Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Wait, what? The Blues are going to give us Jay Bouwmeester AND a 3rd rounder to take a cooked Backes who has 2 years after this at a higher salary than Bouwmeester who goes UFA after this season?

Yeah I think that guy forgot to add Pasternak to his proposal so St Louis thinks about it...

Maybe Dustin Brown works but I think Sweeney burned his bridges with that organization flipping Jones to their rival hours after we traded for him. And we would add.

Next summer a couple options might open up like Ottawa and Ryan. But my guess is Backes goes on LTIR before he allows himself to be traded there or Edmonton or get sent to Providence for a little cap relief. He wouldn't exactly be lying about whatever injury situation he would use.

I don't see us being up against the cap next year unless we somehow make a trade for another star but if we are in that position we should be able to use Backes's cap hit to resign our guys we would just need to do it like the year Krug and Smith had to sit out all of camp until we had the room to sign them from Savard on LTIR. Year after next I'd expect that to happen when someone like Bjork or JDB has to be reupped and we can't do it until after camp when we get the relief.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
This team needs an identity and it needs one quick.
Just got swept by the 3 Canadian west coast teams who really aren't that good.
Scored 5 goals in 3 games (2 extra periods).
Backes got his bell rung how many times? Acciari trying to stick up for his teammates and got pumped by Horvat.

I might be swaying too far to the "sky is falling stage" but this Bruins team looks soft, and majorly lacks secondary scoring.
I don't wish bad things upon any player but it may be time for Backes to realize he's taken too many hits and go on LTIR, while collecting his cheque and giving us cap space. Not being able to play with your children isn't worth the risk of finishing out his contract.

Long story short, we need some grit up front and a proven top 6 player. Let's assume Backes moves to LTIR:

RNH+Lucic (50% retained)
Krug +Heinen+Cehlarik

Marshy-Bergy-Bjork
Lucic-Krejci-Pasta
Debrusk-RNH-Donato
Nordstrom-Krayly-Wagner

Chara-Carlo
Moore-McAvoy
Gryz-Miller
Vaak

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Backes got his bell rung how many times? Acciari trying to stick up for his teammates and got pumped by Horvat.

I might be swaying too far to the "sky is falling stage" but this Bruins team looks soft, and majorly lacks secondary scoring.
I don't wish bad things upon any player but it may be time for Backes to realize he's taken too many hits and go on LTIR, while collecting his cheque and giving us cap space. Not being able to play with your children isn't worth the risk of finishing out his contract.

Long story short, we need some grit up front and a proven top 6 player. Let's assume Backes moves to LTIR:

RNH+Lucic (50% retained)
Krug +Heinen+Cehlarik

Marshy-Bergy-Bjork
Lucic-Krejci-Pasta
Debrusk-RNH-Donato
Nordstrom-Krayly-Wagner

Chara-Carlo
Moore-McAvoy
Gryz-Miller
Vaak

Your post started off sensible and then it was like you hit the eject button

That’s an awful deal for Boston

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

RNH+Lucic (50% retained)
Krug +Heinen+Cehlarik

Marshy-Bergy-Bjork
Lucic-Krejci-Pasta
Debrusk-RNH-Donato
Nordstrom-Krayly-Wagner

Chara-Carlo
Moore-McAvoy
Gryz-Miller
Vaak

Bruins taken to the absolute cleaners on that trade. Also, this is done off the assumption that Backes is moved to LTIR? So if he isn't, then the deal doesn't happen? Because if so.... Please for the love of all that is good, be healthy Backes!!

Also, I'm tired of these bull shit proposals that have Backes going to LTIR and people trying to feed this nonsense about how the player needs to do it for his life, children, safety, etc. etc. f*** off with that fake BS. The reason and sole reason for people putting him on LTIR is because they don't want to deal with the money. You couldn't care less about any of that stuff. You want the cap space. That's it.

And finally. What the f*** is a Krayly? Like what is that? :laugh:

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
Does anyone else feel like 90% okay with our current D? Sure we gotta think about replacing Chara soon, but this year we are set.

Let’s look getting 1 forward piece to fit with the young core. I’m now on board with trading 1-2 of our good young forwards for a stud. I was not a week ago.

Reactions: bbfan419

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
If you look at the month of October as a whole, outside of Washington, they may have the “easiest” schedule in terms of teams they’ve played against or are going to play against.

4-2-2 is not terrible. But considering the teams they’ve played.... it kind of is.

It’s early, but I’m a little nervous for this team in its current state.

I also agree with some that they need a little outside help.

Reactions: bbfan419 and Estlin

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Bruins taken to the absolute cleaners on that trade. Also, this is done off the assumption that Backes is moved to LTIR? So if he isn't, then the deal doesn't happen? Because if so.... Please for the love of all that is good, be healthy Backes!!

Also, I'm tired of these bull **** proposals that have Backes going to LTIR and people trying to feed this nonsense about how the player needs to do it for his life, children, safety, etc. etc. **** off with that fake BS. The reason and sole reason for people putting him on LTIR is because they don't want to deal with the money. You couldn't care less about any of that stuff. You want the cap space. That's it.

And finally. What the **** is a Krayly? Like what is that? :laugh:
I actually have 3 kids myself and the thought of not being able top play with them because of concussions would be terrible, so keep your short sighted opinions to yourself. You can't go one day on this board without attacking people and being the know-it-all you think you are. You're a joke!

Reactions: FanSince72

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Given that the last time he fought (in Erie), McJesus broke a hand and missed significant time, I would put the over/under at zero.

I think we're missing the point......why on earth would McDavid fight when Nurse, Kassian, Looch are there to watch his back/stick up for him? Same as why we dont want Bergy fighting, or Pasta......other than once in a blue moon. I mentioned we needed some size and toughness up front and immediately the conversation goes to "McDavid doesn't fight"

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I think we're missing the point......why on earth would McDavid fight when Nurse, Kassian, Looch are there to watch his back/stick up for him? Same as why we dont want Bergy fighting, or Pasta......other than once in a blue moon. I mentioned we needed some size and toughness up front and immediately the conversation goes to "McDavid doesn't fight"

And I think the point of the post I was replying to is that the B’s should be more concerned with adding skill/talent then size and toughness?

BTW, your trade proposal was god awful.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
And I think the point of the post I was replying to is that the B’s should be more concerned with adding skill/talent then size and toughness?

BTW, your trade proposal was god awful.
You're entitled to your opinion, that's cool.
RNH as our 3C drastically improves our team. Trading him for Krug I'm fine with because I'm more than happy with Gryz on the 3rd pair.
Looch at 50% retained for Heinen I'm also fine with. Looch is on the decline, but for 3 million and the off chance he could get back to 20 goals 25 assists with Krejci and Pasta, while adding size and toughness to our soft ass forward line up, I think would be good.

To be honest, I dont think the Oilers make that trade with us. RNH has been their 2nd best forward and Lucic is a PC guy.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
You're entitled to your opinion, that's cool.
RNH as our 3C drastically improves our team. Trading him for Krug I'm fine with because I'm more than happy with Gryz on the 3rd pair.
Looch at 50% retained for Heinen I'm also fine with. Looch is on the decline, but for 3 million and the off chance he could get back to 20 goals 25 assists with Krejci and Pasta, while adding size and toughness to our soft ass forward line up, I think would be good.

To be honest, I dont think the Oilers make that trade with us. RNH has been their 2nd best forward and Lucic is a PC guy.

My personal opinion is that it would not be wise to pay a 3rd line center $6m per.

Particularly a $6m center that has underperformed in regards to his current contract and will probably be looking for a raise on his next one.

Also, I don’t see EDM eating half of Lucic’s salary.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
My personal opinion is that it would not be wise to pay a 3rd line center $6m per.

Particularly a $6m center that has underperformed in regards to his current contract and will probably be looking for a raise on his next one.

Also, I don’t see EDM eating half of Lucic’s salary.

Again, I just think we're two forwards away, a 3C and a power forward from taking the next step.
I just can't stomach the Heinen lovers and how he's untouchable right now.
The guy had:
14 pts in Feb-Mar-Apr or his final 33 games last season
1 pt in 9 playoff games
1 pt in his first 6 games this season
Doesn't scream superstar to me. 27 point clip prorated over 82 games

Last edited:

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Again, I just think we're two forwards away, a 3C and a power forward from taking the next step.
The guy had:
1 pt in 9 playoff games
Doesn't scream superstar to me.

I am probably the king of the “Heinen lovers”, but never said he’s untouchable. I’m just against moving him for a guy two years older, that makes a ton more money, and produced in a similar fashion last year.

Why would you want a team you root for to do something stupid like that?

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
The guy had:
1 pt in 9 playoff games
Doesn't scream superstar to me. 27 point clip prorated over 82 games
But he's smart and plays a quietly effective game:sarcasm:

The problem is right now I don't think you would get anything useful for him. If you can get Anderson from Columbus the deal should be made ASAP or a similar player but I just don't see teams calling Sweeney looking for Heinen.

Once again Sweeney doing nothing this off season and expecting growth from Heinen, Donato and Bjork and one of Studnicka, JFK or Frederic to magically become the teams number three center were glaring mistakes, the only thing worse is doing nothing to fix the many holes on this team.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

RNH+Lucic (50% retained)
Krug +Heinen+Cehlarik

Marshy-Bergy-Bjork
Lucic-Krejci-Pasta
Debrusk-RNH-Donato
Nordstrom-Krayly-Wagner

Chara-Carlo
Moore-McAvoy
Gryz-Miller
Vaak

Does this deal include a time machine to go back 6 years when Lucic was still good?

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
But he's smart and plays a quietly effective game:sarcasm:

The problem is right now I don't think you would get anything useful for him. If you can get Anderson from Columbus the deal should be made ASAP or a similar player but I just don't see teams calling Sweeney looking for Heinen.

Once again Sweeney doing nothing this off season and expecting growth from Heinen, Donato and Bjork and one of Studnicka, JFK or Frederic to magically become the teams number three center were glaring mistakes, the only thing worse is doing nothing to fix the many holes on this team.

Wow, Sweeney out in left field for expecting growth from three young players who played at the NHL level last year...

Insane.

I agree to an extent with the 3C. I don’t think magic had anything to do with it. He was hoping that one of those kids would step up. Sweeney also seemed to be ok with Kuraly at 3C if the kids didn’t work out.

Reactions: FanSince72

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
But the B’s are soft.

Sweeeney should sign McGrattan.

Problems solved.
This is the problem with a select few posters on this site. People can't address our lack of size/toughness without being labeled as neanderthals or wanting McGrattan/Colton Orr/Ryan Reeves type guys. From the limited amount of quickly scanning through posts, I feel the guys who want to add size/toughness are talking about Josh Anderson, Wayne Simmonds, Jeff Carter, Bo Horvat type guys. Big forwards who play with an edge (maybe not Carter) but who can also score. You can't say size and toughness without getting made fun of on here, which is truly pathetic because that's what Bruins hockey has been all my life.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
This is the problem with a select few posters on this site. People can't address our lack of size/toughness without being labeled as neanderthals or wanting McGrattan/Colton Orr/Ryan Reeves type guys. From the limited amount of quickly scanning through posts, I feel the guys who want to add size/toughness are talking about Josh Anderson, Wayne Simmonds, Jeff Carter, Bo Horvat type guys. Big forwards who play with an edge (maybe not Carter) but who can also score. You can't say size and toughness without getting made fun of on here, which is truly pathetic because that's what Bruins hockey has been all my life.

I don't have an issue with you wanting size and toughness as much as it being Milan Lucic as your suggestion to be the guy that fills that role. He's literally a shell of his former self.

I also think the league is moving away from those types of guys, but I get why some folks want them. The problem is that most of those types that are playing a heavy game and contributing in the goal scoring department aren't usually available on the cheap.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Lol ya. I know when I’m looking at the forward group my first thought isn’t ‘yknow what would get Krejci going, Colton Orr’.

Admittedly, forwards that can play half assed physically and still have some skill are becoming hard to find. A guy like James Neal I thought would’ve been a good, inexpensive type of player the Bruins could’ve used.

A guy with a bit of grease and high elbows in his game. That can park in front of the net and actually have the hands to tip something.

I think the D is fine really. Even once Chara and Krug are gone they have enough skill/size to just do their jobs.

The forward group though, particularly the top 6 really needs an upgrade with size.

Might have to draft it though. Or overpay in a trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad