Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals VIII - Mod in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Every single team has weaknesses. That's the nature of the salary cap. I'd rather have a roster weakness as a result of having "too many" elite players than trying to have the impossible "balanced" team, especially considering that hockey is a strong link game.
how's that model working for the Blackhawks and Kings right now?

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I'm aware of the term left on his contract. Kessel had term when he was traded. The point is that these types of players almost never get what they're worth. No team is giving up an equivalent player to Pasta or McAvoy for Tarasenko, so while Armstrong can negotiate in through the press and boast about the value of his players, when you trade these types of guys you almost always lose out.

The Bruins definitely have the assets to give up and go make a play for him.

Heck they were apparently in on Tavares and were willing to anti-up for him as well as Kovalchuk,of course at a price of giving up nothing, but if they truly want Bergy,Chara and company to have one more-true legit shot at the Cup. You do it!

So why not Tarasenko? He is actually, exactly what Neely/Sweeney has said in the past, what they'd be willing too give up prospects/young players for, a young talented mid twenty players with term and not an aging vet with an expiring contract.

After all a player like him doesn't become available too often.

He's also signed at pretty good contract of 7.5 for the next 4+ yrs. Id move on him quick because you know the leafs will be calling about Pietrangelo and Parayko.

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
Lucic today requested a trade from Edmonton.
I'd be all for getting him back at half retained.

No. No. No. No. No. Nooooooooooooooo. Pllllleeeassssee stop with this. He cannot keep up with the game anymore. Even half retained that's a bad contract. Way too many years left and it'll just get uglier every year.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Heck they were apparently in on Tavares and were willing to anti-up for him as well as Kovalchuk,of course at a price of giving up nothing, but if they truly want Bergy,Chara and company to have one more-true legit shot at the Cup. You do it!

So why not Tarasenko is actually, exactly what Neely/Sweeney has said in the past, what they'd be willing too give up prospects/young players for, a young talented mid twenty players with term and not an aging vet with an expiring contract.

He's also signed at pretty good contract of 7.5 for the next 4+ yrs. Id move on him quick because you know the leafs will be calling about Pietrangelo and Parayko.
DeBrusk
Frederic
Vaakanainen
Lauzon
Backes

You go from DeBrusk to Tarasenko

If JFK is deemed legit & Studnicka on way you are covered at C

Vaakanainen & Lauzon hurt but you still have 7 guys plus Kampher and Zboril, Anderson, Johansson, Sherman etc

They miss Backes & has Cap hit is 6 but real dollars will be 4 per next two years not painful at all and he can mentor kids

Seems a lot but we are talking stud

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
DeBrusk
Frederic
Vaakanainen
Lauzon
Backes

Vaakanainen & Lauzon hurt but you still have 7 guys plus Kampher and Zboril, Anderson, Johansson, Sherman etc

They miss Backes & has Cap hit is 6 but real dollars will be 4 per next two years not painful at all and he can mentor kids

I like it.:thumbu:

I think Armstrong would as well. Call Donny ASAP!:nod:

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT

So why not Tarasenko? He is actually, exactly what Neely/Sweeney has said in the past, what they'd be willing too give up prospects/young players for, a young talented mid twenty players with term and not an aging vet with an expiring contract.

I'd look to add Tarasenko for sure, but Debrusk/Vaak are off limits for me. Debrusk is a guy you simply don't trade and Vaak is going to be a top pairing D if you ask me.

Salary would need to go the other way (Krug) and then have your pick(s) of Heinen, Donato, Bjork, JFK, Frederic etc

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
DeBrusk
Frederic
Vaakanainen
Lauzon
Backes

Big time no for me.

Reactions: Skelen

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
What about Eric Staal ... UFA next season. 34 but still producing

To Bruins: Staal
To Wild: 3rd round pick, Fitzgerald, Cehlarik

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
I'd look to add Tarasenko for sure, but Debrusk/Vaak are off limits for me. Debrusk is a guy you simply don't trade and Vaak is going to be a top pairing D if you ask me.

Salary would need to go the other way (Krug) and then have your pick(s) of Heinen, Donato, Bjork, JFK, Frederic etc

I’m honestly surprised. I love DeBrusk but if he had to go in a deal for Tarasenko, that’s an easy yes in my book.

Reactions: Strafer and TCB

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009

how can you afford all that salary? And plus McAvoy is due for an extension. Carlo is due for an extension

Both Krug and Rask would need to go ... but St Louis wouldn't want these players in return

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Just for fun on the Tarasenko stuff (although I don't see him being traded)

Heinen
Grzelcyk
Backes
2020 1st
2019 2nd
2020 2nd

Last edited:
Reactions: Skelen

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
DeBrusk
Frederic
Vaakanainen
Lauzon
Backes

Can we keep one of Vaak or Lauz? BTW Tarasenko isn't really performing well this season...any reason why? TSN overdrive tonight mentioned something about his weight.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
December 19th the day my kids and I leave for Tampa...

d) Holiday Roster Freeze.
(i) For all Players on an NHL Active Roster, Injured Reserve, or Players with Non-Roster and Injured Non-Roster status as of 11:59 p.m. local time on December 19, a roster freeze shall apply through 12:01 a.m. local time December 28, with respect to Waivers, Trades and Loans; provided, however, that Players may be Recalled to NHL Clubs during this period and, provided further, that if a Player is placed on Regular Waivers prior to the roster freeze period and is claimed during such roster freeze period, the roster freeze period shall not apply and the Player shall immediately report to the claiming Club.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
how can you afford all that salary? And plus McAvoy is due for an extension. Carlo is due for an extension

That's for Donny to figure out, but I mean they had a plan if Tavares or Kovalchuk was going to sign here. More than likely salary would need to go back and/or during the off season a move would need to be made but hey if You can acquire Tarasenko, you make room.

DKH had a propasal with Backes going back the other way there's your salary. Bruins were giving up a lot but inorder for the Blues to take on Backes salary you do it and then you "get the duck boats ready".;)

Reactions: ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
not enough.... would you accept this package for Marchand or Pasta?

Are there rumors that those guys are in play? Are the Bruins reportedly looking to change things up? Did it make sense to trade Seguin for his return, or are there many factors involved?

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Lucic today requested a trade from Edmonton.
I'd be all for getting him back at half retained.
ummm nope he wants to stay an Oiler
From Friedman's column
18. Before discussing his current role, let’s go back to the summer. Lucic wanted a new start, and asked to be traded. Has that changed? “Yes, yes,” he answered. “I have embraced being in Edmonton and being an Oiler. I am here as long as they need me.” The powerful winger met with a sports psychologist to change his attitude. “We worked on changing my thought process. Stop living in the past. Stop thinking, ‘What if?’ Stop thinking so much about what happened in Boston. Yeah, it was great. But stop living in the past and trying to recreate the past. Focus on being part of a group trying to create something for the future.”​

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011

STL I'm thinking would want Frederic being a local STL kid to start and I'd be okay with that.

Krug
Fredric
2nd round pick 2020

Reactions: Strafer

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
I’m honestly surprised. I love DeBrusk but if he had to go in a deal for Tarasenko, that’s an easy yes in my book.

I just think he's a warrior and a future leader for this team. Look at what he did in the playoffs last year. As much as I would like Tarasenko, I think we have enough to get him without giving up a Debrusk or Vaak. Yea, that's what they'd want, but I wouldn't do it.

I'd do Krug, Heinen, Donato, Frederic and a 2019 2nd (or 2020 1st maybe... I know Donny doesn't want to have to wait until the 2nd round again this year). I'd offer something like that. Doesn't mean it would get it done... but that's a pretty decent package if you ask me. There is a history (unfortunately two of them are Bruins trades) of those type of package deals bringing back a stud.

Edit

'14-'1577373673273126414.0810006--17:3718:35
'15-'168040347473729213.71212007--18:3820:09
'16-'1782393675-11228613.6913008--18:2820:12
'17-'1880333366151730610.8610005--19:0323:06
'18-'192991120-13161128.053000--18:2926:49
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Looks to be a player already declining... so they shouldn't have to pay top dollar to acquire him. I think he's a good buy low candidate but again, shouldn't have to lose players you really don't want to to get him if you ask me.

Reactions: Gordon Lightfoot
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad