Tarasenko

To STL
Krug
Vaakanien
Frederic
Heinen
JFK
1st rd pick

Switch out Vaak for Zboril and Frederic for Senyshyn I am in.Honestly its alot of prospects going .I be shocked Sweeney does a move close with that being a 10 type move and I see Sweeney on 3 scale .

Reactions: Mainehockey33

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Is JP significant? I mean if 2015 is a lifetime ago, 2016 has to be considered pretty close too that as well.

Significant enough that your not getting him for Zboril and a pick.

Jesse P. regardless has 128 games of NHL experience, and more importantly, has some level of production at the NHL level. He's basically been a 20 pt. a year player. Which is a disappointment for a guy pick where he was, but would still be more points than half the Bruins forward group. And yup he has issues with effort and consistency.

That's not me advocating to acquire him, that's stating that there is a big difference in trade value when your comparing two age comparable players where one has some NHL production behind him, and the other can't even get into a game without 6 guys ahead of him being injured.

People poo-poo'd this type of thinking last summer when Senyshyn for Virtanen trade proposals were all the rage around here. Good luck trying to sell that idea now.

See that Klimchuk for Gagne deal the Leafs/Sens made the other day. That's much closer to what I would expect to get back for a Zboril or even a Senyshyn at this point.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Well to be fail, the suggestion to trade him was for a guy who has been useless as a bag of rocks so far in his NHL career, and the only reason he has value is he was a first round pick 3 years ago. Honestly one could argue were it not for his pedigree as a 17 year old JP would be lucky to bring the 3rd round pick in return in a deal

What would Zboril get you today straight up if the desired return was a draft pick?

A 6th probably, maybe a 5th.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
With rumors that the Ducks are pretty much willing to sell anyone, I wonder if we could get a package together to try and get Rackell. 25 year old with two 30 goal seasons, signed to a very nice cap hit for good term, but I don't think any of our expendable assets (LHD prospects) are overwhelmingly attractive to the Ducks.

I'd think 1st+Bjork+Zboril is ok value.

To their fans he seems to be one of the highest valued players to them.

That's 2 mjehh young players+ late 1st.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Debrusk and Krug for Tarasenko? A steep price, but it might be worth it.

This article says B's should make a run at Tarasenko:
https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/bruins/bruins-should-be-bold-make-run-blues-tarasenko

Does Sweeney have the balls to pull the trigger?

Isn't Tarensenko broken? Obviously any move the Bruins make is designed at winning now , and some also potentially long term changes. So does it make sense to pay full price for a long term guy, who is broken now?

Meaning there were some comments in the last week that the reason his numbers have been down has been a bad shoulder which is hindering his shot

Reactions: Strafer

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
To their fans he seems to be one of the highest valued players to them.

That's 2 mjehh young players+ late 1st.

And he should be.

With their core forwards all getting up there in age and declining in production, he's their best (by far) forward age 25 or younger. And signed to a great contract for 3 more years.

A 1st + an injured Bjork and a never-was Zboril is laughable.

Reactions: BB88

Tazz

Oct 4, 2017
How about a complete blockbuster
To Bos
Schenn
Tarasenko

To STL
Krug
Vaakanien
Frederic
Heinen
JFK
1st rd pick

If Vaak was replaced by ZBORIL and JFK by CEHLARIK, I would do it in a heartbeat. I don't see the Blues doing it though and I'm by no means a capologist but I suspect even if the Blues would consider it, another significant salary besides KRUG's would have to be moved.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
And he should be.

With their core forwards all getting up there in age and declining in production, he's their best (by far) forward age 25 or younger. And signed to a great contract for 3 more years.

A 1st + an injured Bjork and a never-was Zboril is laughable.

If your goal is to get younger and faster trading Rakell shouldn't be your 1st thought, and for a massive loss.

25y,
3.5y at u4M,
69 points in 77 games last season. You just simply keep him.

Reactions: don and BruinDust

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

Jesse P. regardless has 128 games of NHL experience, and more importantly, has some level of production at the NHL level. He's basically been a 20 pt. a year player. Which is a disappointment for a guy pick where he was, but would still be more points than half the Bruins forward group. And yup he has issues with effort and consistency.

That's not me advocating to acquire him, that's stating that there is a big difference in trade value when your comparing two age comparable players where one has some NHL production behind him, and the other can't even get into a game without 6 guys ahead of him being injured.

People poo-poo'd this type of thinking last summer when Senyshyn for Virtanen trade proposals were all the rage around here. Good luck trying to sell that idea now.

See that Klimchuk for Gagne deal the Leafs/Sens made the other day. That's much closer to what I would expect to get back for a Zboril or even a Senyshyn at this point.

I’m curious. If the B’s weren’t trying to develop Senyshyn the “right way” and had just thrown him into the NHL, the way the Oilers did with JP, how many points would he have?

I put very little stock in the fact that he has played 128 NHL games for a bad organization.

Means jack shit to me.

Reactions: Absurdity

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
How about a complete blockbuster
To Bos
Schenn
Tarasenko

To STL
Krug
Vaakanien
Frederic
Heinen
JFK
1st rd pick

Krug is basically worth what Schenn is. A 27-year old Top 4 offensive D-man with a year left on his deal for a 27-year old 2nd line two-way center with a year left on his deal.

So your giving up IMO Vaak, Frederic, Heinen, JFK, and a 1st for Tarasenko. 2 young NHL forwards, 2 prospects both recent 1st rounders who have developed well, and another 1st.

Too rich for my blood. At minimum one of Vaak or Frederic would have to come out of the deal to even consider it.

Reactions: Strafer and Skelen

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I’m curious. If the B’s weren’t trying to develop Senyshyn the “right way” and had just thrown him into the NHL, the way the Oilers did with JP, how many points would he have?

I put very little stock in the fact that he has played 128 NHL games for a bad organization.

Means jack **** to me.

I put more stock in his production than I do his games played.

I'd put money on Senyshyn not being able to put up 0.25 PPG at the NHL level if put in the same situation.

Because honestly if he could, he should already be up here. He'd be outscoring a lot of the guys already here, including some of the young guys.

Jesse P has also outproduced Senyshyn at the AHL level by a pretty decent margin if looking at PPG.

Last edited:

goalieman40

Feb 27, 2006
New Hampshire
while Tarasenko might be a long shot or fantasy, I would hope Sweeney is/has at least asked about it. Maybe even a few times along this long, drawn-out discussion between them. I would think that’s common for GMs to ask about anyone and everyone.

I think if they wanted to the Bruins certainly could make a big move for a high impact player and not completely gut themselves. I want to see that happen, because i don’t think it ever really does with them, but I don’t see it happening either.

Reactions: Strafer and Camjams

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

I wouldn't give much more for JP maybe a second but a second alone.

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
seems a tradition I post at least one insane idea per thread you all use to agree im a moron... so without further delay heres the first one in this thread

I like ryan getlef. I also like corey perry. perry injured himself for 5 months in sept. by my counting he should be back in a few weeks.

they make a crapload of money together... 16.5 million dollars for the next 3 years

I say they are a cup worthy line and could combind with Bergeron/marchand/pastrnak to be damn near unstoppable... as good as any top 6 in the nhl

what would it take? wed need to move a significant amount of cap room... and I propose david krejci might accept a trade to sunny California. if not, my idea is dead in the water

who else? they need someone good... young... cheaper... and everyone will hate this but I propose jake debrusk. I think debrusk will score 30.... I think his next contract is 5 mill +

krejci/debrusk are around 12.5 mill if we keep them... if we deal off backes too we clear the room for getzlef/perry

I feel getzlef/perry are a cup caliber addition... obviously they cant do it by themselves... but as our second line I think theyd be pretty awesome

would krejci/debrusk be enough? Anaheim is NOT a cap team and now that they are rebuilding im sure the owner wants to get rid of contracts.

would it require a top prospect too? im on board with that
a top pick instead? im on board with that too

honestly I think getzlef/perry and someone like donato would absolutely rip things up for us on the second line

the cap hit is my single biggest concern with pursuing this trade... if we pull the trade off im confident we have what it takes to win at least 1 cup in the next 3 years and possibly more

Adding Perry and Getzlaf would be the Bruins reincarnating the Brooklyn Nets with the trade for Garnett, Pierce and Terry. Not sure how that worked out :sarcasm:

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I wouldn't give much more for JP maybe a second but a second alone.

Straight up that is probably where his value lies. Somewhere between a 2nd this year or a 1st rounder in a future year like 2020 or 2021.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad