Post-Game Talk: Bruins win 2-1 in OT to even up the series!

boston77

Jul 8, 2004
Toronto
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know the official reason that the Chicago "goal" was called back?

On the broadcast, they seemed to suggest it was a "dead in the head" call, where the ref lost sight of the puck, and then on Comcast, Amonte said they couldn't definitively tell if the puck crossed the line, and then on NHL network they are saying that it didn't count because a Hawk's player was pushing Rask into the net with his stick...

So, which one was it? Not that it really matters at this point, but...

It was not called back. The on-ice call was no goal. The ref lost sight of the puck. The review needs to show conclusively the puck in the net before the ref blowing the play dead, could not get confirmation therefore no goal.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I for one haven't been to impressed with Crawford. He was hardly tested last night and didn't look like anything special. I think he can be exposed with enough shots on net.

Crawford hasn't overly impressed me either.Now I don't think he is going to pull a "Luongo" when he gets to Boston, but the Bruins can get to him.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
b5snbk.jpg

Please tell me that is clearly a goal.

And again, Hossa pushed Rask's pads.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I think it was Weekes who mentioned after the game last night that he felt the ref saw Hossa interfering with Rask's pads and decided to just blow the whistle and wave off the possibility of a goal since he felt it was unfairly gained if it went in. That's entirely possible.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
first goal shouldn't have counted anyway so at best it's a wash. Hawks were interfering with Rask like crazy in the first so if nothing else that waived off goal was a message to get things under control.

acr*

If Daugavins and Thornton are going to get 5 minutes a night, why are they even in the lineup? Really.

I like Thornton, I think he's a better hockey player than people give him credit for. He's not just a fighter, he can play a bit...but there's no fighting to be had this series, and if Clode doesn't trust him enough to staple him to the bench and play 3 lines every time there's an injury, why is he on the roster? And what has Daugavins done except blow scoring chances and make defensive lapses?

A Caron-Soderberg-Pevs 4th line wouldn't be that bad, and Caron would help the PK and Yeti the PP.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
If Daugavins and Thornton are going to get 5 minutes a night, why are they even in the lineup? Really.

I like Thornton, I think he's a better hockey player than people give him credit for. He's not just a fighter, he can play a bit...but there's no fighting to be had this series, and if Clode doesn't trust him enough to staple him to the bench and play 3 lines every time there's an injury, why is he on the roster? And what has Daugavins done except blow scoring chances and make defensive lapses?

A Caron-Soderberg-Pevs 4th line wouldn't be that bad, and Caron would help the PK and Yeti the PP.

Bingo!

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
I don't mind Thornton in the lineup. He's a banger and he can wear down the Chicago Dmen. Every panel repeatedly mentions the physicality of the Bruins and the toll it takes on the Hawks as the games wear on. Plus, the more they get hit, the more it makes them second guess and make bad plays with the puck. Thornton contributes to that physicality.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
So I got my wish. Knew the outcome of the game (had it spoiled for me picking up a pizza on the ride home!)...but it was a win so I can't be upset about it. I still watched it when I got home too. Rask looked comfortable as ever in net, and Lucic has that same look to his game as he did in the 2011 Vancouver series. Chicago defenders just look timid and afraid to play the puck when he's even remotely close.

Wild to think that Boston could easily be up 2-0, but they could just as easily be down 0-2. Hopefully the 3rd line keeps the momentum rolling into Boston cuz they were flying last night.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
bet the food courts in the Malls around Vancouver and Montreal are full of pockets of teenage Canucks and Habs fans pissed off at the no goal last night and discussing conspiracy theory and hate for Boston:laugh:

acr*

Daniel Paille is 3-3–6 in 18 games this playoffs; 4-5–9 in 46 previous career playoff games.
If you told me that Dan Paille would have more goals than Jagr and Seguin combined this playoff run, I'd think you were crazy. (and I always liked Paille)

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

there is no way in hell you can take out Thornton for Caron or Soderberg. If I was in that lineup I'd be pissed as hell- there is more to it than who looks good in drills. Thornton has been there, has experience, and rarely screws up, and actually has some skills. Caron probably wont even be here next year, and Soderberg has shown nothing or has zero experience. Thornton is a sports warrior and I want him atleast sitting next to me, or next to the Chicago bench door telling David Bolland he's a jackwagon pos.

I'll give you anyone over Daugevains but not Sugar.....as much as I like Yeti even I don't trust him on the highway yet.....next year different story but I'd be scared ****less to see him out there at this point- then again Dog Man has me near that.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
If you told me that Dan Paille would have more goals than Jagr and Seguin combined this playoff run, I'd think you were crazy. (and I always liked Paille)

How about this one

Someone tells you before game 1 of Toronto that on June 15th the Bruins would still be playing hockey and actually win that night- BUT Torey Krug who is not even on the roster and is playing in Providence would have more goals than Seguin, Jagr, Kelly, and Peverley as of June 15th, and all 4 would be healthy all that time.

now that is freaking bizarre x infinity

boston77

Jul 8, 2004
Toronto
there is no way in hell you can take out Thornton for Caron or Soderberg. If I was in that lineup I'd be pissed as hell- there is more to it than who looks good in drills. Thornton has been there, has experience, and rarely screws up, and actually has some skills. Caron probably wont even be here next year, and Soderberg has shown nothing or has zero experience. Thornton is a sports warrior and I want him atleast sitting next to me, or next to the Chicago bench door telling David Bolland he's a jackwagon pos.

I'll give you anyone over Daugevains but not Sugar.....as much as I like Yeti even I don't trust him on the highway yet.....next year different story but I'd be scared ****less to see him out there at this point- then again Dog Man has me near that.

Agreed without Thornton Bollig, Bolland, Shaw and Bickle will have a field day....

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston

Because Thornton is a leader off the ice and in the locker room, will stick up for a guy, Caron is soft as puppy poo and we already have 8 penalty killers, if you understood hockey you would understand the importance of Thornton.

4 scoreing lines = a very bad hockey team.

Claude plays three lines becuase it is not worth double shifting Paille and getting him tired for his 3rd line shift then you got two lines with 2 players each.

You do not get it at all

boston77

Jul 8, 2004
Toronto
Another interesting stat...

Boston hits on the road and at home equally 349 road, 331 at home but Chicago has a wide discrepancy their stats are 427 hits at hime and only 126 on the road so they play a more finesse game on the road, another reason for the B's to step up their hitting tomorrow.

Other interesting stats... B's 5-0 when taking a 3 goal lead. We have played 3 more games than Pitt and they still have 6 more minutes of pp time... also 5 on 3 opportunities Chicago 3 B's 0

vjcsmoke

Jun 29, 2011
caron-soderberg-peverly? Are you kidding me? peverly has been craptacular. caron and soderberg are both wet behind the ears. That line would get eaten ALIVE in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad