Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Seems Islanders really didn’t give him a shot in training camp after signing him to 2.5 million a year

Really weird and not sure really what happen with him and NYI

but I’ll take one of the best producers in the KHL of the last 5 years for free and see what he can do in Providence

There's no risk to this move.

Found an article that says a lot of his KHL production was because of his line-mates.

New York Islanders: How Jan Kovar Can Be Successful on the Second Line

Bottom line, can he skate well enough to play in the NHL? I have no idea I've never seen him play.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Really strange that the Islanders wouldn't give him a legitimate chance after signing him to that deal though. 2.5M is pretty decent change for a guy who hadn't ever played in the NHL. I really like the move though. I wanted the Bruins to give him a look after finding out he was coming over, but certainly not at that price. Hopefully he plays well for Providence.

Reactions: Mainehockey33

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Ryan Spooner has 5 points in his last 20 games with the Rangers. That's a 0.25 PPG ..... Screams 3rd liner to me!

Backes really isn’t much better with 11 points in his last 37 games including playoffs. If you don’t count empty net points he’s at 10 points in his last 37 games.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
They both would be below average 3rd line options.

Management should give backes until the end of the road trip to start producing. If he doesn’t, it’s time to replace him on the power play and time to call up either jfk or frederic. I refuse to believe those two guys can’t do better considering the quality of competition backes is facing so far.

At this point I’m even ready for a third line of

Bjork-heinen-donato

Just going to try to avoid having heinen take as many defensive zone face offs as possible.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Wonder if we could pry away a guy like Carter or Stepan.

Imagine going Bergeron - Carter - Krejci down the middle. If you really wanted to, make Backes your #4C

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Kovar seems to have decent hands anyway, at least in this highlight package. Hard to tell how well he skates in it, though

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Wonder if we could pry away a guy like Carter or Stepan.

Imagine going Bergeron - Carter - Krejci down the middle. If you really wanted to, make Backes your #4C

Can't see the Kings giving Kovalchuk 3-years just to trade away Jeff Carter. They (like the Bruins) seemed to have gone all-in on a veteran core of players. Carter is still their 2nd best forward.

Stepan is an interesting name. But that contract (3 more years at 6.5 million per) is concerning.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Can't see the Kings giving Kovalchuk 3-years just to trade away Jeff Carter. They (like the Bruins) seemed to have gone all-in on a veteran core of players. Carter is still their 2nd best forward.

Stepan is an interesting name. But that contract (3 more years at 6.5 million per) is concerning.

Ya IDK if you could throw together a package around JFK & Heinen to entice LA.

As for Stepan, I think for the right type of package that ARZ would either retain or take on some cap.

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
Don't like the Kovar signing if he takes time away from JFK and Frederic. They should be your top 2 centers, top PP and top PK players

We need somebody right now for the third line, the kids arent ready and Backes isnt the solution. Kovar got an PTO. If he is showing promise then he will be up after a few games. If not he will be let go. Dont think he will block the kids.

Reactions: 13Hockey

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Keeping backes is also toxic. You want the red pill or blue pill?
Less painful keeping Backes (shorter term).

In my opinion Backes plays a solid defensive game so he’s at minimum an asset there despite his cap hit. I’m not sure what Lucic is great at these days. He was #1 in hits last season but Sweeney did go out and acquire the #2 guy in league for hits (Wagner). I don’t see a need whatsoever for Lucic on this Bruins team.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Don't like the Kovar signing if he takes time away from JFK and Frederic. They should be your top 2 centers, top PP and top PK players

There are other things to consider here Lou. Most importantly:

When was the last time an Alan Walsh client was signed by the Bruins.... at any level? Or even better.... When was the last time an Alan Walsh client signed with the Bruins... at any level?

Let that sink in for a minute. I know you'll get it.

The fact that Walsh is involved is more important then the signing itself.

Reactions: BruinsNetwork

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
I like it,hopefully lights a fire on a few of them that still have the demoted blues

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

When was the last time an Alan Walsh client was signed by the Bruins.... at any level? Or even better.... When was the last time an Alan Walsh client signed with the Bruins... at any level?

always thinking my friend, always thinking! fair deal for JDB and get DK46 to waive his nmc…

haha

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta

I don't think he'll take away PP/PK time from those guys long term. The Bruins need a 3rd line center option and want to see if Kovar can be that guy. And Kovar has already shown that he has no desire to spend time in the AHL. So either he'll have immediate success in the AHL and the B's sign him and make him the 3rd line center or he goes back to Europe.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

Jaro Halak still a Walsh guy?

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston

Edit*

Do B’s have Walsh guys?

Just looked
Debrusk
Krejci
Halak
Senyshyn
Zbroil
Koko

Last edited:

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Were in this pickle because JFK didn't develop what a bummer this is. Donny bet the house on him and lost. Backes signing also blew up on his face. Nash trade not Donny fault due to concussion otherwise he would be here. It's just bad luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad