Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals VIII - Mod in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I'm aware of the term left on his contract. Kessel had term when he was traded. The point is that these types of players almost never get what they're worth. No team is giving up an equivalent player to Pasta or McAvoy for Tarasenko, so while Armstrong can negotiate in through the press and boast about the value of his players, when you trade these types of guys you almost always lose out.

There's trying to trade a player, and then there's potentially available for the right offer.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
I just think he's a warrior and a future leader for this team. Look at what he did in the playoffs last year. As much as I would like Tarasenko, I think we have enough to get him without giving up a Debrusk or Vaak. Yea, that's what they'd want, but I wouldn't do it.

I'd do Krug, Heinen, Donato, Frederic and a 2019 2nd (or 2020 1st maybe... I know Donny doesn't want to have to wait until the 2nd round again this year). I'd offer something like that. Doesn't mean it would get it done... but that's a pretty decent package if you ask me. There is a history (unfortunately two of them are Bruins trades) of those type of package deals bringing back a stud.

Edit

'14-'15
77373673273126414.0810006--17:3718:35
'15-'16
8040347473729213.71212007--18:3820:09
'16-'17
82393675-11228613.6913008--18:2820:12
'17-'18
80333366151730610.8610005--19:0323:06
'18-'19
2991120-13161128.053000--18:2926:49
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Looks to be a player already declining... so they shouldn't have to pay top dollar to acquire him. I think he's a good buy low candidate but again, shouldn't have to lose players you really don't want to to get him if you ask me.

Excellent post. I think the Bruins would likely get outbid anyway.

We also know he’ll be a Penguin if he leaves.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
STL I'm thinking would want Frederic being a local STL kid to start and I'd be okay with that.

Krug
Fredric
2nd round pick 2020

What does him being a local kid have to do with anything? I'm pretty sure its really only fans that give a crap about where a player is from.

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
Not a chance you move DeBrusk for Tarasenko. The entire point of bringing him in is to fill a hole, not make a new one. I'm aware Vlad is the better player (now) but the point of adding a top 6F is to solidify your top 6 and let the rest fit where need be.

Heinen/Bjork
Lauzon/Zbroil
Backes
1st 19/Krug
2nd 19
2nd 20

BruinsPortugal

Dec 3, 2009
Portugal
Some of those packages are pure fantasy. When was the last time such a big deal occurred?? People always get disappointed with the returns, no wonder, you guys pay nhl19 too much.

I’d prefer Stone anyway.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Can we keep one of Vaak or Lauz? BTW Tarasenko isn't really performing well this season...any reason why? TSN overdrive tonight mentioned something about his weight.
I’m not Sweeney in this deal I’m playing Armstrong role

I want to be knocked over to give up my best forward

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
how's that model working for the Blackhawks and Kings right now?

You mean the teams that locked up non-elite players to absurd contracts on the tail-end of their careers and are not at all what I'm talking about?

My suggestion worked out quite well for the Penguins.

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
There's trying to trade a player, and then there's potentially available for the right offer.

My list wasn't exhaustive. But O'Reilly is another example of a great player with term getting traded for peanuts. The point is, if Tarasenko is available at all it means the Blues don't value him properly so he's worth pursuing.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
You mean the teams that locked up non-elite players to absurd contracts on the tail-end of their careers and are not at all what I'm talking about?

My suggestion worked out quite well for the Penguins.
oh really? what did they give up in the trades for Crosby and Malkin?

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Maybe we should wait for rick Nash? Cheap and effective move possibly no assets given .
Sure but what’s the point? This team needs a lot more than Rick Nash. He wasn’t good enough last season and he hasn’t skated in 8 months now.

He’s a nice depth piece but he doesn’t solve the top 6 forward need.

Reactions: Strafer and TCB

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
My list wasn't exhaustive. But O'Reilly is another example of a great player with term getting traded for peanuts. The point is, if Tarasenko is available at all it means the Blues don't value him properly so he's worth pursuing.

It seems you missed the point.

There's trying to trade, and being available for the right price.
I would be willing to bet Tarasenko is in the 2nd group, potentially available for the right price.

Unless he has demanded a trade, or had problems with in Blues they have no reason to just trade him.

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
oh really? what did they give up in the trades for Crosby and Malkin?

*Sigh*

My suggestion about focusing on having as many elite players as you can fit.

They did trade for Kessel, much to the dismay of people saying they would be too top heavy and have too much money tied up in their talent.

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
It seems you missed the point.

There's trying to trade, and being available for the right price.
I would be willing to bet Tarasenko is in the 2nd group, potentially available for the right price.

Unless he has demanded a trade, or had problems with in Blues they have no reason to just trade him.

No, I understood you perfectly. All of my points still stand. Tarasenko *should* be off limits. The fact that he reportedly isn't means there's something that they don't like, which also aligns with what Elliotte Friedman wrote a while back about the organization wanting "more" from him.

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
Krug
1 of Donato, Heinen or Bjork
1 of Lauzon, Zboril
Frederic
2019 First

For Tarasenko

Hopefully you can swing keeping Vaaka as the replacement for Krug so he’s kept out but I don’t know if I would let that hold up the deal

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Maybe we should wait for rick Nash? Cheap and effective move possibly no assets given .

That doesn’t make any sense. If Nash comes back AND is effective, Tarasenko would still be incredible. They don’t affect each other.

(Even though we’re not getting VT)

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
NHL Rumors: Bruins Interested In Massachusetts Native Charlie Coyle?

LeBrun indicated Tuesday on TSN’s “Insider Trading” that the Bruins have “kicked the tires” on Coyle, a former Boston University Terrier who has spent his entire seven-year NHL career with the Wild.“What I can tell you is this: I believe the Boston Bruins have kicked the tires on Charlie Coyle. Not really surprising given that the Bruins have all those injuries that they’re still dealing with,” LeBrun said. “I don’t know that this is something that’s imminent, but in terms of the Wild, I think (Minnesota general manager) Paul Fenton maybe finally is ready to act.”

WEEI.com’s Matt Kalman later reported, citing a source with knowledge of the situation, that Coyle’s name has come up in trade talks with the Bruins even though nothing is imminent.

This all comes on the heels of Bruins general manager Don Sweeney recently acknowledging that Boston was searching for help “up front”while battling injuries and looking for secondary scoring

Reactions: Strafer and don

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
*Sigh*

My suggestion about focusing on having as many elite players as you can fit.

They did trade for Kessel, much to the dismay of people saying they would be too top heavy and have too much money tied up in their talent.
and my point is that they can't fit another guy who makes 7.5 million for the next 5 years.

Guys who need contracts after this season:
McAvoy
Carlo
Heinen
Chara
JFK
Donato

and Debrusk needs a contract after next year.

I'd love to add a guy like Tarasenko but there are two major obstacles in the cost to acquire and the cap space to fit him.

So yeah it's easy to scoff at a guy like Schenn and say get the better player instead but in the real world it's not that simple. And I'm not riding my bike to work just because I can't afford a Ferrari.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad