Bruins Things to Watch for in next week

thegodfather

Dec 6, 2005
Stratford, Ontario
Once this deal is ratified a few things to watch for and actually one this afternoon.

1. What players get pulled from lineups all over the AHL- Providence plays today and I can see Bourque for one still playing since they were off last night; but he is candidate number one to come to camp.

Who else? gets the nod....since Buffalo is looking like they are going to have an ahole element to their lineup (thank you Darcy:handclap:) McDermid also could be winging his way up 195. Not sure about defense- McQuaid is going to be delayed but they did sign Aaron Johnson for depth in the offseason.

Very interesting to what the Oklahoma City Barons (Oilers boys) looks like today

2. Thomas Watch....just think he plans on playing (no inside just the word he was part of conference calls during lockout- that shows alot)

Will he get dealt to Islanders or Columbus or could we keep him:)

3. Which if any Bruins is Waldo? Will they all show up on time. I'd say yes

4. Schedule- how many games against our division....super, super excited to see this baby & how are they going to do Training Camp

5. Columbus and Winnipeg- where are these boys going

no grudge from me

Dale just said Chara pulled from lineup today

oh, and dont forget to tip your bartender and waitresses extra (especially Jaci) to those eating around the Garden....

Is Winnipeg a miss type Dan?

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
What is going to be interesting is to see how the goalie situation all shakesdown...
Lots of ifs and potential here...

Thomas, Rask, Khudobin and Svedberg

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Curious to see what happens with Khokhlachev if they give him or look or if he goes to Windsor right away.

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
Once this deal is ratified a few things to watch for and actually one this afternoon.

1. What players get pulled from lineups all over the AHL- Providence plays today and I can see Bourque for one still playing since they were off last night; but he is candidate number one to come to camp.

Who else? gets the nod....since Buffalo is looking like they are going to have an ahole element to their lineup (thank you Darcy:handclap:) McDermid also could be winging his way up 195. Not sure about defense- McQuaid is going to be delayed but they did sign Aaron Johnson for depth in the offseason.

Very interesting to what the Oklahoma City Barons (Oilers boys) looks like today

2. Thomas Watch....just think he plans on playing (no inside just the word he was part of conference calls during lockout- that shows alot)

Will he get dealt to Islanders or Columbus or could we keep him:)

3. Which if any Bruins is Waldo? Will they all show up on time. I'd say yes

4. Schedule- how many games against our division....super, super excited to see this baby & how are they going to do Training Camp

5. Columbus and Winnipeg- where are these boys going

no grudge from me

Dale just said Chara pulled from lineup today

oh, and dont forget to tip your bartender and waitresses extra (especially Jaci) to those eating around the Garden....

Thank you for your fine contributions to the CBA threads.

Great to finally be reading a hockey-related post.

Will Timmy surprise us and show up for camp?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Thomas would have to have a better season then his already best season ever in hockey.

That Leaf lineup needs a lot of work. Playoff team with Thomas? Likely. but beyond that no way.

I'll make you a deal Dan.

You're coming in February correct?

IF Thomas decides to play and he ends up anywhere other than Toronto, I'll buy your game tickets, pay for your hotel, pay for dinner, your gas and never discuss hockey again :(

I'm going in March and looking forward to seeing you for ribs:laugh: beer and hockey....but I'm Chiarelli if I am moving him its to Islanders to reach floor

btw- did they do away with the bonuses counting so team like the Islanders could count towards Cap but not ACTUALLY after fork it over. I know the players had a problem with that- and they should. TT is logical if so because the Isles are below the floor I believe and could use a goalie

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I'm going in March and looking forward to seeing you for ribs:laugh: beer and hockey....but I'm Chiarelli if I am moving him its to Islanders to reach floor

btw- did they do away with the bonuses counting so team like the Islanders could count towards Cap but not ACTUALLY after fork it over. I know the players had a problem with that- and they should. TT is logical if so because the Isles are below the floor I believe and could use a goalie

Again, floor is $44 million this year. Every team is at the floor regardless of bonuses

misterjaggers

Sep 7, 2003
The Duke City
What style goaltender meshes with a porus defense? A porus style?

I think the Bruins tend to yield fewer second and third opportunities due to the quality of our defensemen and overall commitment to Defense. Thomas' style of coming way out of the crease and aggressively over committing on the first shot could be more easily exploited if the Defense was less talented and committed than the Bruins'. In contrast, a goalie with a contained style like Henrik Lundqvist (for example) stays closer to the crease and hence is better positioned to deal with follow on opportunities.

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
1. Can Rask with his injury woes of last year carry the #1 load in a condensed schedule?

2. With McQuaid's health in question, the Bruins defence after the front 4 looks suspect.

3. Has Horton fully recovered from his concussion?

4. Are the Bruins who stayed home while locked out going to be subject to a rash of groin and hamstring injuries?

Rookie Chargers

Sep 17, 2005
Quebec
After having watched Subban now I'm very confident in saying that he won't see a Boston net for at least 3 or 4 years.

Not ready yet.

With the team in front of him playing proper defense it becomes 2 years. He would still not make it for a team of mine before 4 years unless it is under extra-ordinary circumstances.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I kinda hope Tim Thomas comes back. He had enough time off during the lockout. We need all the wins we can get in a short season. Come on Timmy one last ride!

Just started reading the thread, so forgive if it's been addressed: DKH & others "in the know" -- is there any possibility that Tim might return to the B's?

Any info appreciated,

GH

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
What kind of shape is Adam McQuaid in? Is he ready to go now?

He's slowly improving, but no, he's not ready.

On Thursday McQuaid was skating locally with NHL locals Shawn Thornton, Tuukka Rask, Keith Yandle, Ryan Whitney, Brian Boyle and Jay Pandalfo among other out-of-work hockey players.

He’s also graduated from skating on his own at one end of the rink to getting involved in games of shinny with the rest of the players and even snapping off a shot while the players are running through drills. That’s a long way from the multiple surgeries needed three months ago, and that’s a very good thing.

Between those skating sessions and daily physical therapy McQuaid is feeling better every day, and getting more hopeful that he’ll be able to return at some point this season.

“You just try something new every day and see how it feels, and so far it’s all been pretty good,†said McQuaid. “It’s about working on my strength and getting my legs back because I was off the ice for so long. But things have been pretty good so far.â€

http://www.csnne.com/hockey-boston-...ng-in-limited-cap?blockID=820121&feedID=10428

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
As of now, subject to usual "could change mind later" qualifiers, TIm Thomas is not interested in ending his self-imposed hockey exile.

Said to be content/happy living with his family in Colorado, Thomas not interested in fulfilling final contract yr with BOS/any other team.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Said to be content/happy living with his family in Colorado, Thomas not interested in fulfilling final contract yr with BOS/any other team.

+_2acc5a8841f8752904d37f90a8014829.png

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
Given we're at 68m with 23 guys on the pro roster, moving out TT's 5m gives some flexibility, but some $$ will likely be heading our way, to get it done. A questionable player/prospect and a pick likely gets it done. Guys like Kadri[rfa], Bozak[ufa], D'Amigo etc could be in play. I think Chiarelli targets a pick. TOR with a TT is a better club, thus the pick value drops.
We shall see.

Probably unrealistic, but I think it would be great if the Bruins could get a good young Toronto defenseman for Thomas. As a group they are better than the Toronto forwards.

TT could help save Burke's job. Should be worth something decent in return.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad