Proposal: Bruins Trade proposals VI - MOD in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
Kind of a rehash of an old post of mine.

How about Dzingel and Bobby Ryan @25% retained, to Boston?

Ryan would slot on Krejci's RW and Dzingel as the 3rd center. Ryan's game to me seems like it would mesh well with 46.

I offered Krug, JFK, and 2019 1st, which I feel is a bit of an overpayment because OTT is a division rival, with the idea that Grizz and McAvoy are ready for Krug's PP production.

Have to resign Dzingel in the summer to make the deal worth it. Maybe a 5x6 and do some deals in the summer for cap purposes.

I feel like the Bruins could get a lot better return for that offer than a declining Bobby Ryan and Dzingel.

But you also have to factor in that Krug has a modified NTC (8-team no-trade list). Ottawa has to be on that list, right?

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I truly meant no offense, so I apologize. I'm sorry for calling it voodoo.

However, I could entertain your argument if there were some throughline or cause of McAvoy's injuries that we could point to, but there isn't one. Everything has been outside of his control, as you've already pointed out. That *is* superstition, is it not? Unless I'm totally misunderstanding what you're saying. Are you concerned that the injuries Charlie has sustained so far will affect his health moving forward or his ability to maintain play at a certain level?

He is a great player. He can be a superstar. But, if he continues to have unfortunate health "things" happen I'm afraid that he will never reach his greatest level of play. his greatest potential. I don't think that we've seen that yet.
I am worried that he will always have something happen to his health. Some bodies aren't meant for some things. Playing pro hockey has got to be one of the hardest levels of endurance for the human body to do for a career. I'm not sure that (for whatever reason) Charlie's body can handle that. I played beer league but couldn't maintain that for personal and health reasons past 33 years old. I have friends that I grew up with who are like me in their early sixties who still play weekly. I envy them. We pretty much have the same abilities (when I quit) same builds and lifestyles but I kept getting injured, sick, etc etc. I would LOVE to be playing now. I miss it. I hope that CM can sustain, can get past the unfortunate issues whether they're heart related, injury related or whatever. I just have a (churning) gut feeling that he maybe isn't built for the long haul. This happens sometimes without any real reason. I don't feel that we need to put a label on it. Human beings come in a million various combinations of things. Now, back to my crystal ball, chants, incarnations, and incense.

Last edited:

Bodit9

Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
This format of breaks/bye weeks is so nonsensical IMO. Just shut down the whole league at the same time for the AS break for several days and that's that. Why does the NHL have to do everything in such a uniquely weird way?

I really don't like the bye week. If anything, they should split it up into 2 different breaks, a 2 day one and a 3 day one. 5 days is too long & now it really messes up trades because some teams have had their bye days and others haven't.

Reactions: Strafer

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I really don't like the bye week. If anything, they should split it up into 2 different breaks, a 2 day one and a 3 day one. 5 days is too long & now it really messes up trades because some teams have had their bye days and others haven't.
Yes, things like this I feel are important for the league to take seriously. The inmates run the asylum when they can dictate this lunacy (yes, I know that it was negotiated). Shut down for several days, everyone gets to go on vaca and then come back fresh from the break. Management teams can meet for trades discussions etc but can't implement trades until after the shutdown. Simple.

Last edited:

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

Ryan would slot on Krejci's RW and Dzingel as the 3rd center. Ryan's game to me seems like it would mesh well with 46.

I offered Krug, JFK, and 2019 1st, which I feel is a bit of an overpayment because OTT is a division rival, with the idea that Grizz and McAvoy are ready for Krug's PP production.

Have to resign Dzingel in the summer to make the deal worth it. Maybe a 5x6 and do some deals in the summer for cap purposes.

I really don't get why people want Dzingel.

Guy is having a breakout year, in a contract year. He's getting the most TOI per game of his career and carrying a S% that isn't sustainable. Am I the only one that see it as a giant red flag when a guy goes from a 0.45 P/GP player over his first few seasons to a .79 P/GP player in a contract year. Not only that, but at ES, he has the worst GA/60 on his team.

And why is he going to play center when in his 238 game career he's taken 174 FO and has a 39.1% winning%

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Fleece them before they fire the GM?
I wouldn't want to touch either organization...

Ottawa has the ownership questions surrounding them and they have shown the MO they rarely deal inter-division do you really want to send a package of players and then have them beat you or make them more of a contender.... remember Buffalo and Vanek when he was there and even now you're seeing them as a potential hazard playoff-wise, not that Toronto and Tampa are along with Washington

Edmonton has been discussed since the Chiarelli exit, we all know who runs that franchise internally, and you want Katz interfering with the internal dynamics in a market like ours, how well or how long you think Katz would last here

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

Ottawa would take that deal and run. I'd say its a big time over-payment for an upcoming UFA and a player making over 7mil per for the next 3 plus years,even if the Sens retain 25% your still forking out over 5mil for a player,who seems to constantly land on the DL with hand injuries.

Ryan is going out to pasture in Ottawa, the only way they'll be able o move him if its a conditional deal involving Stone or Duchene. Dzingel would be nice but he's not putting the Bruins over the hump neither. Id say at this point, if I'm dealing with the Sens, go big or go home Stone or Duchene

Last edited:

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Ottawa would take that deal and run. I'd say its a big time over-payment for an upcoming RFA and a player making over 7mil per for the next 3 plus years,even if the Sens retain 25% your still forking out over 5mil for a player,who seems to constantly land on the DL with hand injuries.

Ryan is going out to pasture in Ottawa, the only way they'll be able o move him if its a conditional deal involving Stone or Duchene. Dzingel would be nice but he's not putting the Bruins over the hump neither. Id say at this point, if I'm dealing with the Sens, go big or go home Stone or Duchene

Dzingel would actually be a UFA in the off-season

Reactions: TCB

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
I wouldn't want to touch either organization...

Ottawa has the ownership questions surrounding them and they have shown the MO they rarely deal inter-division do you really want to send a package of players and then have them beat you or make them more of a contender.... remember Buffalo and Vanek when he was there and even now you're seeing them as a potential hazard playoff-wise, not that Toronto and Tampa are along with Washington

Edmonton has been discussed since the Chiarelli exit, we all know who runs that franchise internally, and you want Katz interfering with the internal dynamics in a market like ours, how well or how long you think Katz would last here

I get your point about trading good players to division rivals and its a darn good one. As long as you get the guys back you want to me its all good because good players are always going to get their points.

Im looking for a bridge trade that will give use a couple three years of contending then turning the team over to Pasta, McAvoy, Studnicka, Vaak, Fredy etc...

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I get your point about trading good players to division rivals and its a darn good one. As long as you get the guys back you want to me its all good because good players are always going to get their points.

Im looking for a bridge trade that will give use a couple three years of contending and they turing the team over to Pasta, McAvoy, Studnicka, Vaak, Fredy etc...

I think that deal is for Schenn TBH. He's in his prime and if you sign him to an ext he can be a transition guy between Bergy & Co and the youngsters.

Trade for Schenn, give McAvoy & Carlo bridge deals, move out Backes and go after Stone. Pitch him on the idea of playing with Bergy/Marchand and see if he'll bite. I don't think he's getting what people think. If you look at his numbers over the last 2.5 years, he's probably worth $7.5 million per. I mean Pasta has outproduced him (although Stone is a better defender) and he only gets $6.6 per.

Marchand - Bergeron - Stone
DeBrusk - Krejci - Pastrnak
??? - Frederic - Schenn

^You could even move Frederic to LW, let Schenn play C. Between Bjork, Senyshyn, Donato, Heinen you should be able to make a pretty good top 9

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
I think that deal is for Schenn TBH. He's in his prime and if you sign him to an ext he can be a transition guy between Bergy & Co and the youngsters.

Trade for Schenn, give McAvoy & Carlo bridge deals, move out Backes and go after Stone. Pitch him on the idea of playing with Bergy/Marchand and see if he'll bite. I don't think he's getting what people think. If you look at his numbers over the last 2.5 years, he's probably worth $7.5 million per. I mean Pasta has outproduced him (although Stone is a better defender) and he only gets $6.6 per.

??? - Frederic - Schenn

^You could even move Frederic to LW, let Schenn play C. Between Bjork, Senyshyn, Donato, Heinen you should be able to make a pretty good top 9

I like your proposal a lot.

If the Bruins could manage to get Stone via trade or FA Sweeney would become a hero.

Reactions: PlayMakers

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005

??? - Frederic - Schenn

Stone playing on a line with Bergeron would be amazing. So many stripped pucks. Then you have Marchand.
Cehlarik-Krejci-Pasta would finally be reuinited as the second line.
Debrusk-Schenn-Wagner
Nordstrom-Kuraly-Acciari

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont

Any deal with Bobby Ryan is a no.....unless they take Backes.

You don't want to pay a player $5mill to score 15goals.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Stone playing on a line with Bergeron would be amazing. So many stripped pucks. Then you have Marchand.
Cehlarik-Krejci-Pasta would finally be reuinited as the second line.
Debrusk-Schenn-Wagner
Nordstrom-Kuraly-Acciari
That would be fun, but getting Stone and Schenn is going to cost them some serious capital. What is going the other way to make that work?

BruinsPortugal

Dec 3, 2009
Portugal
Heinen, Lauzon, Senyshyn and a 1st for Mark Stone. Would you do it?

Cehlarik - Krejci - Pastrnak
DeBrusk - Frederic - Backes

That Bergeron line becomes the best two-way line in hockey.
In a heartbeat. Wait I said a heartbeat? Actually I don’t think my heart would have time to beat.

Anyway, i’d Offer more if I knew he would sign here long term.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
BTW: To those who say that the reaction to the Muzzin trade is an "over-reaction."
I can see (even) Tampa Lightning management sitting up and taking notice of it.
Muzzin changes a lot of dynamics in the East IMO.

I agree with you that anyone who doesn't think them adding Muzzin is a big deal for them is out to lunch. Totally changes the dynamic of their D. While also allowing them to let Gardiner walk next season. A very good move.

If your Stanley Cup is beating Toronto in round 1, things have changed dramatically. The Leafs are now the favorites in that series.

If you are trying to be a real Cup contender, nothing has really changed. You will have to beat great teams to win and the Bruins need 1 and probably 2 upgrades in the middle 6 to do that and Toronto's moves did nothing to change that.

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
The only players from Ottawa I would target are Stone and Duchene. No half-assed solutions. Either go all in or do nothing. If they could get either without giving up any major roster pieces, Sweeney should pull the lever on that trade immediately.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Heinen, Lauzon, Senyshyn and a 1st for Mark Stone. Would you do it?

Cehlarik - Krejci - Pastrnak
DeBrusk - Frederic - Backes

That Bergeron line becomes the best two-way line in hockey.

marchand/Bergeron/fire hydrant
this Bergeron line likely also becomes the best two-way line in hockey :)
or at least top 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad