Pre-Game Talk: Bruins vs Ottawa 7pm NESN game 81

Status
Not open for further replies.

BsEuphoria

The Future
Sep 21, 2013
Winning tonight and I think they have to win the last 2 to pass us again if we lose the last one to Caps! Make it happen boys, keep the streak alive!

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Big game. If Boston wins, Ottawa would need 3 points in their last two games to reclaim an Atlantic Division playoff spot.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Let's Go Bruins!! Keep the streak alive and pad your position in the standings! :handclap::handclap::handclap:

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if we win in regulation tonight and win Saturday; Ottawa can't pass us no matter what they do in their last 2 games?

And Toronto would need to win out to pass us too?

All starts with a big win tonight!!

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I need someone to explain the scenarios to me, please and thank you. My mind is mush these days.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if we win in regulation tonight and win Saturday; Ottawa can't pass us no matter what they do in their last 2 games?

And Toronto would need to win out to pass us too?

All starts with a big win tonight!!

Correct, if Boston wins out they're guaranteed either the #2 or #3 in the Atlantic. Toronto would need to win out to pass Boston for #2, as Boston will hold the tiebreaker over both Ottawa and Toronto (ROWs).

Jorah Marshmont

Long may he reign
May 10, 2012
I think if the cards fall exactly right, Ottawa's last game with NYI could decide if either they or the Islanders make the playoffs.

If Ottawa loses to the B's and Rangers in Reg, they'll have 94 points, 37 ROW
If NYI beat Carolina and NJD in Reg/OT, they'll have 92 points, 38 ROW

All the Isles would need to do is beat OTT in regulation.

It's nice to dream, but it has to start with a B's win tonight. Pay them back!

Patrice37

Jul 19, 2006
Does anyone know when the playoffs actually start? I'm assuming Wednesday 4/12 or Thursday 4/13 and I'm hoping to god it's Thursday for the B's as I have a work event Wednesday night that I can't miss.

Just checked and the Celtics play at home on Wednesday 4/12 so in the event the Bruins get home ice, I would guess it would be Thursday.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Does anyone know when the playoffs actually start? I'm assuming Wednesday 4/12 or Thursday 4/13 and I'm hoping to god it's Thursday for the B's as I have a work event Wednesday night that I can't miss.

Just checked and the Celtics play at home on Wednesday 4/12 so in the event the Bruins get home ice, I would guess it would be Thursday.

4/12 is the official date from what I understand. Which day for the Bruins I don't know.

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
I wanna see us light these guys up, they've had our numbers all season and last season as well.

5-1 bruins, pasta with a big game.

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
Sounds like there is a chance that Karlsson doesn't play tonight - according to Dean Brown from TSN

Read on the TSN site that he did not skate this morning. Think he did the same in their last game with Detroit and ended up playing. He went into the boards awarkedly and hurt his ankle in that game. He was on the bench after being checked over but did not play again that night. I expect him to be in but obviously less that 100%. They definetly are a far different team with out him.

UPDATE: he will not play as per this ice chip quote from TSN. A bit of an even up situation should Marchand also be out.

Defenceman Erik Karlsson will miss the Senators crucial matchup with the Boston Bruins Thursday night with a lower-body injury, head coach Guy Boucher confirmed after the morning skate on Thursday. Jyrki Jokipakka will replace the All-Star Swede in the lineup. - TSN

Last edited:

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I'm am nervous .

Please win tonight.

I really like Karlsson but not having him in the lineup is better for the B's.

HERE WE GO BRUINS..HERE WE GO:handclap::handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad