

I bet you that 100 out of 100 would take Brule over Yellow...and I would be one of those, having seen both of them live.

My point?
I simply cannot understand how you, as an "Unbiased" fan could say that it is impressive that Brule had 4 goals on one thread, and bash everything Brocket-Rocket after he also had 4 goals (and one assist) on the same night.

Yes... Brule looks better to me...*however*... you cannot discredit the fact that he (YH) has alot of skill -that allows him to do the same things (77pts) with less(speed, shot). And TRUST me...it isn't Fillewich bootstraping him up -as I have heard reported here.

Yes, he has weaknesses...but you cannot ignore the amount of skill he has- as you have chosen to do.

I realize, and understand the difference in rankings...but I guarentee you that someone will take a stab at him in the top 2-3 rounds if he can keep this up (were we not saying that months ago...)

Nielson81

Feb 28, 2002
Colt.45Orr said:
I bet you that 100 out of 100 would take Brule over Yellow...and I would be one of those, having seen both of them live.

My point?
I simply cannot understand how you, as an "Unbiased" fan could say that it is impressive that Brule had 4 goals on one thread, and bash everything Brocket-Rocket after he also had 4 goals (and one assist) on the same night.

Yes... Brule looks better to me...*however*... you cannot discredit the fact that he (YH) has alot of skill -that allows him to do the same things (77pts) with less(speed, shot). And TRUST me...it isn't Fillewich bootstraping him up -as I have heard reported here.

Yes, he has weaknesses...but you cannot ignore the amount of skill he has- as you have chosen to do.

I realize, and understand the difference in rankings...but I guarentee you that someone will take a stab at him in the top 2-3 rounds if he can keep this up (were we not saying that months ago...)

There is no way that Yellowhorn goes in the top 2-3 rounds of the NHL Entry Draft...just no way.

Sure he has a nose for the net....but he isn't fast....he doesn't go into the corners....and if you ask me..he floats...wrong things for a small small small guy.

Not once did I shoot him down in my post in that other thread. I said he was in the right place at the right time....and I'm sure anyone who saw the goals last night will say the same thing. In fact if you want to see the highlights go to www.b93.fm they are posted there. First goal was a weak one that got through Glass....2nd goal was a very very weak goal...along the ice through Glass's five hole. 3rd goal was a rebound he put upstairs from the edge of the crease....4th goal just picked up a rebound on the power play and shot it....Glass should have had it as well....right place at the right time last night.

Still a good WHL player...and that's it. If the Canes get hot he might win the scoring title....but he still won't go in the top 3 rounds.

Unbiased Canadian

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Unbiased Canadian said:
There is no way that Yellowhorn goes in the top 2-3 rounds of the NHL Entry Draft...just no way.

Sure he has a nose for the net....but he isn't fast....he doesn't go into the corners....and if you ask me..he floats...wrong things for a small small small guy.

Not once did I shoot him down in my post in that other thread. I said he was in the right place at the right time....and I'm sure anyone who saw the goals last night will say the same thing. In fact if you want to see the highlights go to www.b93.fm they are posted there. First goal was a weak one that got through Glass....2nd goal was a very very weak goal...along the ice through Glass's five hole. 3rd goal was a rebound he put upstairs from the edge of the crease....4th goal just picked up a rebound on the power play and shot it....Glass should have had it as well....right place at the right time last night.

Still a good WHL player...and that's it. If the Canes get hot he might win the scoring title....but he still won't go in the top 3 rounds.

Unbiased Canadian

I go to the games live...but yes you can watch highlights there or lethbridgehurricanes.com <Homegame highlights>.

It's funny...Bergeron got some criticism on the B's board for all the easy goals that he was scoring at the start of the year last year...but there is something to be said for being in the right place at the right time...it's the all important hockey sense that you just can't teach.

I'm sure all of Brule's goals were through-the-legs break-away beauties last night. :shakehead

My point is this... I don't love Yellowhorn...but I think he deserves alot more credit then he gets here. Being a 17-yr-old WHL scoring champ is something special... no matter how you cut it.

As for the draft next year...if one doesn't suscribe to the thought that Chris Bourque was drafted on bloodlines alone -then Yellow will be snagged earlier than you think.

Yes...there are lot's of areas for improvement in his game (including physical growth)...but he is only 17 and has hockey sense that you can't teach.

Colt.45Orr said:
I go to the games live...but yes you can watch highlights there or lethbridgehurricanes.com <Homegame highlights>.

It's funny...Bergeron got some criticism on the B's board for all the easy goals that he was scoring at the start of the year last year...but there is something to be said for being in the right place at the right time...it's the all important hockey sense that you just can't teach.

I'm sure all of Brule's goals were through-the-legs break-away beauties last night. :shakehead

My point is this... I don't love Yellowhorn...but I think he deserves alot more credit then he gets here. Being a 17-yr-old WHL scoring champ is something special... no matter how you cut it.

As for the draft next year...if one doesn't suscribe to the thought that Chris Bourque was drafted on bloodlines alone -then Yellow will be snagged earlier than you think.

Yes...there are lot's of areas for improvement in his game (including physical growth)...but he is only 17 and has hockey sense that you can't teach.

As all the Kyle Wellwood fans can tell you, being a scoring champion as a 17-year old doesn't guarantee you anything.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
Yellowhorn in the top 3 rounds? Hell no! Wellwood was drafted in the 5th round and he lead the OHL in scoring that year (Spezza's draft year lest we forget), and guess what, he's at least two inches taller than that schrimp yellowhorn! But damn is Yellowhorn ever good, I wouldn't be surprised if a team took him in the first 5 rounds.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Comparing players like Yellowhorn to the likes of Wellwood and Corey Locke is probably your best bet. Locke doesn't have great speed and it isn't physical at all, but has proven that he can at least translate a portion of his skill to the pro level. Wellwood has done the same.

Is it worth the risk in the 3-5th round to nab a player, that probably at worst, becomes a solid scoring AHLer, with the upside to become a scoring line fill in and roll player? I think a few teams will take a chance at that point in the draft.

In the end, a lot of scouts have looked dumb by ignoring production and simply focusing on size and speed. They're still the two most important attributes in evaluating prospects, but it doesn't mean teams don't start to look at pure production more when you get to the third round.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
Yellowhorn will be a project for any team that selects him in the draft. definitely a late round pick. Any success he's had won't count for anything if he can't reproduce it at the pro level.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Colt.45Orr said:

Well the first one was a snap shot from the top of the circles over Dubnyk's glove. The second was more of a slapper on the PP this time over the blocker side. And the 3rd was once again that slapper blown right through Dubnyk on a 2 on 1. :D:D

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Didn't Brule really tail off for quite awhile since the Top Prospoects game till that bust out last night? Is he consistent or streaky? I think he did not do much in that span of time while Crosby was just tearing it up in The Q over the same period..

By the way --FYI,ANZE KOPITAR had 3 goals and 1 assist for Sodertalje in a 9-1 pasting of Timra in the Super Elit J-20 league action ...he is 2nd in league scoring (he's 17,leading scorer is 20 I believe)...

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
hawksfan50 said:
Didn't Brule really tail off for quite awhile since the Top Prospoects game till that bust out last night? Is he consistent or streaky? I think he did not do much in that span of time while Crosby was just tearing it up in The Q over the same period..

By the way --FYI,ANZE KOPITAR had 3 goals and 1 assist for Sodertalje in a 9-1 pasting of Timra in the Super Elit J-20 league action ...he is 2nd in league scoring (he's 17,leading scorer is 20 I believe)...

Brule recently went 3 straight games without a point. But before that, he had points in something like 25 of 30 games...

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Unbiased Canadian said:
Not sure if anyone had pointed this out tonight but Gilbert Brule scored goals number 30,31,32 and 33 tonight.

In fact he scored 4 straight goals for the Giants.

Pretty impressive.

Unbiased Canadian
That puts him 18 goals and 55 points behind Crosby in 6 more games played. Where are those Brule fans that think he is better then Crosby.

Nielson81

Feb 28, 2002
Jason MacIsaac said:
That puts him 18 goals and 55 points behind Crosby in 6 more games played. Where are those Brule fans that think he is better then Crosby.

Anyone who says Brule is better then Crosby deserves a kick in the junk. I've never once said Brule is a better player...I say he is better in a couple of areas...but overall Crosby is obviously the better player.

Chaos Giraffe

Dec 1, 2004
Vancouver
Jason MacIsaac said:

But Brule IS BETTER THA.............

Oh shucks.

Dude, nobody thinks Brule is a better player than Crosby.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Jason MacIsaac said:
Plenty do. The threads in August and September prove it.

It was mainly Mizral and he was saying potentially that Brule could be a better NHLer than Crosby. I dont think anyone has that opinion anymore, but I myself will never hold off the possibility that Brule will be a better NHLer than Crosby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->