Post-Game Talk: Bruins win a shootout????? Another 2 points in bank

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Wow. Bruins win in SO. Not sure I believe it.

Nice goals by Bergy and Marchy in the shootout, and Rask played another strong game...and got some more help from the posts tonight.

Things are looking up for the Bruins lately.

InsidiousJubilantGordonsetter.gif

InfantileIndolentHoneybee.gif

LimpingTatteredKob.gif

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
His knee is still wrecked IMO...guy is a workout fiend and will be fine after some offseason rehab.

Him being hurt at the end of the season is annual. Every year this guy is hurt and his play is horrendous. They should shut him down and fix his ailments. He's not doing them any favors the way he's playing.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
That's a scary thought, isn't it.

It's a tall task, for sure. Hell, if things don't break right, we might need two. I'd bet Seidenberg bounces back at some point and could fill the #2 role next to a star...or I'm wrong about Hamilton and he grows by leaps and bounds into a wholly reliabe top pair offensive defenseman. The Bruins really need one of those, at least.

Sadly, this is likely true; whether he'd even waive his nmc, he's damaged goods at a high price tag.

They say, in real estate, "you make your money at the buy". Chia was insane to think this guy would still have been effective in his late 30s and early 40s. This downturn shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. You don't see many 40 year old NHLers, nevermind effective 40 year old NHLers. Really too bad.

I hear where you're coming from. His warts will become more evident. But I really don't sweat Chara as a #4 until he calls it a career, which might come before the contract ends. His reach will always be there, and he'll always be big. The guy next to him will be Important, be it Seids or Dougie, if I'd guess. They need to rebound and get better.

In the end, the Bruins should worry less about Chara and more about the guys around him. Some of those top guys aren't here.

Last edited:

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Spooner to me is biggest reason powerplay looking so dangerous now.

I mean it was trash tonight, but it's looked good other nights for sure.

We can't get the amount of chances we had tonight and go 0/4. That's a killer most nights. Usually we BEG for 4 chances.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Far as all the Chara chatter here.They should be resting him during powerplays.It could be extra 4 ,6 ,8 mins a nite to bring on defence.He does tons of small things good that help bigtime.If he was not there you would see how much he matters down stretch.Ask guys in that dressing room.

chicoutimicucumber

Aug 4, 2009
True, however it may go hand in hand with his inability to move the way he wants and he seems to be thinking and making decision at the same speed of his manouvering on the ice which is slow.
I was wondering if he had some other injury (e.g. wrist) that we weren't hearing about, in addition to the obvious <100% knee. Your theory makes a lot of sense.

Sigh. There's no way Claude's gonna sit him, or that he would agree to sit, with the schedule not getting any easier from this point out. I wish we could afford to do it though (and rest Tuukka too while we're at it... though that's even further outside the realm of possibility).

Last edited:

dtam83

Jun 8, 2011
Boston
Why are people hoping that Montreal loses tonight other than the obvious reason because they hate them?

in all likelihood, bruins are going to be 8th seed. if Montreal drops out of the top spot, we don't have to play them the first round. they are just a bad bad matchup for us

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I mean it was trash tonight, but it's looked good other nights for sure.

We can't get the amount of chances we had tonight and go 0/4. That's a killer most nights. Usually we BEG for 4 chances.

Yea one time Bergeron backhanded one n it just missed.I like puck movement now though at least.

roguepatriot

Jun 24, 2010
Why are people hoping that Montreal loses tonight other than the obvious reason because they hate them?

There is the obvious, then there is the bro with the Sens, then there is avoiding the Habs in the 1st round. The biggest reason is the hope both the Bruins & the Sens make the playoffs and then the sens knock off the habs. If the sens keep winning, this might just happen; if we get the bolts in the 1st round this team could flick a switch and go on a run:)

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Just in from the game.

That 3 on 3 in OT was kind of interesting.

Nice that the B's finally won a stupid shoot out.

Z had a rough game.

B's 2nd period was bad.

I had a feeling Brad would come up big .

Still loving the Looch- Kid Line!

Good night B's fans

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I think people are severely under rating what even the lessened Chara brings. He is not playing like a HOFer anymore. But he is stll playing like a good #1D. He makes some gaffs related to his footspeed and agility. Doughty makes Hamilton like gaffes. Weber has trouble getting it out of his zone. Subban gets caught out of position up ice. There are no perfect defensemen in the NHL now. We have been spoiled as a fan base with possibly the two best defensemen of all time and then Chara, who is certainly top 20. Chara is still very very good. He size, strength and reach and decision making are all still excellent assets.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I think people are severely under rating what even the lessened Chara brings. He is not playing like a HOFer anymore. But he is stll playing like a good #1D. He makes some gaffs related to his footspeed and agility. Doughty makes Hamilton like gaffes. Weber has trouble getting it out of his zone. Subban gets caught out of position up ice. There are no perfect defensemen in the NHL now. We have been spoiled as a fan base with possibly the two best defensemen of all time and then Chara, who is certainly top 20. Chara is still very very good. He size, strength and reach and decision making are all still excellent assets.

I agree .He is still a #1D.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014

Great post.

jdz

May 22, 2013
Bruins need to find at least one more top pair defenseman real soon. It isn't Hamilton.

Yeah because a tall 21 year old, smooth skating, 50 point defenseman is a completely open and closed case at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad