Pre-Game Talk: Bruins vs Ottawa 7pm NESN game 81

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
He went into the boards very awarkedly in the Wings game. Returned to the bench but did not play again.

He was doubtful for that Wings game too. Had some extra padding on his skate. Guess he aggravated that injury.

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
Big game. If Boston wins, Ottawa would need 3 points in their last two games to reclaim an Atlantic Division playoff spot.

Technically the Sens only need one point to clinch a spot in the Conference.

No EK tonight either BTW.....

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
Vatrano practiced with the 2nd PP unit this morning. I suspect he'll replace Marchand tonight.

Last edited:

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I'm fine with putting Vatrano in Marchand's spot. But was hoping we would bump up Moore and let JFK get some action on the 4th line. Probably want a few more practices under his belt. But I was hopeful!!

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Out of all the current playoff teams, only Ottawa is a minus in goal differentials.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
aren't the sens without methot ceci karlsson on D
ryan and Smith at forward??

Only thing that should stop us from a win is Anderson making 50saves again.

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
I'm fine with putting Vatrano in Marchand's spot. But was hoping we would bump up Moore and let JFK get some action on the 4th line. Probably want a few more practices under his belt. But I was hopeful!!

JFK is still having immigration issues. He's not on the official roster yet.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
3 of their top starting D-men out, Smith out, Turris apparantly also not 100%, Bobby Ryan maybe out, am I the only one here who WILL NOT accept a loss as being remotely acceptable"?

Getting in the playoffs is great, work still to do in order to possibly get themselves a favorable first round match-up, I want to see this team start on time and play with a purpose

8thRoundPick

Sep 19, 2007
Sudbury
Maybe it was mentioned before, but if the Bruins win tonight, does that clinch 3rd in the division, or does it require Toronto to lose as well to clinch 3rd?

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Not sure that he'll play tonight, but...

With Marchand out (and if everything is resolved with his visa), I'd say it's likely. He's been practicing with the team for a good chunk of time now.

I'd go:

Spooner-Bergeron-Backes
Stafford-Krejci-Pastrnak
Beleskey-JFK-Kuraly
Nash-Moore-Acciari

This is a very winnable game. We're hot, and Ottawa is missing their top 3 defensemen. Win this and we likely have a Atlantic spot. Leafs face TBL, CBJ, and PIT. Very tough schedule for them. Sens have NYR and NYI, plus I'd almost guarantee Holtby will sit on Saturday, which improves our chances of winning by infinity (anything is more than 0! :laugh:).

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
With Marchand out (and if everything is resolved with his visa), I'd say it's likely. He's been practicing with the team for a good chunk of time now.

I'd go:

Spooner-Bergeron-Backes
Stafford-Krejci-Pastrnak
Beleskey-JFK-Kuraly
Nash-Moore-Acciari

I'd bet they keep Moore playing on the first line like he did after Marchy got kicked out last game.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Thank god, I just came here to mention they haven't called anyone up, and that Hayes must be back in.

Speaking of Hayes, I`m 54 games in to my season on NHL17, been trying to move this guy for a few months now and not one GM would take him til now, snagged a 4th round pick finally for him from the Yotes:yo:

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com

I'd go:

Spooner-Bergeron-Backes
Stafford-Krejci-Pastrnak
Beleskey-JFK-Kuraly
Nash-Moore-Acciari

After last game, I'd prefer Moore with Bergeron and JFK on the 4th line getting some controlled minutes. But otherwise, I'd love to see him tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad