Bruins Things to Watch for in next week

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Once this deal is ratified a few things to watch for and actually one this afternoon.

1. What players get pulled from lineups all over the AHL- Providence plays today and I can see Bourque for one still playing since they were off last night; but he is candidate number one to come to camp.

Who else? gets the nod....since Buffalo is looking like they are going to have an ahole element to their lineup (thank you Darcy:handclap:) McDermid also could be winging his way up 195. Not sure about defense- McQuaid is going to be delayed but they did sign Aaron Johnson for depth in the offseason.

Very interesting to what the Oklahoma City Barons (Oilers boys) looks like today

2. Thomas Watch....just think he plans on playing (no inside just the word he was part of conference calls during lockout- that shows alot)

Will he get dealt to Islanders or Columbus or could we keep him:)

3. Which if any Bruins is Waldo? Will they all show up on time. I'd say yes

4. Schedule- how many games against our division....super, super excited to see this baby & how are they going to do Training Camp

5. Columbus and Winnipeg- where are these boys going

no grudge from me

Dale just said Chara pulled from lineup today

oh, and dont forget to tip your bartender and waitresses extra (especially Jaci) to those eating around the Garden....

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Once this deal is ratified a few things to watch for and actually one this afternoon.

1. What players get pulled from lineups all over the AHL- Providence plays today and I can see Bourque for one still playing since they were off last night; but he is candidate number one to come to camp.

Who else? gets the nod....since Buffalo is looking like they are going to have an ahole element to their lineup (thank you Darcy:handclap:) McDermid also could be winging his way up 195. Not sure about defense- McQuaid is going to be delayed but they did sign Aaron Johnson for depth in the offseason.

Very interesting to what the Oklahoma City Barons (Oilers boys) looks like today

2. Thomas Watch....just think he plans on playing (no inside just the word he was part of conference calls during lockout- that shows alot)

4. Schedule- how many games against our division....super, super excited to see this baby & how are they going to do Training Camp

no grudge from me

oh, and dont forget to tip your bartender and waitresses extra (especially Jaci) to those eating around the Garden....

Thx for those contributions oh and don`t forget to tip your bartenders and waiters here in Halifax either;)

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Anxious to see what happens with Thomas. Feel like he can't possibly come back to Boston, but he really is such an amazing goalie that if he wanted to bury the hatchet, would it be stupid not to?
At the same time I would feel bad for khodobin who deserves a shot. Guess her could just stay in khl. Doing pretty good there

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

no grudge from me

Try and tip the folks at the Garden that pour your beer or hand you popcorn. Yeah the stuff is way over priced but the people working there have lost half a season of wages after loosing half last year due to basketball.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Another point ..

Nathan Horton will have had almost 1 full year off from hockey. Excited to see him back and the bromance renewed!

yes- and one thing about Horton I always thought is he is supremely talented but can be a bit streaky in performance (I know this because put a Canuck or Phaneuf out there and he is a player possessed and plays eons harder)- but I have a feeling if the concussion history is behind him he could have a monstah year.

Horton to me is easily the most intriguing guy to watch. He is what 27? and should be entering his prime as a 30/70 goal/point guy.

Really pumped for him to be very good

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Try and tip the folks at the Garden that pour your beer or hand you popcorn. Yeah the stuff is way over priced but the people working there have lost half a season of wages after loosing half last year due to basketball.

I vowed to not drink beer there this year but I cant figure out how to tip them otherwise so I'm only going to have 1 Black and Tan and leave a great tip

BeantownBoy

Jun 6, 2010
I kinda hope Tim Thomas comes back. He had enough time off during the lockout. We need all the wins we can get in a short season. Come on Timmy one last ride!

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Also have to say I'm very happy that Bruins players for ther most part kept their mouths shut during this whole ridiculousness. Some players around the league I'd have a hard time rooting for. Only krejci made some foolish comments but he quickly recanted.

PepeBostones

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2002
Thanks guys for keeping us updated on different scenarios during this awful time. I am so excited to get going again and how the Bruins will turn out in such a short season.

I wonder how many guys they will invite for such a short training camp? Think we are pretty well set up and it's looking pretty good. I'm sure some Providence Bruins players will get a chance and actually may look very good since they are in midseason form. But most guys have played more or less nearly as much. Think of the success Seguin and Bergeron has had.

Patrice has now won everything there is to win in hockey and he's only 27 and should lead this team for many years. Along with Chara, he'll sure look for nothing but 110% work comittment from to-be-superstar Tyler and Milan, Brad Marchand, Horton and to the most players included Doug Hamilton, Ryan Spooner etc....

For what it's worth I was a little bit disappointed in Hamilton's play in World Jrs but the more excited and impressed by Tony Camara.

On a note: When Bruins talk about prospects, many are mentioned as possible future NHL'ers but the name of LW Max Sauve has totally disappeared. He is one of the best, but something aside of his history of injuries must be of concern. I can't see Jordan Caron as a better player....Anybody....Let's go for it Bruins

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
TSNBobMcKenzie: Some of teams that don't intend to have junior-age prospects in camp: NYR, DET, STL, NSH, WSH, CGY.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

IF he actually decides he wants to play: Toronto

Islanders and Columbus came up a lot to reach the cap floor. Every team is already at the new $44 million cap floor

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
I'm with Dom... Thomas ends up in TOR if he decides to play. A much cheaper alternative than the tire pumper in VAN.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
IF he actually decides he wants to play: Toronto

Islanders and Columbus came up a lot to reach the cap floor. Every team is already at the new $44 million cap floor

I know Burke would love him on a one year and the logical place next year is Toronto:help: but I don't like this guy going there....or wait, what the heck am I thinking....from entertainment yes, but not the most instrumental guy in the best season I've ever seen. Heck, my Stanley Cup stuff isnt even worn out yet.

I tell Burke if I trade him there I want conditionals all over the place if they make the playoffs.

this will be fascinating to watch and see if he plans on honoring his contract

also, Khokhlachev???? can he come to camp and where does he end up otherwise- he looked pretty good to me and should be in game ready shape

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I'm with Dom... Thomas ends up in TOR if he decides to play. A much cheaper alternative than the tire pumper in VAN.

Randy, you be Chiarelli- for what? You want to play a rested and motivated TT 6 or 7 times:amazed:

Its great theatre but can you imagine if turns in a Vezina type year....I do tho think he is headed there after this season- makes so much sense

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
I know Burke would love him on a one year and the logical place next year is Toronto:help: but I don't like this guy going there....or wait, what the heck am I thinking....from entertainment yes, but not the most instrumental guy in the best season I've ever seen. Heck, my Stanley Cup stuff isnt even worn out yet.

I tell Burke if I trade him there I want conditionals all over the place if they make the playoffs.

also, Khokhlachev???? can he come to camp and where does he end up otherwise- he looked pretty good to me and should be in game ready shape

Yes he can, OHL Windsor.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown

If he's got to go, I'd love to see Thomas in Toronto, especially if it means more early Toronto picks coming to Boston (got so used to em that the draft just didn't seem right last year). Conditionals on playoffs and resigning!

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
Randy, you be Chiarelli- for what? You want to play a rested and motivated TT 6 or 7 times:amazed:

Its great theatre but can you imagine if turns in a Vezina type year....I do tho think he is headed there after this season- makes so much sense

Given we're at 68m with 23 guys on the pro roster, moving out TT's 5m gives some flexibility, but some $$ will likely be heading our way, to get it done. A questionable player/prospect and a pick likely gets it done. Guys like Kadri[rfa], Bozak[ufa], D'Amigo etc could be in play. I think Chiarelli targets a pick. TOR with a TT is a better club, thus the pick value drops.
We shall see.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

Thomas would have to have a better season then his already best season ever in hockey.

That Leaf lineup needs a lot of work. Playoff team with Thomas? Likely. but beyond that no way.

I'll make you a deal Dan.

You're coming in February correct?

IF Thomas decides to play and he ends up anywhere other than Toronto, I'll buy your game tickets, pay for your hotel, pay for dinner, your gas and never discuss hockey again :(

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
if Thomas decides to play, why wouldn't the Bruins just let him finish out his contract? Even if he splits the load with Rask or backs him up, he'd still be good to have around and why risk having to face him?

DOGSTARMAN

Aug 1, 2005
With Mcquaid dinged and Hamilton young and not a lot of exciting defense depth in Providence I would need to see a serviceable NHL defenseman coming back in a Thomas trade. Does not have to be a star. Best case for TT trade would be a decent draft pick or prospect and a reliable #4 or 5 type dman. Or just a #3 dman straight up. Of course I'd like more but it seems unrealistic.

DOGSTARMAN

Aug 1, 2005
And yes if TT would play for Boston this year my first choice is to have him here. This season will be a wide open sprint with an intact and mostly healthy roster and I would go for it as much as possible. With TT in hand this will be the most stacked Bruins lineup for the next few years

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad