Speculation: Bruins Talk Radio/Lunatic Fringe Radio to return?? Who will help me plant the wheat??

Bruins Uncensored

frmrly Scotiahockey
Feb 16, 2003
Nova Scotia
So, 3 or 4 of you Bruins fans may recall a few years back, that a few of the posters here got together and started a Post Game online radio show, completely amateur and born out of the fact that I had NO ONE to talk hockey with while I was living in Wilmington DE.

Anyway, we had a handful of listeners and a website, and we got the attention of a group from Montreal, and the Bruins won the Cup, and to keep a long story short, this group from Montreal invited us to adopt their format and use some of their established talent to make our show better. We jumped on it and ran the season after the cup win and actually had a lot of fun. It was good to be champs.

After the 11-12 season we have the strike and the show just kind of went away.

I don't think it is any coincidence that the Bruins haven't won a Cup since.

I moved from DE to Arizona, and while I have met numerous fans of the game, and Bruins fans here, I miss the guys fro the show, and the fans of the show who called in and contributed.

So i think it's time to bring it back.

It takes a village to raise a radio show though...

I am looking to see if this is actually a legit project, and realistic?

I need help to do it. I know some of the old talent is interested in returning, but if this is going down, i want it to go down for real.. and be GREAT!

Looking for help in the following areas:

1. Social Media Management
  2. Website Development
  3. On Air Talent
  4. Production Talent
  5. Writing- blogs, game reports, game previews, commentary etc..
  6. Business Development (think revenue generation)
  7. Technology
  8. Listeners and Readers!

All of these roles are extremely important for different reasons, but the one thing they would all have in common would be that they pay the same!! ;) Zilch!

I am positive that there will be lots of other things that we need, but my mission statement for this would be to bring uncensored Bruins related news, rumors, reporting to anyone who cares to pay attention!

If you have any interest in any of this, even just to encourage or (gasp) discourage this project, please respond below, or email me at [email protected]

What say you?

Last edited:

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

As you know, I tried to get my own off the ground... But it didn't work like I wanted it to.

I'm in for the full pound, dude. Whatever capacity you feel would be useful to ya. From writing, to financial assistance to creativity and idea brainstorming. Only things I'm useless at are recruiting and anything visual design. My equipment is better now, my head is MUCH better and I'm going to school for journalism in the fall, so I'm going to be writing all the time.

Whatever you need from me man. I'm all in 100%.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Im always in. I teach in a inner city school and will be taking grad classes this year, so I'll have a pretty full plate, but there is always time for things like this.

Possible areas I can help; on air commentary, social media, skills with visual arts, and im a strong writer

Looking forward to it!

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
It was a good podcast and I listened and called in frequently, I won't call anymore since my address changed from British Columbia to Moscow ;). Bruins probably won't have any KHL or Russian league prospects any time in the near future, if they do I'd be happy to watch them in person and give a scouting report.

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA
I'd definitely have interest in this. I know I did reach out to Scott in the past about his idea, showing interest, but I probably should have stepped up to the plate more and offered better support.

I'd have strong interest in a variety of areas, from on-air talent, social media management, writing, etc. I'll definitely reach out to you via e-mail in the near future, though.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
It's during hockey season, so I'll be on the road a lot with limited time.

But if/when possible Glenn, I would like to make an on air appearance.

And since I'll be keeping a close eye on Senyshyn this coming season, maybe write a monthly update for you.

Bruins Uncensored

frmrly Scotiahockey
Feb 16, 2003
Nova Scotia
AWESOME! on all fronts and thank you all for your replies.
the biggest need for me is someone who can build/manage a website.
It needs to have a blog, and be able to link to our live shows, and to our archives.

In the past we have used BLog Talk Radio, and it worked quite well. they have made many improvements, and have apps for iphones and androids making us reachable anywhere. I am thinking we can use a wordpress site, and host it wherever we decide, but i am so very green to all of that. I want to have a guy who we can just say, "hey we need this", i go to bed and wake up the next day and there it is! =-)

The next biggest need is for someone who can run the soundboard, Screen callers, be the man behind the scenes. In the past we have tried to have one of the on air guys di it, and we CAN do that, but it create a chop that i was never satisfied with. or at least create audio for us, and upload the files for use on whatever system we go with.

I want as many writers as we can find. I want game reports, columnists, bloggers etc. Would love to have bruins prospect reports (Dom and Colt!!) Rumors, deadline and draft coverage and insights...

having help with marketing and social media to build facebook/twitter/instagram/pinterest following would be massive.

Having someone work on revenue generation by whatever means necessary would be fantastic. The cost of the hosting/blogtalk account/site creation will be upwards of 200-250 a month to run the show, which in the past, I covered for the love of it, but I would love for the project to be self funded. It may never make millions of dollars, BUT i have some ideas about how it might be self sustaining and allow us to have some money for prizes, advertising, and other things that cost money.

this will be, essentially, a volunteer run venture, but I am certainly willing to split ownership of the project and intellectual property with anyone who is willing to make the commitment.

great to have the support of everyone. thanks!

Bruins Uncensored

frmrly Scotiahockey
Feb 16, 2003
Nova Scotia
Count me in.

Whatever capacity you need.

On air, social media, business development.

Whatever is fine with me

Having a real social media maven would be fantastic. business development will be a tough row to hoe.. but could be key to long term sustainability.

Let me know what you can bring to the table! =-)

Bruins Uncensored

frmrly Scotiahockey
Feb 16, 2003
Nova Scotia
It's during hockey season, so I'll be on the road a lot with limited time.

But if/when possible Glenn, I would like to make an on air appearance.

And since I'll be keeping a close eye on Senyshyn this coming season, maybe write a monthly update for you.

You know you are on Dom! your spots would be some of the highest rated for sure! and any writing you can contribute.. well i need twice as much as that from you! =-)

Bruins Uncensored

frmrly Scotiahockey
Feb 16, 2003
Nova Scotia
I'd definitely have interest in this. I know I did reach out to Scott in the past about his idea, showing interest, but I probably should have stepped up to the plate more and offered better support.

I'd have strong interest in a variety of areas, from on-air talent, social media management, writing, etc. I'll definitely reach out to you via e-mail in the near future, though.

Awesome! the more hands on deck, the better the end result! ill watch for your email.

Cheers!

Bruins Uncensored

frmrly Scotiahockey
Feb 16, 2003
Nova Scotia
It was a good podcast and I listened and called in frequently, I won't call anymore since my address changed from British Columbia to Moscow ;). Bruins probably won't have any KHL or Russian league prospects any time in the near future, if they do I'd be happy to watch them in person and give a scouting report.

Gotcha Finch! stay warm and thanks for the response!

Bruins Uncensored

frmrly Scotiahockey
Feb 16, 2003
Nova Scotia
Im always in. I teach in a inner city school and will be taking grad classes this year, so I'll have a pretty full plate, but there is always time for things like this.

Possible areas I can help; on air commentary, social media, skills with visual arts, and im a strong writer

Looking forward to it!

always need good producing writers!

hoss75

Nov 8, 2008
Cambridge, MA
I think the project sounds like a lot but, simplified I think it's easy to get going then expand upon later.

I would recommend creating a club , which in most places is a non-profit venture. You;ll need some sort of status for filing tax returns if you're looking to create income.

THere's lots of cheap ways to build and host a website.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_free_web_hosting_services
and some pretty cheap wasy to host podcasts.
http://www.technorms.com/37746/best-sites-to-host-your-podcasts

I'd use some of these resources till you have the advertising revenue to get off the ground.

And lunaticfringeradio.com is available tor $12 a month.

I have twin babies so I don't have a lot of time, but I'll lend a hand with behind the scenes stuff where I can.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $770.00