Speculation: Bruins Talk Radio/Lunatic Fringe Radio to return?? Who will help me plant the wheat??

Bruins Uncensored

frmrly Scotiahockey
Feb 16, 2003
Nova Scotia
Updates!

OK, so i have a few updates to offer.

I have been given a few great logos to get started with.

View attachment 84167

View attachment 84169

Would love feedback.

I got a twitter started, and i't going to need everyone's help to get up to a good following. please follow @BsUncensored and add us to any friend following strings!

I am going to launch a kickstarter campaign by the end of the week, so all of you who have expressed willingness to help out, you will have your chance. any ideas for rewards? I was thinking of making up hats and Tees, and offering advertising space on the website, and a contributors page, stuff like that.

I am going on a 10 week vacation starting the 8th of August, so things are going to have to move pretty fast when i get back.

oh, I do need someone who can toss up a website.. or at least a holding page.. like coming soon or something. I am just not at all talented in that area.

If this is going to get off the ground, I need as much help and support as I can get!

Dupell6

Jul 5, 2013
I would definitely be interested in contributing, I wouldn't be able to do it every game night but like playmakers I could definitely manage at least once a week. Let me know what you need help with

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I like this one - has the name, that way this stands out. You know from our PMs I am happy to chase sponsors.

I agree with flannelman. The text under the microphone is needed, otherwise it leaves the viewer wondering exactly the logo is representing.

Also, I went to school for graphic design so if you need any work in the future, feel free to shoot me a PM.

Bruins Uncensored

frmrly Scotiahockey
Feb 16, 2003
Nova Scotia
I agree with flannelman. The text under the microphone is needed, otherwise it leaves the viewer wondering exactly the logo is representing.

Also, I went to school for graphic design so if you need any work in the future, feel free to shoot me a PM.

Biggest need is webdesign. Of course part of that is graphical. I have the URL and space, but i have ZERO knowledge in web design.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
I've been meaning to get out to some Victoria Royals games, so maybe this season I could do that and occasionally contribute my impressions of some draft eligible guys. I am certainly no scout though.

TooMuchMan

Sep 29, 2010
Deep Space Nine
At this point, it seems it's not a matter of 'if' the show will return but 'with who' and 'in what format'. Obviously, giving generously to the kickstarter will further Bruins Uncensored's goals of providing a top-tier finished product.

Bruins Uncensored

frmrly Scotiahockey
Feb 16, 2003
Nova Scotia
The show is 95% a go at this point for the coming season.

I have had conversations with the team from the past iteration, and everyone to a man are interested in being part of the new, to varying degrees. I am also VERY excited to have had conversations with a few other, notable Bruins "experts" who will be making contribution, both on air and in writing.

we will start with a website, and a podcast and build a team of bloggers and contributors over time. The Kickstarter project will allow us to do a few things at the start that it will take time to implement otherwise, mostly with the web design and technology at launch.

My vision is that we are able to be a place where everyone can contribute articles, commentary, even be on the air. I would love to have pre game, post game, weekly recaps, prospect reports, around the league show.. to build a community of like minded, and even not so like minded Bruins fans.

the vision is there, and i have received tremendous feedback and support from people wanting to be involved and from the target demographic for the show.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I've already emailed Glenn, but three things I will commit to are 1) Updates on Zachary Senyshyn throughout the OHL season, 2) Some 2016 draft profiles and such, although my expertise is limited to the OHL, and 3) The Shark Tank

If you are confused about number three, if you were a member of this board a few years ago, you'll remember my updates and such in the Leafs Tank Thread - regarding the draft - so why not resurrect it for the Sharks this season? Since the Bruins owned the Leafs pick then and did well, it may be worth it for the Sharks pick in 2016.

Another I thought about doing is a weekly mailbag - but I'm not sure the site can be set up to accommodate that, so we'll let Glenn figure that out.

Bruins Uncensored

frmrly Scotiahockey
Feb 16, 2003
Nova Scotia
I've already emailed Glenn, but three things I will commit to are 1) Updates on Zachary Senyshyn throughout the OHL season, 2) Some 2016 draft profiles and such, although my expertise is limited to the OHL, and 3) The Shark Tank

If you are confused about number three, if you were a member of this board a few years ago, you'll remember my updates and such in the Leafs Tank Thread - regarding the draft - so why not resurrect it for the Sharks this season? Since the Bruins owned the Leafs pick then and did well, it may be worth it for the Sharks pick in 2016.

Another I thought about doing is a weekly mailbag - but I'm not sure the site can be set up to accommodate that, so we'll let Glenn figure that out.

I can get a mailbag feature up Dom. The interwebs and technolongies of the future are here today!

Thanks for chiming in!!, and for the commitmnet! Its going to be fun!!

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts

This is merely constructive criticism from someone who is not contributing anything other than his listenership. Think you can do better per the logo; something closer to the old, bold "Lunatic Fringe," obvious Bruins-centric logo. This seems a bit tepid.

Just an opinion. Good luck!

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
will I have the HF "ignore" feature available during the broadcast if I jump in or others have it available to them after I open my pie hole???

Just asking, I`d love to commit but so much is dependent upon the times of the broadcast

Bruins Uncensored

frmrly Scotiahockey
Feb 16, 2003
Nova Scotia
This is merely constructive criticism from someone who is not contributing anything other than his listenership. Think you can do better per the logo; something closer to the old, bold "Lunatic Fringe," obvious Bruins-centric logo. This seems a bit tepid.

Just an opinion. Good luck!

Appreciate the feedback Gord. I like the concept and am pleased with the first version of the logo. Not going to say it won't be tweaked over time.. but gotta start somewhere!

:)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad