Confirmed with Link: Bruins to Build New Practice Facility in Brighton

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=725651&navid=DL|BOS|home

B's Sign Letter of Intent for New Practice Facility
Tuesday, 07.08.2014 / 9:30 AM / News

BOSTON, MA – Boston Bruins President Cam Neely announced today, Tuesday, July 8, that the Bruins have signed a letter of intent for a long term-lease with Boston Landing, a mixed-used development in the Allston-Brighton neighborhood of Boston, to build a new professional standard hockey rink that will serve as the team’s practice facility.

“I am thrilled that we have found the Bruins a new practice home within the Boston city limits,†said Bruins Principal Charlie Jacobs. “Our goal is to set the industry standard in everything that we do, and we are confident that our new practice facility will do just that. As we enter the design phase of the project, we look forward to sharing details as they become available.â€

In addition to ice time, the agreement includes approximately 25,000 square feet of dedicated locker room, training and office space. Construction is estimated to begin in Spring 2015 with completion for Fall 2016. Elkus Manfredi Architects will do the design and John Moriarty & Associates will handle the construction.

“Since joining the Bruins in a front office capacity, a goal of mine has been to move the Bruins into a first-class practice facility and this agreement moves us closer to accomplishing that goal,†said Neely. “The vision that New Balance has for the Boston Landing project is exactly what we were looking for, and we are confident that through this partnership, we will build a facility that our entire organization will be proud of.â€

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
03-newbalance-headquarters-groundbreaking-elkus-manfredi-architects-boston-archpaper.jpg

leasing-img-callout.jpg

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Very much needed, looks awesome and a really good location.

Will make it a lot easier for the players who live in Boston and hopefully will improve our standards for free agents.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Boooooooooo

Growing up in Wilmington, that was what made me famous. sigh. :)

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
But where is this Fat Boy going to eat if there's no Sonic outside the facility?

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
Totally psyched when I first saw the headline(on the Herald website). It'll be easy to get to by car or transit(I'm a regular at Agganis Arena not far away), and will be a tremendous upgrade in every way. My ultimate dream was attaching a practice rink to the Garden, but this is still great news.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad