Bruins vs Kings: Looch and Rinaldo Drop the Gloves

Wilhelm Scream

Jan 2, 2008
Cambridge, MA
Lucic would kill anybody on the current Bruins roster in a fight so I hope it doesn't happen. Chara is too old and his hands are broken and while McQuaid would be willing, I think he'd get rocked.

Why do people think Rinaldo is an enforcer? He's basically Matt Cooke with less hockey ability.

BigChara33*

McQuaid would step in and McQuaid would probably win.

InterimGM

May 6, 2015
I'd hope Lucic pummels him off the roster, because I always want what's best for the Bruins.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Lucic would kill anybody on the current Bruins roster in a fight so I hope it doesn't happen. Chara is too old and his hands are broken and while McQuaid would be willing, I think he'd get rocked.

Why do people think Rinaldo is an enforcer? He's basically Matt Cooke with less hockey ability.

Rinaldo's a decent fighter. Held his own against Horton and rocked Iginla pretty good.

Nearly every fight he goes in to, he's giving up size, reach, and weight. The kid is 5'11 and probably 180 soaking wet.

http://dropyourgloves.com/Fights/FightCard.aspx?Player=22476

And no, he's not an enforcer. He's a pest who's a very willing fighter. He's not enforcing anything out there other than instigating a brawl with his hard and sometimes over the line hits. He's one of the better open ice hitters in the league.

Patrice37

Jul 19, 2006
McQuaid is not the same fighter he was 2 years ago in my opinion, I love him but he's just not. He seems a little more timid these days whereas he used to just throw em with reckless abandonment and usually the outcome was in his favor.

njbruin*

Nov 17, 2007
Lucic would beat the hell out of him.

Just like when he was with the Bruins , it would be a huge mistake for Looch to take himself off the ice for 5 minutes with Rinaldo. Not saying the emotions of playing for the new team might not tempt him , but the smart hockey play would be to abstain.

TSBruins13

Mar 24, 2011
Boston, MA
I think it would be alot closer than you all think, and I am a big Lucic fan. Rinaldo throws punches wildy and Lucic has shown in the past he doesn't enjoy being hit and fights a bit more calculated.

Wilhelm Scream

Jan 2, 2008
Cambridge, MA
Rinaldo's a decent fighter. Held his own against Horton and rocked Iginla pretty good.

Nearly every fight he goes in to, he's giving up size, reach, and weight. The kid is 5'11 and probably 180 soaking wet.

http://dropyourgloves.com/Fights/FightCard.aspx?Player=22476

And no, he's not an enforcer. He's a pest who's a very willing fighter. He's not enforcing anything out there other than instigating a brawl with his hard and sometimes over the line hits. He's one of the better open ice hitters in the league.

Oh, I'm well aware of this, but I think a majority of people here believe he is an enforcer.

BostonPC

Bleed Black & Gold
Dec 3, 2005
Woburn, MA
I don't play the.... "a player was here before and left and I am going to continue to prefer them over my team" game. Now say that 10 times real fast.

I am a Bruin fan. I might still like some of the players who left... especially those who won a SC but it ends there.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
Looch would probably take this one.

Rinaldo throws wild punches, but that doesn't always work against guys who have both size and weight over you.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
All 3 of the players mentioned in this thread are very tough for their size but Rinaldo is around 185, McQuaid is 210 and Lucic fluctuates around 230. There are different weight-classes in every fighting sport for a reason.

McQuaid is rare in that he has never had a bad loss yet on his NHL resume (every fighter gets rocked at some point) but Lucic is the toughest of the 3 based on sheer size and strength.

Rinaldo is one tough mid-sized-hombre, but couldn't hang with Lucic. Period. McQuaid only could if he was able to hold him at arms length until the linesman came in. Rinaldo got speed-bagged by a way-past-his-fighting-prime Thornton. The fact that Rinaldo can beat the **** out of Weise is good enough for me.

ytownhockey10

tornado of souls
Mar 8, 2010
in the salt
although im still a little frosty on zac, gotta root for the jersey.

but seriously? looch would pound the **** out of rinaldo.

posted a clip to DYG from the philly series a few years back of rinaldo getting in looch's face. quick left jab nearly floors him.

wouldnt be close.

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
If lucic looks for a fight it'd be macquaid or miller answering the bell. Although I do think a lucic chara bout would be fun.

I always wanted to see a younger thornton vs lucic. I'd put my money on thorty because I like him better haha.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad