Boston Bruins Bruins Unveil New Fan Foyer 'Puck Wall' Program in Honor of Centennial

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Exactly. This should be a place that the Bruins thank the long term season ticket holders and fans - not shake them out of $1000 each for a dumb puck. When I initially got the email I thought it was going to be a STH benefit then I read the email and it was an opportunity to buy one if you renewed early...then came the $1000 price tag and I just laughed. Typical Jacobs.
Believe it or not season ticket holders get more today than when I had mine in the late 80's and 90's. We received a bill in June, a bill in March for playoff tickets and a facsimile Christmas card, not even a card just a 4 by 6 piece of slightly thicker than paper stock with facsimile autographs on it.

Anybody that thought this 100th anniversary celebration would be anything but a pure money grab from JJ must still believe in the Easter bunny, Santa and honest politicians. That said 1000.00 bucks for a puck and I'm sure nose bleed seats to a game is an auspicious start, even for JJ.

OldScool

Nov 27, 2007
Believe it or not season ticket holders get more today than when I had mine in the late 80's and 90's. We received a bill in June, a bill in March for playoff tickets and a facsimile Christmas card, not even a card just a 4 by 6 piece of slightly thicker than paper stock with facsimile autographs on it.

Anybody that thought this 100th anniversary celebration would be anything but a pure money grab from JJ must still believe in the Easter bunny, Santa and honest politicians. That said 1000.00 bucks for a puck and I'm sure nose bleed seats to a game is an auspicious start, even for JJ.
You aint wrong. Bruins even cancelled the STH player event last minute and never made it up this year. I would be willing to bet the Bruins do less for their most loyal customers (STH) than any team in the league. I gotta admit the $1,000 price tag was laughable. A $100 and I would have said well at least that covers the puck and printing and makes some sense but $1,000 is just ridiculous. Reminds me of the Bruins Golf outing where you can play golf for $4,500.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I bought a brick when I graduated high school. Everyone did it.

And then my high school got screwed over and shut down. So now my brick is just...there while my poor school is an all purpose play area? Community center? Probably will be condo's. Very disappointing.

Anyways. I'll buy a puck, when they give us new ice.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
This has been hilarious.

On a serious note? I will chip in whatever it takes if we can get something we can agree on to have this board represented on the wall. I think we should be on that wall.

Indeed. Something like this, perhaps? Or maybe not.... :sarcasm:

1685504296866.png

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I really fear they are going to botch the Centennial

I have told them the best source for the first 50 years was a book written by George Sullivan in 1974 for the 50th and they tell me they have no knowledge of the book.

Reactions: dafoomie

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
I really fear they are going to botch the Centennial

I have told them the best source for the first 50 years was a book written by George Sullivan in 1974 for the 50th and they tell me they have no knowledge of the book.
I'll be damned if I can find your book anywhere, or even mention of it.

Is that Red Sullivan?

Anyway, everyone knows you can condense Bruins history into 3 hours.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I'll be damned if I can find your book anywhere, or even mention of it.

Is that Red Sullivan?

Anyway, everyone knows you can condense Bruins history into 3 hours.

The picture history of the Boston Bruins: From Shore to Orr and the years between

Been out of print for years, first hockey book my parents bought me. This is the history I was thinking of, Sinden gets credit for writing it. George Sullivan is a sports author, not sure if he ghost wrote with Sinden.

Reactions: BlackFrancis

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

The picture history of the Boston Bruins: From Shore to Orr and the years between

Been out of print for years, first hockey book my parents bought me. This is the history I was thinking of, Sinden gets credit for writing it. George Sullivan is a sports author, not sure if he ghost wrote with Sinden.

That's the one - Sullivan produced it but Harry got credit for it. George had done similar books on the Celtics and Red Sox.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I bought a brick when I graduated high school. Everyone did it.

And then my high school got screwed over and shut down. So now my brick is just...there while my poor school is an all purpose play area? Community center? Probably will be condo's. Very disappointing.

Anyways. I'll buy a puck, when they give us new ice.
One of the few criminal acts I am proud of was trespassing onto the half torn down Garden and grabbing some bricks and concrete. It was a holiday weekend and there was not much security around. As my co-conspirator and I were walking away with our Ill gotten gains a guy in an old station wagon pulled up, ran through the hole in the fence and dragged what had to be a 60-75 pound piece of concrete and bricks into the back of the station wagon and sped off. I no longer felt like Al Capone.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
One of the few criminal acts I am proud of was trespassing onto the half torn down Garden and grabbing some bricks and concrete. It was a holiday weekend and there was not much security around. As my co-conspirator and I were walking away with our Ill gotten gains a guy in an old station wagon pulled up, ran through the hole in the fence and dragged what had to be a 60-75 pound piece of concrete and bricks into the back of the station wagon and sped off. I no longer felt like Al Capone.

Incredible!

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4