Post-Game Talk: Bruins win 2-1 in OT to even up the series!

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Just watched it again on NHLN. Handzus knocked Tuukka over for sure.

boston77

Jul 8, 2004
Toronto
Just finished reading my week-end paper The National Post. When I got to the sports section I found something interesting. Bruce Arthur wrote a story on Looch and in the story they inserted the schedule for the SCF. Chicago v Boston. What is interesting is that the paper was written on Friday and they show the series tied 1-1 before the game was played. I would consider that a good omen...I wish I had seen it earlier then I could report that it was in black and white the B's win game 2..I had a future paper.... hahahaha

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
I took a quick look and I think I have the puck circled. If that's it, it's clearly not yet over the line.

b5snbk.jpg

that looks like the heel of his skate IMO but the point stands.

Dynasty

Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
Wow, that's one of those games where the Bruins literally got better and better as the game went along. Granted, the first period was probably some of the worst hockey they've ever played, but I thought they dominated OT just as much as the Hawks dominated the first period.

My thoughts exactly, sir. Lucic and Segs were absolute beasts tonight. Easily Segs best playoff game this year. If he continues to play like this I really like our chances.

boston77

Jul 8, 2004
Toronto
Then how about this angle from the mainboards?

XvZlQAr.jpg

Also, Rask's skate heels look to be white.

Yes but look where the ref is. He can't see it from his angle and that is what matters...he called the play dead and you can't over rule it , it's a dead issue get over it.... the Leddy play would have given the B's a pp and that was a mistaken call no one touched it before it went over the glass...

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
just watched bits and pieces of it again on NHLN. couple things...

2 games in and Looch is living rent free in Shalmerson's head. he's hearing footsteps from a good 5 or 6 feet away.

I wish 63 had more confidence in his backhand shot. a couple of times he got the puck in the slot on the right side on his backhand with time, and by the time he switched to take a wrister there was a man on who ended up blocking the shot.

boston77

Jul 8, 2004
Toronto
just watched bits and pieces of it again on NHLN. couple things...

2 games in and Looch is living rent free in Shalmerson's head. he's hearing footsteps from a good 5 or 6 feet away.

I wish 63 had more confidence in his backhand shot. a couple of times he got the puck in the slot on the right side on his backhand with time, and by the time he switched to take a wrister there was a man on who ended up blocking the shot.

I mentioned that last night. He also rocked Oduya, Shaw and he knocked Toews down going to the bench. When he plays with speed and power there is no equal to him. Some people were comparing Bickell to Looch that is a joke, size alone does not equal talent..

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
I mentioned that last night. He also rocked Oduya, Shaw and he knocked Toews down going to the bench. When he plays with speed and power there is no equal to him. Some people were comparing Bickell to Looch that is a joke, size alone does not equal talent..

What are you talking about? Komisarek, anyone? hello???

:sarcasm:

BourqueFromORRk4277

formerly POPNDOUGH
Mar 25, 2010
Somerville MA
Yes but look where the ref is. He can't see it from his angle and that is what matters...he called the play dead and you can't over rule it , it's a dead issue get over it.... the Leddy play would have given the B's a pp and that was a mistaken call no one touched it before it went over the glass...

Um, I'm a Bruins fan showing proof that the puck was not 100% across the line anyways which both screenshots show. The puck wasn't in the net until Horton kicks it in well after the play is dead.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008

From that angle is certainly looks like I was seeing his pant legs. Anyway, I wasn't saying it's a goal just that it looked like the circled part seemed to be his skate. That's all

acr*

Who cares whether it crept over the line or not, it should've been waved off for interference anyway. Justice was served.

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
Hossa pushes Tuuka's pad after whistle had blown, then after that Horton kicked where the puck would be, nobody will ever know for sure if the puck went over or not.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Lucic is the BEST Power forward in the league when he plays like he did tonight. Unstoppable force.

Seguin played GREAT tonight as well!

Boychuk has been playing very good in the playoffs too. He is sure throwing his weight around.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Saw some of the replay too and WOW that non call on the Jagr hold really? Funny when Krueger got up he was looking for a call. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad