Proposal: Bruins trade proposals, rumors, transaction suggestions, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
The killer for me is Chia essentially said we didn't re-sign Iginla to make room for younger players/core guys (I assumed that included Smith and Krug).

His first priority after trading Iginla should have been getting these two signed. These are two big parts of our young core. Especially Krug. And even Smith considering how crappy our RW depth just got.

Maybe tomorrow a trade will be announced and we'll get them both signed and this will all be nothing. But you would think that the second Chia decided not to sign Iginla he would have started looking at ways to get Krug and Smith signed (cough cough Chris Kelly cough cough)- BEFORE camp. I mean it's been months.

Our team right now, as is signed, is extremely weak. 3 rookies on the right side - yikes. And without Krug there goes the PP. *sigh*

Btown

Oct 1, 2011
Love Krug and want him back but I'm not giving him 100% credit on the PP.
Chara saw more PP min. In front of the net this year then any other year in Boston which worked out well. New players on the PP in the way of Smith on point Soderberg and Dougies development. I believe we got a new PP couch as well?
He was definitely a factor but losing him in the line up isn't gonna have us going back to one of the worst teams on the PP, I hope.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
The killer for me is Chia essentially said we didn't re-sign Iginla to make room for younger players/core guys (I assumed that included Smith and Krug).

His first priority after trading Iginla should have been getting these two signed. These are two big parts of our young core. Especially Krug. And even Smith considering how crappy our RW depth just got.

Maybe tomorrow a trade will be announced and we'll get them both signed and this will all be nothing. But you would think that the second Chia decided not to sign Iginla he would have started looking at ways to get Krug and Smith signed (cough cough Chris Kelly cough cough)- BEFORE camp. I mean it's been months.

Our team right now, as is signed, is extremely weak. 3 rookies on the right side - yikes. And without Krug there goes the PP. *sigh*

Nothing like having the 3rd fav to win the cup by Vegas odds, with the reigning Vezina goalie in nets, the deepest centre group in the East top to bottom, potentially the deepest blueline in the East from 1 to 8, an elite coach, and names like Lucic/Marchand/Eriksson on the wings.

But ya, it's a weak team and we should be in the lotto next year

:sarcasm:

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Nothing like having the 3rd fav to win the cup by Vegas odds, with the reigning Vezina goalie in nets, the deepest centre group in the East top to bottom, potentially the deepest blueline in the East from 1 to 8, an elite coach, and names like Lucic/Marchand/Eriksson on the wings.

But ya, it's a weak team and we should be in the lotto next year

:sarcasm:

5-8, 120-pound model looks at herself in the mirror and sighs. "I'm so fat!" ;)

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
I have thought about this myself and if they have deals in principle, great. The crappy thing is that they miss camp. Working out on your own is one thing but playing games (even pre-season) and building chemistry with potential linemates is something else. If they join the B's for the start of the season it'll take a bit of time for them to catch up to the rest of the team.

At least the notion is that Reilly would be back with Bergy & Marchand anyways, so theoretically there's no need to familiarize with new linemates. But still not ideal.

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
I see this year as the last year in our window, I could be wrong though, depends on the rate at which Chara's game declines.

I think we have just as good a shot to win it all this year as we did last year. I know we lost 30 goals in Iginla but the way he played (pretty much everyone else to be honest) was awful, like they had no desire to win...

World of Wardlow

Unscripted Violence
Jul 13, 2006
Montreal
Love Krug and want him back but I'm not giving him 100% credit on the PP.
Chara saw more PP min. In front of the net this year then any other year in Boston which worked out well. New players on the PP in the way of Smith on point Soderberg and Dougies development. I believe we got a new PP couch as well?
He was definitely a factor but losing him in the line up isn't gonna have us going back to one of the worst teams on the PP, I hope.

True, but the Bruins don't have the slick skill set of a D to effectively replace Krug as the QB on the PP with Chara in front.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I wonder if the Ryan Ellis deal impacts what Kruger is looking for? $2.5m too high for Chia?

Ellis deal is ridiculously low considering he signed for 5 years. I don't think the Bruins could get Krug to sign for 5 years for less than 4, maybe 4.5 million a season.

Being it is a 5 year deal though, that does mean he is getting a good bit more this year than he would have on a 1 year deal. One year deal I think Ellis would have been around 1.25 million

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
This is very common for a team that has been as successful as Boston has the past 6 or 7 years. Guys start getting paid, Front Office must decide who to build around. One just needs to take a look at Detroit or Pittsburgh, Chicago too. It's what makes drafting well very important. We wouldn't be worried so much about the loss of Iginla or potentially Boychuk if we had a budding young RW ready to step in on an ELC, or a RH shot dman who could slot into a 2nd pairing with Seidenberg.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
For Joe (GloryDaze)

May
Chiarelli
Quash
Unnecessary
Anecdotal
Insolvent
Deals

There may just be some interest in McQuaid.

Too bad the CBA doesn't allow him to play in 3 consecutive exhibition games.

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
May
Chiarelli
Quash
Unnecessary
Anecdotal
Insolvent
Deals

Wish he could stay, but can see why they would look to move him to save a few bucks.

Would love to hear if they are even exploring trading Kelly at this point.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
I find myself saying every player that has the potential to be moved is critically important to the team, lol.

All the people screaming "soft" have way more of a solid argument with Adam gone.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I'm starting to pencil in Bart and Fraser as Krug and Smith's replacements for the time being. I'm starting to think this will drag into the season.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Always knew there was a decent chance McQuaid could be the guy traded. Still really would hate to lose him. He's pure Bruin and I hate the idea of this team getting any softer.
And of course he comes back this season looking great despite missing so much time, and he'll probably end up leaving. This off season is just agitating.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
May
Chiarelli
Quash
Unnecessary
Anecdotal
Insolvent
Deals

ugh, I said months ago I'd be livid if Kelly is on this team on opening night with Iginla gone. Now they're going to choose Kelly over McQuaid too. WTF is it about this guy that they insist on keeping him? I love what he gave us over the years and know he's a good guy and good leader, but from a hockey standpoint how the hell can they justify keeping him? We need McQuaid's nastiness a lot more than we need Kelly's slightly above average defensive play.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
ugh, I said months ago I'd be livid if Kelly is on this team on opening night with Iginla gone. Now they're going to choose Kelly over McQuaid too. WTF is it about this guy that they insist on keeping him? I love what he gave us over the years and know he's a good guy and good leader, but from a hockey standpoint how the hell can they justify keeping him? We need McQuaid's nastiness a lot more than we need Kelly's slightly above average defensive play.

Maybe there's no takers? I would have to think there'd be a team somewhere that could use him, though. Even if we ate part of the salary.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004

When did Chia ever say that? It was pretty clear from the beginning that if he didn't re-sign Iginla it would be because of money, not to make room for kids. Kids getting into the lineup is just a symptom of the money problem, not a result of letting Iginla walk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad