Speculation: Bruins Talk Radio/Lunatic Fringe Radio to return?? Who will help me plant the wheat??

mattbnh

Apr 26, 2004
New Hampster
I'll be glad to help. Glad to see you back on the horse.

I am a tech writer by profession, so at the least I can edit and wordsmith written stuff.

I tuned in to the old show a few times and it was always lively, and given the way the Bruins played last season, I always had plenty of steam to let off. Hoping for better next season, but still not convinced.

It is great the number of ideas folks have thrown into this thread.
Having a website and an ability to listen to the previous shows via streaming would be a good feature. Or at least clips.

Bruins Uncensored

frmrly Scotiahockey
Feb 16, 2003
Nova Scotia
I'll be glad to help. Glad to see you back on the horse.

I am a tech writer by profession, so at the least I can edit and wordsmith written stuff.

I tuned in to the old show a few times and it was always lively, and given the way the Bruins played last season, I always had plenty of steam to let off. Hoping for better next season, but still not convinced.

It is great the number of ideas folks have thrown into this thread.
Having a website and an ability to listen to the previous shows via streaming would be a good feature. Or at least clips.

We have a widget that will be on the site that will link to past episodes, streaming or for download. I am looking for an editor in chief for the blog and the writers, but i warn, its a BIG job.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
I've decided to try and get to 15-20 Royals games. Any suggestions/requests for players to try and get a look at? I will try and give a very amateur scouting report for the show

Mad Dr Pepper

Jun 28, 2015
Quebec
Dayum, seems really cool !

I already have enough to wait for the season to start, now I have to wait for that also ?!?

Good luck !! :thumbu:

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I'm not sure about video editing, maybe for the website/blog it would be useful. we definitely need audio editing, for show intros, segment intros and sound effects for board.

Do you have any expertise there?

I'd be more than happy to contribute any way I can. I wasn't aware of the show the last time it was around, but did volunteer when Mr. Make Believe suggested something similar a few months back.

If you need contributors for a round table discussion, or someone to call in, I'll be happy to do so.

I can also add to whatever blog posts are going on. I tend to be non-confrontational, but can write something in a manner so as to spur controversy/discussion (kinda like the goon that's really a teddy bear off the ice ;) ).

There's lots of royalty-free music out there, but if you need bumper music of any sort, I'd gladly try my hand at it; and of course everything would be donated and free. Most of the music I do is on the mellow side, but I am familiar with music more akin to hockey.

Sound effects and audio editing aren't my forte, and part of that is I'm on an old computer. Long story short - I have Pro Tools 8 (the current version is Pro Tools 12). Even though it's old, I'm very happy with my software and hardware. Upgrading my computer would require upgrading my software and hardware, which isn't cheap.

I know at this stage, music is at the bottom of the list of concerns, but I'm just throwing it out that I'd like to help; or at least try my hand at it!

By the way - is the similar site for the Canadiens still up? I'd like to check it out to get some ideas.

And here's another suggestion if the goal for funds isn't met. Would streaming live post-game on YouTube work? That's free and from what I could tell, all you need is a verified YouTube account to do it: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2474026?hl=en

Bruins Uncensored

frmrly Scotiahockey
Feb 16, 2003
Nova Scotia
I'd be more than happy to contribute any way I can. I wasn't aware of the show the last time it was around, but did volunteer when Mr. Make Believe suggested something similar a few months back.

If you need contributors for a round table discussion, or someone to call in, I'll be happy to do so.

I can also add to whatever blog posts are going on. I tend to be non-confrontational, but can write something in a manner so as to spur controversy/discussion (kinda like the goon that's really a teddy bear off the ice ;) ).

There's lots of royalty-free music out there, but if you need bumper music of any sort, I'd gladly try my hand at it; and of course everything would be donated and free. Most of the music I do is on the mellow side, but I am familiar with music more akin to hockey.

Sound effects and audio editing aren't my forte, and part of that is I'm on an old computer. Long story short - I have Pro Tools 8 (the current version is Pro Tools 12). Even though it's old, I'm very happy with my software and hardware. Upgrading my computer would require upgrading my software and hardware, which isn't cheap.

I know at this stage, music is at the bottom of the list of concerns, but I'm just throwing it out that I'd like to help; or at least try my hand at it!

By the way - is the similar site for the Canadiens still up? I'd like to check it out to get some ideas.

And here's another suggestion if the goal for funds isn't met. Would streaming live post-game on YouTube work? That's free and from what I could tell, all you need is a verified YouTube account to do it: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2474026?hl=en

I'm going on vacation back to the homeland on Friday and I'll be back on the 18th of August and at that time I will be putting together a few planning meetings with the "inner circle" of guys behind the project and coming up with a few specific job titles.
I plan to fund the project personally if it comes to that, and we will be using BlogTalk, and have a Wordpress site, with one of the blog widgets integrated in it.

When i get back we will start things rolling a bit more focused to get ready for opening night.

Keep an eye on the thread and watch the new site going up and live between now and then.

Thanks!

Bruins Uncensored

frmrly Scotiahockey
Feb 16, 2003
Nova Scotia
That was awesome! The memory remains!!

Only $30 raised on the Kickstarter campaign so far!

C'mon boys and girls lets get this thing fully funded!

That was such a FUN night! the show ran on and on, and i remember regrettting turning it off hen i did. I sat in silence on my couch in Wilmington, DE and I think I might have cried a few tears! such a GREAT run!

I am not discouraged by the KS, and very thankful for the donations received. If it gets funded, AWESOME! if not, i'll get a second job. :)

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

Took my first toe in the twatter (I wonder if that it will get profanity filtered :laugh:). The Twitter waters.

@Scott_BUradio

We've got 35 days left to get this thing funded. Doing my best to stir up support. Not good at social media yet however.

Just want to say that the idea behind this project is not SouthParkian sports talk. But rather the ability to say what regular sports radio isn't allowed to. Honest, unfiltered, hard, fair and fanatical.

If you want to write articles when the site is up, we want your stuff. I know there are more than a few here who have written for other sites in the past. Jump on in.

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
Can we get an example of what we might hear that we can't hear on normal talk radio?

It's kinda like here when people like me are tempted, and often do, get into snipefests in reaction to posts like yours above. Only it's verbal, not written, so you get to match wit against wit extemporaneously, in real time, on the air, or match wit against half-wit, as the case may sometimes be.

Like when the new waitress at the new diner on Seinfeld asks Elaine what's a "big salad", the answer is: It's a salad. In a big bowl. With lots of stuff in it.

What The Puck

Future GM
Feb 12, 2014
Northeast
It's kinda like here when people like me are tempted, and often do, get into snipefests in reaction to posts like yours above. Only it's verbal, not written, so you get to match wit against wit extemporaneously, in real time, on the air, or match wit against half-wit, as the case may sometimes be.

Like when the new waitress at the new diner on Seinfeld asks Elaine what's a "big salad", the answer is: It's a salad. In a big bowl. With lots of stuff in it.

Right, but I would never use my intellectual advantage that way. I guess I'll just have to tune in.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Can we get an example of what we might hear that we can't hear on normal talk radio?

1. That there is no "agenda." We don't have to be team fluffers and we don't have to say dumb controversial BS in order to try to appease or rile a fanbase. There is no requirement to talk other sports, allowing us to focus on the Bruins, their affiliates and hockey in general.

2. If strong opinions are expressed, we expect them to be informed. If not, we have no issues calling those opinions out. There's no requirement for us to be polite about it either. Ignorance will be fun to illuminate. Informed debate on any side of an issue however is what I think many of us crave in our sports shows.

3. Being allowed to use profanity allows us to operate without the filter fastened on to regular broadcast media. Doesn't mean we'll go all Joe Pesci on air (although sometimes, I'm sure that will be warranted). But it does mean that we aren't pressured to "watch what we say", leading to a more honest kind of talk.

I think there are a lot of people here who feel as though they are smarter, more informed, better "hockey" folks than many of whom we hear cover the league as a profession. In some cases, they're right - in others, not so much. Bruins Uncensored Radio is talk rooted in the belief that the best of these people will yield the best in conversation. I fully believe it will get there if it is allowed the time and space it needs to grow.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

And just to add...........................what is said there, stays there..............

Thx.

Bruins Uncensored

frmrly Scotiahockey
Feb 16, 2003
Nova Scotia
Well said Scott. This is all very true.

On another note, we got another fantastic donation to the project last night and we are starting to see momentum build in hitting our goal.

I am excited to get this back on the air, and looking forward to our sometimes heated, and hilarious discussions and recaps.

Keep it rolling!!

Bruins Uncensored

frmrly Scotiahockey
Feb 16, 2003
Nova Scotia
For those who have been following this thread and project, I will be setting up a google hangout for NEXT sunday at 7pm EST. The purpose is for anyone interested in being part of the team that will bring the site, blog, and show to fruition to discuss and organize so we are ready to roll at the start of the season.

If you are interested in being part of this, please email me at [email protected]

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad