Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals X - Mod in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Brassard struggled as a 3C in Pittsburgh. Why do we think he would be successful here?
It's a fair point.

I would take a flyer on him. It really depends on the cost which who knows..

Assuming FLA is in fact trying to sell him off to a contender for something since his deal is up this season.

IMO he's an upgrade over Backes and Frederic but they can probably do better than him.

Reactions: maxl7

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
It's a fair point.

I would take a flyer on him. It really depends on the cost which who knows..

Assuming FLA is in fact trying to sell him off to a contender for something since his deal is up this season.

IMO he's an upgrade over Backes and Frederic but they can probably do better than him.

Yeah, if he's cheap then I guess it couldn't hurt, but it seems like there would be a better option for just a bit more.

Reactions: Strafer

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
I highly doubt they move Studnicka unless a big piece is coming back. He's their top forward prospect at a position of serious need.

I agree Studnicka is unlikely to be moved . Think there are a lot teams interested in Fredric ,but think the Bruins would prefer to move JFK. I think one of the three should be moved before the start of next season.

Last edited:

BruinsPortugal

Dec 3, 2009
Portugal
Not enough, IMO. Bruins need to add.
7bdfeddf1ece7cdfb6d8ba281b8f12bb.jpg

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016
Brassard for grez and second round pick.
Jesus no. Thats a ridiculous overpayment for a rental who has been legitimately bad this year by every metric and eye test.

The thing about trading for a center is you ideally want someone who could potentially take over for Krejci when his contract expires. I wouldn't mind the money Henrique is getting if it wasn't attached to Henrique. If you can trade for someone with term like that who has the ability to take over in the future go for it.

Huberdeau is a really interesting one to me. Not going to solve the issue at 3c but 4 years left at $5.9, 52 points in 55 games but PDO is betraying him (likely due to Florida's bad goaltending and him shooting a few % below career average), his GF% is 41 but xGF% is 49. He's just a prime buy low (relatively) on a weird season on a bad team candidate and could fill a long term need for the Bs.

HuskyBruinPride

Aug 1, 2011
Brassard couldn't cut it for the Penguins this year, we expect him to be the answer here? We need better. Not just another bottom 6 fodder. If he comes dirt cheap and is the only option for C depth okay I guess, but that means we better also land a top 6 winger, at least Silfverberg.

Reactions: wintersej and maxl7

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Brassard couldn't cut it for the Penguins this year, we expect him to be the answer here? We need better. Not just another bottom 6 fodder. If he comes dirt cheap and is the only option for C depth okay I guess, but that means we better also land a top 6 winger, at least Silfverberg.

I posted this before about Brassard but I'll repeat it since he's coming up again; I heard an interview on NHL Radio about a month ago with a Pittsburgh analyst (can't remember who) and he said 100% at that time that Brassard would be traded because he wanted more ice and PP time for the Pens. With Crosby and Malkin that obviously wasn't going to work and he'd be facing the same situation here with Bergeron and Krejci.

Just wanted to get that out there again as it doesn't sound like he'd be a good fit here for the same reasons

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
I really thought we'd be adding for this trip but if they don't make a move today, seems less likely.
Any word on who they're calling up.
I'd say 99.9% chance its Donato

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
I really thought we'd be adding for this trip but if they don't make a move today, seems less likely.
Any word on who they're calling up.
I'd say 99.9% chance its Donato
I hope not.

Let the kid marinate in the minors for the rest of the season.

EDIT: Guess we got our answer. Kuhlman earned his shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad