Post-Game Talk: Bruins win a shootout????? Another 2 points in bank

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
agreed. and that's why it's essential to get him rested up for the playoffs. He's on pace for over 68 games in regular season. He's never played more than 58. I say Clode just accepts the fact that we're going to be the 8th seed and start playing Sveddy A LOT more in the last month of the season. If Panthers show signs of making a run, play Rask a couple of games in a row, otherwise Sveddy and bust. I'd start this weekend with Sved going back to back. We've got a 6 point cushion so any points we get over the weekend are a bonus. Going all out to catch the Caps by over playing Rask is very short sighted.

One the recent pregame shows mentioned that Price, Rinne etc. have played a similar amount of games as Tuukka. It's not an ideal situation but if he feels good then let it be. I'd like us to pull away from the pack a little more before giving Svedberg serious minutes. We wanna have momentum going into the post-season too - so much to consider. I wish the PO's started next week.

FONZIE

AYYYYYY!!!!
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Moved to Wisconsin
He hasn't played great but has been better lately,

so I'm hoping the explanation is injury,
+ he has no confidende right now, every move takes just a bit too long to make and he misses the chance, but that's how it goes when you're snakebitten.

I saw him crumble from a very light hip check the other game. That isn't confidence problems or being snake-bit. I'm positive he has a lower body injury. He hasn't powered through anything the last two months.

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
One the recent pregame shows mentioned that Price, Rinne etc. have played a similar amount of games as Tuukka. It's not an ideal situation but if he feels good then let it be. I'd like us to pull away from the pack a little more before giving Svedberg serious minutes. We wanna have momentum going into the post-season too - so much to consider. I wish the PO's started next week.

i'm so glad i tivo all the games thereby allowing me to blow past pregame and between period jib jab. That is interesting, but irrelevant. He's not Price, he's not Rinne, he's Rask. And he has a body of work which we can analyze on its own.

I repeat: We have seen him have great regular seasons only to fizzle out in the playoffs. And we have seen him have an amazing playoff run off of a lockout shortened reg season. We have NOT seen him have a full load reg season combined with a long playoff run. (I define long playoff run as making it into the semi finals.) This year isn't even shaping up as a full load, it's shaping up as an overload.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
It already sounds like they're rushing Krejci back so any momentum created by this line will disappear because they feel Krejci HAS to be there. So if they bomb out in the playoffs, it will be "oh he was rusty". Fine, then don't play him. I could see if they started sucking THEN you put Krejci in (in the hopes that will change things, a la Seguin in 2011 vs TB) but nope, they will continue to piss into the wind, get it all over themselves and claim it's not their fault. Hopefully not, but they are just too predicable when it comes to this.

I haven`t seen or heard one report about anyone rushing DK back, feel free to post a source/link to anything that says otherwise please

Here`s the link I found on the B`s website, sure doesn`t appear Julien is pressing things

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/blogpost.htm?id=37865&navid=DL|BOS|home

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Mistakes happen. Can't believe all the nuts coming out wanting to trade him after that brain fart. BTW what was Hamilton trying to do on that play? Stay on your feet boy and finish your check on Stamkos. If he scores on the shot, at least you make him pay for it. Don't go down so early and over commit :help:

Agreed

Players with great instincts (of which Stamkos is one) do this all the time, look no further than Bergy, Marchand and heck, even Loui......yeah I said Loui:laugh: cause steals/turnovers virtually every game

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Just wanted to comment on Clode going with spoons and pasta for 3v3...

Think it happened because those 2 are probably most talented and fastest + Clode probably thought I rather go for it in OT vs another shootout loss.

I liked the decision.

yep, and I`d argue even 2-3 years ago, he wouldn`t have done it

He`s not perfect, but he`s far more willing to try something new/different these days than before

Johnmbs1962

Jun 25, 2014
i'm so glad i tivo all the games thereby allowing me to blow past pregame and between period jib jab. That is interesting, but irrelevant. He's not Price, he's not Rinne, he's Rask. And he has a body of work which we can analyze on its own.

I repeat: We have seen him have great regular seasons only to fizzle out in the playoffs. And we have seen him have an amazing playoff run off of a lockout shortened reg season. We have NOT seen him have a full load reg season combined with a long playoff run. (I define long playoff run as making it into the semi finals.) This year isn't even shaping up as a full load, it's shaping up as an overload.

That workload could also be the reason Price winds up injured or his play no longer carries the team by the time the wins matter most........shouldn't be something we're striving to make him do, hasn't worked out great for Montreal so far......

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I haven`t seen or heard one report about anyone rushing DK back, feel free to post a source/link to anything that says otherwise please

Here`s the link I found on the B`s website, sure doesn`t appear Julien is pressing things

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/blogpost.htm?id=37865&navid=DL|BOS|home

------------------------------------

David Krejci skated for the third time since partially tearing the MCL in his left knee. The initial timeline for his return was 4-6 weeks, and Thursday marked three weeks. “He’s still skating on his own,’’ said coach Claude Julien. “I haven’t been told that he’s ready to join the team yet, but I really don’t know whether he’s on the close side or not. I think the injury that he has is a hard one to tell because he’s not going to come back at 80 percent at this stage of the year. You want him to be as close to 100 percent as possible with that type of injury.â€

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/20...unJ/story.html

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
yep, and I`d argue even 2-3 years ago, he wouldn`t have done it

He`s not perfect, but he`s far more willing to try something new/different these days than before

I'm not sure he wouldn't have done it before.

Its 3 on 3, offense is the bigger priority in this situation. They already have a point they didn't deserve, don't want to go to shootout for obvious reasons and hasn't had 2 guys like Pasta & Spooner before.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I just read through the GDT from last night and noticed a Tampa poster (IdealisticSniper) posting on our board. That poster spews more hate towards the B's than most any other poster. I remember that name during the 2011 cup run...Nothing but hate towards the B's:shakehead

I know it wasn't a perfect game but the 2 points was sweet.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I just read through the GDT from last night and noticed a Tampa poster (IdealisticSniper) posting on our board. That poster spews more hate towards the B's than most any other poster. I remember that name during the 2011 cup run...Nothing but hate towards the B's:shakehead

I know it wasn't a perfect game but the 2 points was sweet.

You know better. Ignore please.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad