Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals IX - Mod in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
question is, why would the Panthers move him? Haven`t heard word one about him or even more importantly, his girlfriend causing any issues with the Panthers, he`s doing on the ice what he did in Ottawa, put pts up, not sure the Panthers have any need to move him

As RussellmaniaKW
said they want Panarin+ Bob, and with them Hoffman would walk next season.

Adding Panarin+ Bob while trading Brassard+Hoffman for futures would be set them up for the near future.

Anywas I'd like to have Hoffman as an option for scoring winger who could be had for 2 playoffs, all the rumours of the off ice "issues" have died long ago. But the problem with him is that I don't want to re-sign him at 31y and can you give up a 1st for a guy like that?

Huge gamble to resign Stone but if you were told tonight by Ottawa they would trade Stone with a long term deal for Grzelcyk Studnicka and a 1st you do it both teams

Bobby Ryan attached ? He could be added by Senators

I would do that for a re-signed Stone, Boston has players on the LD to step up for Grzelcyk and someone has to go one day from that LD group.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Yeah, agree. We don't have a young, budding superstar with maturity issues on this team (that I can see) that we're looking to give away for next to nothing. Importantly, I don't see Peter Chiarelli hanging around anywhere.

The original point isn't lost however. Show desperation and other GMs will bend you over as we approach the deadline. Does not, however, excuse the glaring holes that existed on this team going back to the summer that could have been addressed then...

i'm a little forgiving about the holes not being filled. basically sweeney took a 50-game look at the system,
hoping a few guys would step up. not only did nobody step up, but a lot of guys went sideways or backwards.
he's certainly fortunate the team is where they are considering bergeron and chara both missed significant
time (thank you defense and goaltending), but is there another team that has the clearly defined holes
that exist on the b's roster? i'd say no. if sweeney doesn't fix it, he should be considered unfit for office. it's really
that simple.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Huge gamble to resign Stone but if you were told tonight by Ottawa they would trade Stone with a long term deal for Grzelcyk Studnicka and a 1st you do it both teams

Bobby Ryan attached ? He could be added by Senators

what's your offer for stone? if we can get him for any pieces not vaak/freddy/stud, that's a HR.
1st round pick/lauzon/JFK. bang. do it dorion.

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
Make Ottawa an offer they can't refuse for Stone.

1st 2019
Any 1 D not named McAvoy or Carlo from the organization (Vaak, Gryz, Zboril, Lauzon, Andresson and more all on the table)
Any 1 F except 37-63-88-74-Studnika from the organization (Freddy, Lauko, Shen, Senyshyn, JFK, Donato, Heinen, Bjork, and more available)
Rights to Koko - Just for fun
2021 2nd - Upon on Stone resigning with the Bruins

Sign Stone on as soon as the ink is dry on the trade 6x8.5

Reactions: Strafer

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Yeah, agree. We don't have a young, budding superstar with maturity issues on this team (that I can see) that we're looking to give away for next to nothing. Importantly, I don't see Peter Chiarelli hanging around anywhere.

The original point isn't lost however. Show desperation and other GMs will bend you over as we approach the deadline. Does not, however, excuse the glaring holes that existed on this team going back to the summer that could have been addressed then...
Grizz for a old rental would be brutal. We need guys with term or willing to resign

Reactions: missingchicklet

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Seguin fiasco? Who would be Seguin in this instance????
Was it a good trade? A super star on a 5.5 mil contract for little return. I was trying to say is don’t trade a bunch of young guys for nothing make it a good deal get another good young guy back or a guy likes Stone.

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
8F18985A-4AA9-4690-B6F7-18E4260869DA.jpeg
Oh Jimmy Thin Skins

Reactions: Gee Wally

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Don Sweeney is one of the worst GMs in the league. I have mixed feelings about him making a significant deal. The team desperately needs one, they are not a couple of players away from contending, but they have no real impact prospects (see 2015 draft for more info on this) waiting either so now may be their best chance at a cup for the foreseeable future.

Also working against trading now is Sweeney, a terrible evaluator of pro talent who most likely will get taken to the cleaners by whomever he deals with.

The needs have been the same since July, a number 3 center and 2nd line RW. Sweeney's defenders kept saying dont block the kids, let them play, they all failed so far. Then it was he will fill the needs during the season, he hasn't. Now we are less than three weeks from the deadline and more excuses are coming in, dont deal too many prospects. Can't deal first round picks. Players who make this team better today and going forward are available, supposedly,.

If Stone is there you deal for him and if he costs you 8x10 you do it. He most likely gets 7x11 on the open market. A good GM finds a way to keep great players who produce and play two way hockey, see Bergeron. They tried once to create a great two way line with Loui Eriksson, it failed, time to try again with a bigger, not underrated, "quiet" star like Loui.

1st, Gryz, Heinen, Senyshyn for Stone. You are overpaying but solving your right wing for the next 5 years.

JFK, Donato,Zobril 2020 2ndfor Blake Coleman and Miles Wood

63-37-stone
74-46-88
Wood-Coleman-Backes
52-14-55
I like Don but he’s on the clock right now. I love both those deals and would do them. We are good on the cap. I think we could get Stone between 8-9 mil. My dream 7 years 8.2 per.

Bodit9

Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
Why stop at Stone?

2019 1st, Donato, Senyshyn, Gryz, JFK, 2020 3rd for Stone & Pageau

Try to keep UV & Studnicka if you can

Reactions: TCB

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Why in the blue blazes would someone as moronic as even Jimmy Murphy suggest trading Rask (born in March) for essentially his age 32/33 and 33/34 season and take on Quick (born in January) for his age 33/34, 34/35, 35/36, and 36/37 seasons?

This "hockey journalism" thing can't be that hard.

Reactions: sfvega and Strafer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad