Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals IX - Mod in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
I think someone brought this up in the previous thread. What about taking Zack Smith and his contract($3.25 per for 2 more seasons after this) with Stone? Does it bring the price down some? He wouldn’t be a terrible option for the 3C. Brings some rugged play to the bottom 6. Having a decent year and turns 31 in April.

Reactions: Strafer

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
I don't even know what to say to that Murphy guy. Let's just pretend like he really didn't post that

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I think someone brought this up in the previous thread. What about taking Zack Smith and his contract($3.25 per for 2 more seasons after this) with Stone? Does it bring the price down some? He wouldn’t be a terrible option for the 3C. Brings some rugged play to the bottom 6. Having a decent year and turns 31 in April.
likely me who talked about Smith. Posted 19 pts this season but he`s better than that, a 3rd line of Backes/Heinen/Nordy let`s say for giggles has 12 pts more combined.

He`s not the sexy name out there but plays a very solid game and IMO, could help stabilize that 3rd line. Now, I don`t like Smith at 3.25, rather the Sens retain a Mill/Year, we have seen far worse walk through the door for the B`s, Smith plays with some jam too which I think fans would appreciate, I also think that for a guy like Smith, your not looking at losing potential jackpot of prospects or a player you can`t afford to lose

Last edited:

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Was it a good trade? A super star on a 5.5 mil contract for little return. I was trying to say is don’t trade a bunch of young guys for nothing make it a good deal get another good young guy back or a guy likes Stone.
You mentioned Seguin. Who is Seguin in the scenario you are describing?

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA

If you really want to bring the price down take on Bobby Ryan’s contract.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
If you really want to bring the price down take on Bobby Ryan’s contract.

Would they take back David Backes contract?

Because there is a real cash savings for them of 14.5 million after this year (Backes is owed 8.0 million and Ryan is owed 22.5).

Granted Backes would need to waive, but given he's found himself a healthy scratch twice now, maybe he'd be open to going to a young Sens team and providing some leadership while being an everyday player. He must see the writing on the wall in Boston as far as being an everyday player moving forward into the next two years.

mflo77

Jul 9, 2002
Visit site
couldnt find the zach senyshen thread.

Why not try Senyshen on the right side. Bruins are so desperate to find a right shot with size and speed. Isnt it worth a shot for a couple of games???

Reactions: Strafer

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

Why not try Senyshen on the right side. Bruins are so desperate to find a right shot with size and speed. Isnt it worth a shot for a couple of games???

The problem is, let's say Senyshyn comes up and plays 3-5 good games. Are you then confident the RW position is all good for postseason?

What happens if he plays 3-5 good games, and then proves himself to not be ready for the big league yet, especially if the deadline has passed?

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Keep with the Detroit formula of overripe B prospects forcing their way onto the roster. Right now they aren't forcing anything but the Bruins to trade for some actual help.

Reactions: TCB and PlayMakers
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad