Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposal IX- Mod in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I`ll respectfully disagree, the C position is absolutely vital in this NHL. The biggest issue the B`s have had is the rotation of mediocre 3rd line C right now. You place a guy like Schenn in this example, in a 3rd line role as the C, a guy who has, up to this putrid season for the Blues been a lock for minimum 50pts, plays with toughness, plays smart in all 3 zones, you won`t convince me that wouldn`t go a long way to improve the club

Now, won`t disagree having a winger with a nose for the net wouldn`t fill a need either, but filling the 3c position is a far greater need IMO

Strength in goal - check
Strength on the blue line - check
Strength down the middle - work in progress

Reactions: sleepyh and JRull86

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
To Devils: Zboril, Cehlarik, Blidh
To Bruins: Wood

To CBJ: Heinen, Backes, McAvoy, Rask
To Bruins: Panarin, Anderson, Bobrovski

To Oilers: Krug, JFK, Donato
To Bruins: RHN, Puljujarvi

Bruins lineup after trades

Marchand Bergeron Pasta
Debrusk Krejci Panarin
Wood RHN Anderson
Wagner Kuraly Acciari/Nordstrom

Chara Carlo
Grz Miller
Vaaka Moore

Halak
Bobrovski

* Panarin agrees to 8 year deal at 9 million per season

Looks like a lineup that could contend for the cup

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Okay so a lot of this makes sense, especially the JFK piece. Why else is he playing 2RW yesterday? He looked awful. And I know Donato has been close to useless too, but why put JFK there? It really felt weird to me and I did think maybe it could have been a showcase. Only trick there is that I see a little in JFK that I like, but it's at the center spot for sure. If that was a showcase I think it hurt them more than it helped.

Tired argument between us but yeah, Sweeney has "inventory". The questions are a) is that inventory really any good? and b) is he willing/able to move it for a quality piece?

Schenn makes sense to me because he can play 2nd line wing and 3c. He's like the perfect option in that regard. However if he plays 3C you'd still need a good top 6 winger for Krejci as Donato, Heinen, etc. aren't cutting it. They simply aren't there yet and won't be this year. Unless this year doesn't matter.
Agreed, I'd like to see both gaps filled but if they can start with Schenn and then worry about 2 rw they're miles ahead of where they are now. Fill one (IMO) and the other will follow.

Last edited:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Strength in goal - check

No argument here Dom, Riley Nash was far from flashy and while I don`t think he`ll ever duplicate offensively what he produced last year, what he did bring was a stabling affect on the 3rd, consistent shift in and out. I haven`t the faintest idea if a player like Schenn could be had and he may not cure all that may ail the B`s but he`d be one helluva upgrade on what this team currently has available

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
That's preposterous.

McAvoy is a future franchise D, who just turned 21. You don't trade those pieces for players like Tarasenko, who I like a lot mind you.

Blues make that deal immediately, and laugh all the way to the bank.

its a trade thread, and for elite scorers you have to pay, and I'm not convinced of Mcavoys durability yet. back to Schenn, you don't have to pay that much to get a 3C

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Strength in goal - check
Exactly how I feel.

We all talk about RW2 as their biggest position of need, and while it definitely is an area that needs to be addressed, C3 has been an issue as well.

Hypothetically they grab Schenn without a roster piece coming off the board.

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
DeBrusk - Krjeci - Heinen/Donato
Heinen/Donato - Schenn - Backes
Nordstrom - Kuraly - Wagner
Acciari

That looks a hell of a lot better than the current form.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
No argument here Dom, Riley Nash was far from flashy and while I don`t think he`ll ever duplicate offensively what he produced last year, what he did bring was a stabling affect on the 3rd, consistent shift in and out. I haven`t the faintest idea if a player like Schenn could be had and he may not cure all that may ail the B`s but he`d be one helluva upgrade on what this team currently has available

Re Schenn

I can only say this: A handful of teams have made inquiries/had preliminary talks.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Joe, what did I miss regarding Woods availability? Thanks,

No insider info, just common sense. Lou follows NJ and in talking to him, Woods is underperforming based on last year and based on the money he signed for.

NJ isn’t going anywhere this season. The B’s need more of a physical presence and have a number of players or prospects that NJ might find attractive (including Ryan Fitzgerald, son of current NJ AGM Tom Fitzgerald).

I can see a fit and believe Woods is far more likely to be available than Anderson, who has 14 goals and is headed towards a career high in that category.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I`ll respectfully disagree, the C position is absolutely vital in this NHL. The biggest issue the B`s have had is the rotation of mediocre 3rd line C right now. You place a guy like Schenn in this example, in a 3rd line role as the C, a guy who has, up to this putrid season for the Blues been a lock for minimum 50pts, plays with toughness, plays smart in all 3 zones, you won`t convince me that wouldn`t go a long way to improve the club

Now, won`t disagree having a winger with a nose for the net wouldn`t fill a need either, but filling the 3c position is a far greater need IMO, you move McAvoy, you`ll get roasted for years to come

A 3C will certainly help the depth of the team. I didnt mind just letting JFK develop in that spot. I think in the playoffs though the Bruins will suffer from lack of goal scoring, something a top 6 winger can help with. I don't think the Bruins have a chance at getting Tarasenko but getting him would transform the top 6 bc of his elite skillset

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
A 3C will certainly help the depth of the team. I didnt mind just letting JFK develop in that spot. I think in the playoff though the Bruins will suffer from lack of goal scoring, something a top 6 winger can help with. I don't think the Bruins have a chance at getting Tarasenko but getting him mould transform the top 6

There`s little doubt an addition of a Tarasenko would be a boom HOWEVER, all is driven by the C position for the most part, the acquistion alone of a Tarasenko, IMO, does not benefit the B`s nearly as much as getting a bonafide C-man to finally solidify and stabilize a terribly concerning black hole this team has right now. Schenn isn`t a guy who needs to be the focus offensively, he`d slide seemlessly into a 3rd line C, still get his minutes.

I could see a guy like him, with a player like Heinen causing real issues for opponents.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Wouldn't a guy like Schenn get one of the competing teams to go the extra mile to get him? He fills multiple roles, plays with an edge, is signed through next season. Have to imagine a fair amount of teams line up for that, and again, do we really see Boston winning in that scenario? Take aside my feelings about Sweeney's appetite/ability in that area, does he have the horses?

Personally I happily move JFK, Donato or Heinen without losing a second of sleep. Probably feel the same about all the D prospects aside from UV as well. But a bigger centerpiece, or a 1st rounder on top? Tough pill to swallow. And hard to believe a good playoff team isn't willing to beat a package centered around one of our struggling young forwards.

Somebody lay out an offer that StL would likely accept that doesn't seem too painful to do.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
No insider info, just common sense. Lou follows NJ and in talking to him, Woods is underperforming based on last year and based on the money he signed for.

NJ isn’t going anywhere this season. The B’s need more of a physical presence and have a number of players or prospects that NJ might find attractive (including Ryan Fitzgerald, son of current NJ AGM Tom Fitzgerald).

I can see a fit and believe Woods is far more likely to be available than Anderson, who has 14 goals and is headed towards a career high in that category.

I think they'll be patient with Woods. He's still early in his progression as a player to wait it out.

Reactions: Strafer

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
A 3C will certainly help the depth of the team. I didnt mind just letting JFK develop in that spot. I think in the playoffs though the Bruins will suffer from lack of goal scoring, something a top 6 winger can help with. I don't think the Bruins have a chance at getting Tarasenko but getting him would transform the top 6 bc of his elite skillset
I will say getting Tarasenko certainly would give them two top tier lines, and would hopefully stop the total reliance on the Bergeron line and PP to score.

I just don't think it's worth giving up a McAvoy or DeBrusk to do that. McAvoy for reasons I've already said, and DeBrusk since you're creating a hole to plug another, and he absolutely has 30G potential in his future.

If they could make it work with a lesser pro player, futures and a blue chip like Vaak, I'd absolutely do it.

Reactions: KrejciMVP

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
You have been attending the World Juniors in Victoria have you not?

Pay less attention to what's happening on the ice.

You know how much I paid for my tickets Dom? Now you want me to watch the one ice play less? Well, with Sweden and Finland playing here in Victoria, the "scenery" in the crowd alone has been distracting prompting my beautiful wife to say she felt like she was at a beauty pageant.

The fans here have fallen in love with the Kazakhstan`s, I have only attended one game with them involved and it was a blast but I`ll take your advice, last chance for me to do so this evening as I`ll be catching the USA/CZE game

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Wouldn't a guy like Schenn get one of the competing teams to go the extra mile to get him? He fills multiple roles, plays with an edge, is signed through next season. Have to imagine a fair amount of teams line up for that, and again, do we really see Boston winning in that scenario? Take aside my feelings about Sweeney's appetite/ability in that area, does he have the horses?

Personally I happily move JFK, Donato or Heinen without losing a second of sleep. Probably feel the same about all the D prospects aside from UV as well. But a bigger centerpiece, or a 1st rounder on top? Tough pill to swallow. And hard to believe a good playoff team isn't willing to beat a package centered around one of our struggling young forwards.

Somebody lay out an offer that StL would likely accept that doesn't seem too painful to do.

I`d move JFK and/or Donato, I know I`m biased as a Heinen guy but I can envision watching him in another jersey and fans here screaming about the one that got away, don`t see that with the first two I mentioned.

Reactions: Strafer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad