Post-Game Talk: Bruins squeak by Habs 2-1

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Bergeron is great down low on the powerplay. Not only can he keep the puck in with his board work, he's one of our only players that will take it right to the net instead of passing it back out

And yet the PP sucks with Bergeron being great and all. I am sure its the other 4 guys thats the issue.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
^ bingo.

Though Hab fans will say Darth ****** out. And or if White was in blah blah etc.

He didn't fall for Prusts stunt. Self control= sign of maturity. No need to drop them there.

Oh yeah, Quaider is a chicken, don't you know.

Bergeron is ugly and McQuaid is afraid. I'm telling you, alternate universe. :laugh:

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Oh yeah, Quaider is a chicken, don't you know.

Bergeron is ugly and McQuaid is afraid. I'm telling you, alternate universe. :laugh:

I have no doubt in my mind that Quaider would have dropped them if Prust did first, I also have a feeling as much as I like Prust he would have turned away a la big tough Dale Weiss last year if Quaider had dropped first.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
I have no doubt in my mind that Quaider would have dropped them if Prust did first, I also have a feeling as much as I like Prust he would have turned away a la big tough Dale Weiss last year if Quaider had dropped first.

It was obvious Prust was trying to goad him and McQuaid wasn't taking the bait. Quaider very very seldom just loses his temper and drops the gloves; he's a calculating sort.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Seguin was on the point for that first PP. Not sure about the second.

Doc and Pierre were going on about it because that's where he lined up on the faceoff. As soon as the puck drops he and Krejci flip it's been that way for every PP they've been on this season.

I mean it's an Umbrella so I guess technically Z's the only "point" but it's Krejci who sags high in the position a D man would typically play while Seguin plays the half wall.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
It was obvious Prust was trying to goad him and McQuaid wasn't taking the bait. Quaider very very seldom just loses his temper and drops the gloves; he's a calculating sort.

Mcquaid also tried to get Moen to fight in the second period after he nailed Bergy. Mtl was up 1 and Moen had no intention of fighting Mcquaid to get his AZZ kick and give the B's some momentum. I think Mcquaid was thinking the same thing when we were up by 1 late in the game. Smart on his part

doubleminor138

Call me Snake
Jul 31, 2005
NH
Doc and Pierre were going on about it because that's where he lined up on the faceoff. As soon as the puck drops he and Krejci flip it's been that way for every PP they've been on this season.

I mean it's an Umbrella so I guess technically Z's the only "point" but it's Krejci who sags high in the position a D man would typically play while Seguin plays the half wall.

Thats true. And I only saw him back there for a minute before the puck sailed past him and they never got set up again. :laugh:

BklyNBruiN

May 7, 2009
www.amishrakefight.org
We all know they were going to come out flying in the 1st period , I'm just glad our guys held in there, and kept playing their game and in that 3rd period with a couple of tweaks we squeaked by.. Good game Boys!

But I must say that last nights game was won by Tuukka Rask. He was no doubt, the star of the game. He is one, excuse my french ;) One smooth motherfer.. haha. I swear he is so relaxed back there in net, that he makes me relax watching him from my sofa. I would imagine the players playing in front of him, must feel it too. Amazing.. And let me tell you, the Russian we have as back up is no chump either. And I think Rask knows that.. ;)

Than we have Subban too. DAM! Man these are good times for us Bruin fans. hahaha

Only thing this team needs to improve on is that DAM PP. And if we do that LOOK OUT!!!!

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
Rask with a solid game and solid start to the season. I know we have a ways to go but early on, the 1 year deal looks like it may work out in Rask's best interest. If he keeps this up he is in for a big pay day.

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country
Hey guys, Habs fan (coming in peace, etc)

Damn that Rask, he was incredible last night. Really gave you guys a good chance to rally behind his performance and pull through in the end.

Hamilton also looked pretty good, albeit still a bit raw (normal for a kid).

Anyways, grats on the win, we'll get you next time, and of course, I hate your team so much....but love the rivalry, so it's worth it.

Cheers.

BklyNBruiN

May 7, 2009
www.amishrakefight.org
There is no reason why this group shouldn't be able to win another Stanley Cup or Two in the next few years. Yes with a piece added here a piece minus there, we should be in contention for the ultimate prize for a good while people. Lets go Bruins! We want the CUP!!

BklyNBruiN

May 7, 2009
www.amishrakefight.org
Hey guys, Habs fan (coming in peace, etc)

Damn that Rask, he was incredible last night. Really gave you guys a good chance to rally behind his performance and pull through in the end.

Hamilton also looked pretty good, albeit still a bit raw (normal for a kid).

Anyways, grats on the win, we'll get you next time, and of course, I hate your team so much....but love the rivalry, so it's worth it.

Cheers.

Thanks for the compliments. And I hate your team too. And I admit its fun beating you guys. May it continue for many many years! Go B's.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Mcquaid also tried to get Moen to fight in the second period after he nailed Bergy. Mtl was up 1 and Moen had no intention of fighting Mcquaid to get his AZZ kick and give the B's some momentum. I think Mcquaid was thinking the same thing when we were up by 1 late in the game. Smart on his part

Yup. Except Moen is smart and McQuaid is chicken. :laugh:

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I'm still quite disappointed that McQuaid didn't go with Prust :shakehead

if it was Julien's orders then I am quite disappointed in Claude for that, this would have been good to see and would have been good for the team

Quaider was smart to not drop them. B's were winning the game.

I was proud of Adam for laughing in Prust's face :laugh:

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Let me ask you Whammer,
Who was the last player on the bruins to look as excited as Mcquaid when someone finally wants to go with him? He has a look of
" Yea, you wanna go? Seriously!?!" with his eyes the size of half dollars

adam%2Bmcquaid%2Bfight.jpg

not my photo

well, you didn't ask me but...
Taz-tasmanian-devil-dragoart.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad