Bruins Things to Watch for in next week

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
And yes if TT would play for Boston this year my first choice is to have him here. This season will be a wide open sprint with an intact and mostly healthy roster and I would go for it as much as possible. With TT in hand this will be the most stacked Bruins lineup for the next few years

That's assuming Thomas is in tip-top shape and ready to face NHL shooters right off the get-go. Is he?

ronwm

Aug 4, 2010
(South of) Boston
Im surprised one of the things to watch out for was some sort of Jack Edwards Tea Party inspired lockout monologue.

He'll have something in the works....so far I like his start...

Jack Edwards ‏@RealJackEdwards
Tortoise race ends. Let the condescending and insincere flattery of hockey fans begin! How about painting "WE'RE SORRY!" at each blue line?

Squirrell71

Offensive
Mar 24, 2011
Vermont
if Thomas decides to play, why wouldn't the Bruins just let him finish out his contract? Even if he splits the load with Rask or backs him up, he'd still be good to have around and why risk having to face him?

THIS^ If you must trade him, you surely don't trade him within the division. Especially on a shortened year, he'll dominate IMO

Rookie Chargers

Sep 17, 2005
Quebec
With Mcquaid dinged and Hamilton young and not a lot of exciting defense depth in Providence I would need to see a serviceable NHL defenseman coming back in a Thomas trade. Does not have to be a star. Best case for TT trade would be a decent draft pick or prospect and a reliable #4 or 5 type dman. Or just a #3 dman straight up. Of course I'd like more but it seems unrealistic.

Is Franson still a Leaf? :laugh:

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
That's assuming Thomas is in tip-top shape and ready to face NHL shooters right off the get-go. Is he?

I think that's a big question mark - we have heard of many players staying in shape. But not Thomas. You can do a lot in a gym, he can do his yoga, but has he been in net at all taking shots?

DOGSTARMAN

Aug 1, 2005
Doesn't really belong in this thread, but kinda and so what here is is.

Kypreos says that the 2 compliance buyouts can be used over the next 2 summers (or in the same summer). He has been wrong about details lately, so take it with a grain of salt for now.

But that's pretty huge for the Bruins. Gives them a lot more flexibility to evaluate the slew of new deals they signed in the past 12 months and also flexibility with guys like Horton. Since the Bruins are in the fairly unique position of not having any obvious big contract problems to solve, yet they are up around the cap limit, the extra summer of breathing room to mull things over is of real value.

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
I think that's a big question mark - we have heard of many players staying in shape. But not Thomas. You can do a lot in a gym, he can do his yoga, but has he been in net at all taking shots?

He's not coming back. The team decided, well before Thomas start to make his controversial statements, that they would go with Rask as their #1. I wonder why people are still on that story. If Thomas really wanted to comeback, he wouldn't have put the team in a bad situation saying " on the record " that he was taking a year off. By doing so, he simply killed all his trade value with all the consequences who come with it...

dafoomie

Jul 22, 2005
Boston
From everything we have heard over the past 8 months or so, I think it would take A LOT of fence-mending for Thomas to play in Boston.
That's not the impression I have, I think some of you guys took things way more seriously than the team or any of the players ever did.

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
Man I hope Thomas doesn't play for Toronto... That would feel and look very very very weird.

Toronto??? I'm sure Burke would be Ecstatic to have a guy like Thomas on his team with the comments he made regarding gay marriage...

Ribosome

Nov 29, 2008
Boston
Thomas to Toronto, Subban to Boston.
Talk about rivalries.

Thomas is worth about half as much as Subban. Boston would have to add a lot more to that deal.

Edit: just read that over, not sure what you're talking about. I thought you meant a straight up trade with mtl and bos. Sorry hah

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
Thomas is worth about half as much as Subban. Boston would have to add a lot more to that deal.

Montreal will have two buyouts to help them to fit Subban under their cap. He's not going anywhere,IMHO.

BruinsPortugal

Dec 3, 2009
Portugal

Edit: just read that over, not sure what you're talking about. I thought you meant a straight up trade with mtl and bos. Sorry hah

Subban is an RFA. Im sure he'll sign as soon as the CBA is signed but a man can dream :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad