Bruins vs Kings: Looch and Rinaldo Drop the Gloves

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014
Of course I'd be rooting for Rinaldo...but Looch would kill him. Totally different weight class.

Rinaldo is not an enforcer. He's an energy guy. He's an agitating heat seeking missile with a screw loose that'll take on and pummel anyone within 20lbs of him. That's good enough for me.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Forgot where I saw it, but Lucic himself said if there was one player in Boston he wouldn't want to fight it was big Z. That man is half beast... I think Lucic would get the better of McQuaid (Lucic right hook > McQuaid iron jaw) but I don't think there are many players in the game who could seriously contend with Chara. Maybe John Scott.

Pretty much anyone who has balance could contend with Chara. The guy is like a new born deer on ice when he fights.

Overrated as hell.

NightmanCometh

Feb 11, 2014
Minnesota
Pretty much anyone who has balance could contend with Chara. The guy is like a new born deer on ice when he fights.

Overrated as hell.

In his early career when he bounced back an forth between the NHL and AHL one of his main selling points was his fighting ability. He was considered a monster and at first it was actually one of his major selling points, before everybody knew how good of a player he ended up being.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
In his early career when he bounced back an forth between the NHL and AHL one of his main selling points was his fighting ability. He was considered a monster and at first it was actually one of his major selling points, before everybody knew how good of a player he ended up being.

I don't disagree with this, but right now he's terribly, terribly overrated. Hell, he's been overrated for the past 3-4 years.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
As opposed to the guy in your avatar....:laugh: figures.

So are we talking about Lucic? I wasn't, I was talking about Chara. Am I wrong when I say he's terribly overrated? Fill me in, here.

Can Chara be dangerous? Absolutely, but in order to be dangerous you should be able to stay on your feet for 10 seconds.

Patrice Krejci*

Pastafarian
Aug 12, 2014
Washington DC
So are we talking about Lucic? I wasn't, I was talking about Chara. Am I wrong when I say he's terribly overrated? Fill me in, here.

Can Chara be dangerous? Absolutely, but in order to be dangerous you should be able to stay on your feet for 10 seconds.

Yeah if anything at this point he's underrated, he is no longer a top 3 Norris candidate but he is still one of the most effective D-men when healthy. Take any top 10 defensemen in the league and give them Chara's injuries last year and I bet they don't even play. The year before he was in Norris conversation so I don't get the point where he became useless. He was playing two useless legs last year.

He wrecks people in fights more often then not, he goes down easy when people pull him down verse going toe to toe.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Yeah if anything at this point he's underrated, he is no longer a top 3 Norris candidate but he is still one of the most effective D-men when healthy. Take any top 10 defensemen in the league and give them Chara's injuries last year and I bet they don't even play. The year before he was in Norris conversation so I don't get the point where he became useless. He was playing two useless legs last year.

He wrecks people in fights more often then not, he goes down easy when people pull him down verse going toe to toe.

You're about 50 yards from the point, man. I'm not talking about his hockey playing ability, we're talking about his fighting ability.

Who was the last guy he's wrecked that has any sort of fighting credentials?

iiBruins17*

Forgot where I saw it, but Lucic himself said if there was one player in Boston he wouldn't want to fight it was big Z. That man is half beast... I think Lucic would get the better of McQuaid (Lucic right hook > McQuaid iron jaw) but I don't think there are many players in the game who could seriously contend with Chara. Maybe John Scott.

Chara's a terrible fighter lol

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Lucic is one of the best in the league RIGHT NOW. There are still some guys who will give him trouble (Gazdic, Peluso, Reaves) hell, even Prout. He's given Lucic trouble in their first fight, one punched him and then lost in the 3rd.

Lets face it, now that McGrattan is in the AHL and likely won't play in the show again, there's no definitive champ.

Seriously though, McGrattan was ****ing awesome, and terrifying.

ytownhockey10

tornado of souls
Mar 8, 2010
in the salt
Lucic is one of the best in the league RIGHT NOW. There are still some guys who will give him trouble (Gazdic, Peluso, Reaves) hell, even Prout. He's given Lucic trouble in their first fight, one punched him and then lost in the 3rd.

Lets face it, now that McGrattan is in the AHL and likely won't play in the show again, there's no definitive champ.

Seriously though, McGrattan was ****ing awesome, and terrifying.

never should have let him leave the system.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Agreed, I've always been a huge Gratts fan. Guy's an absolute animal, and his last few years improved his on ice play quite a bit to be a serviceable 4th liner.

ORRMAN

Dec 3, 2008
I cannot help but root for Looch. I never warmed up to Linseman and Nilan as Bruins; Rinaldo same thing.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada

There was no 3rd fight because there was no 2nd fight --your "2nd fight" was a sucker punch. Allbeit, one that Lucic could have seen coming and would have if it wasn't the end of OT where you get suspended for fighting.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
There was no 3rd fight because there was no 2nd fight --your "2nd fight" was a sucker punch. Allbeit, one that Lucic could have seen coming and would have if it wasn't the end of OT where you get suspended for fighting.

Great nitpicking. You know exactly what I meant. Regardless, he got one punched whether you want to label it a "sucker punch" or a "non fight"

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
Don't think we'll ever see Rinaldo drop the gloves with Lucic.

Rinaldo does fine against tough forwards like Iginla or Horton; guys who will drop, but are not really enforcers.

Lucic would smash him. Thornton did smash him. Prout would smash him.

He's an agitator, that's willing to drop, but who gets beat up by the actual tough guys in the league. Like Gregory Campbell, Soupy would go, get beat up. Though Soupy wasn't an agitator.

But it's hard not to say, that with the addition of Beleskey, Hayes, and Rinaldo, that the Bruins aren't getting back to the "hard to play against" mantra.

You're right but even if he doesn't win, if you look at his fight card, his list of opponents is pretty impressive including many fights against Brandon Prust. I applaud his courage at least.

FROMSHORETOCHARA

Jul 2, 2009
I like Ronaldo but Lucic hurts him 5 out of 10 times. Wins 3 out of 10 more. Maybe draws or out pointed 2 out of 10. Kings are smarter than bruins who never replaced Thornton after he got hurt by Scott and them went to fla. meaning looch had to fight all comers. My guess zac needs to fight a Clifford type long before he gets kings first line lw off ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad