Confirmed with Link: Bruins trade Jordan Caron for Max Talbot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinsfolife

Dec 3, 2005
Montreal
Our 4th line this year to start was

Paille (1.3) Campbell (1.6) Gagne (600) = 3.5 million

Next year it will be

AHL guy (600-800k) Talbot (875k) Ferlin (800k) =2.5 million roughly

So it was a good move this year and for next our 4th line will be cheaper and better

How can you be so sure that Paille and Campbell will be gone. To me Campbell and Paille have played somewhat subpar, especially Paille and they may be UFAs but how can you be so sure they may not retain at least one of them?

vjcsmoke

Jun 29, 2011
How can you be so sure that Paille and Campbell will be gone. To me Campbell and Paille have played somewhat subpar, especially Paille and they may be UFAs but how can you be so sure they may not retain at least one of them?

You mean pay them double their current salaries to stay and give them NMCs? God I sure hope not!! That's the kind of crap that got them into this cap crunch in the first place!

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston

Just assuming unless they both wanna take 50% paycuts I think as much as everyone hates Chiarelli his priorities will be trying to resign- Hamilton, Krug, Smith, Connolly, Spooner, Soderberg, Miller, Lucic, Bartowski, and Mcquaid before Paille and Campbell especially when we will already have Ferlin and Talbot under contract next year for the 4th line at under 900K each.

Lucic and Chong

Mar 11, 2010
For anyone interested, here's a more in depth look at the Talbot/Carey for Caron Trade,

http://overtimesportsnation.com/bruin-swap-caron-for-talbot/

OMG! Talbot was drafted in the 8th round. That round doesn't even exist anymore! Chia got hosed!!

But seriously, I cannot count the amount of times I've read here that Caron HAS to be traded for anything, anything at all. Then Chiarelli uses Caron to get a guy who has a memorable cup pedigree to help out right now and people still complain.

Then, he even locked in the salary for next year, which prevents him from over paying for his binky veteran 4th C in UFA like he would have anyway after parting ways with Campbell next summer.

It's really slanted to look at this as a cap problem for next year. I think Talbot will be psyched to be getting in the playoffs and could fit in really well on the Bs. Happy to have him against the Habs.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Just assuming unless they both wanna take 50% paycuts I think as much as everyone hates Chiarelli his priorities will be trying to resign- Hamilton, Krug, Smith, Connolly, Spooner, Soderberg, Miller, Lucic, Bartowski, and Mcquaid before Paille and Campbell especially when we will already have Ferlin and Talbot under contract next year for the 4th line at under 900K each.

I hope Chia doesn't bring back Paille or Campbell if they offer to play for free.

I can see him trying to retain Bartkowski but after the way he has been treated by Julien (healthy scratched for months on end) I can't see him wanting any part of coming back to Boston. And if he plays a Top-4 role now and through the playoffs you(and his agent) can be sure some other team will be interested in his services.

Bruinsfolife

Dec 3, 2005
Montreal

Ahh, makes sense.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Secretly hope he fails? We're only going to pay half his salary and he can't be any worse than Caron who went pointless for how many games in a row?

From the steaming pile of dung that is Jordan Caron, it would be really, really hard to downgrade! So cheer up! Ooops, you weren't a big Caron fan now, were you? :naughty:

Glad Caron is gone, I had bought into the new, young, speedy, skilled, tough 4th line we were supposed to have this season. Or easily could have had next season.

Now it'll probably be Paille-Talbot-Ferlin/Florek/Kelly

Talbot himself is barely a 20 point 4th liner now, so after Chiarelli went after him I'll actually be surprised if he lets both Campbell and Paille go and doesn't keep one of them.

ksp1957

Apr 11, 2006
South Shore

It'll end up being Paille-Campbell-Talbot for the all-purpose line.

Oh, crap, I just had flashbacks to Mowers-Primeau-Donovan. :cry:

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
OMG! Talbot was drafted in the 8th round. That round doesn't even exist anymore! Chia got hosed!!

But seriously, I cannot count the amount of times I've read here that Caron HAS to be traded for anything, anything at all. Then Chiarelli uses Caron to get a guy who has a memorable cup pedigree to help out right now and people still complain.

Then, he even locked in the salary for next year, which prevents him from over paying for his binky veteran 4th C in UFA like he would have anyway after parting ways with Campbell next summer.

It's really slanted to look at this as a cap problem for next year. I think Talbot will be psyched to be getting in the playoffs and could fit in really well on the Bs. Happy to have him against the Habs.

excellent post

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008

Campbell has looked cooked.

Paille is same old Paille, somehow with worse hands (is that even possible for him?), but I think he's still effective as a 4th line/PKer.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Talk about outhouse to the penthouse...

Back in the day, Caron was playing with Bergeron (and used similarly to how Marchand was afterwards). He looked very promising.

Somehow he regressed here, for whatever reason, year after year.

At times kid looked like he got it. And he was going to be something. More often than not, afterwards he didn't, but if he can some how rekindle that small flair he started off with, he's a great reclamation project.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Talbot arriving tonight. Bergy: "we've known each other from junior days...definitely a great addition for us, great to have him with us"

Did they play together on the QMJHL?

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Talbot arriving tonight. Bergy: "we've known each other from junior days...definitely a great addition for us, great to have him with us"

Did they play together on the QMJHL?

nope, Talbot played for Hull and I "think" Rouyn - Noranda and Bergy with Acadie Bathurst but they did play pretty much at the same time

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
When Colorado played in Boston in October and a poster after attending the game posted the Avalanche would be a good spot for Caron based on depth and style. Who was that?

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
nope, Talbot played for Hull and I "think" Rouyn - Noranda and Bergy with Acadie Bathurst but they did play pretty much at the same time

Did they play on Team Canada at Worlds?

Talbot said he also knew Paille (Guelph and Team Canada) and Krug (not sure how lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad