Post-Game Talk: Bruins squeak by Habs 2-1

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Great game, Krejci with Seguin looks good, maybe he does need a true playmaker on his line. Tuukka Rask was lights out, he played amazing all the way through and at the beginning of the game when the Bruins forwards an d were wearing cement boots, he took the game and won it all by himself.

Hopefully the blizzard doesn't happen as I don't want to miss the game as this week is shy on Bruins hockey.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
v7rr6h.jpg

with good line swapping!

haha found that on the Hab's board.. pretty good!

HA Love it...They must miss Clode!

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Quaider was smart to not drop them. B's were winning the game.

I was proud of Adam for laughing in Prust's face :laugh:

Exactly. If McQuaid had dropped the gloves, the Bruins get nailed with the extra penalty. Quaider may be crazy, but he's not stupid.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
he has also been a beast on faceoffs. i'm in complete agreement over the intangibles Pevs brings. 1 goal between pevs and kelly over 9 games makes us a more ordinary team. our 4th line used to play 10+ minutes. now, due to inexperience spooner: 5:29, tardif 4:48, macdermid 3:29

our ability to roll 4 lines has been affected by the injuries. so with the 3rd line playing more, there simply has to be more production to be a more balanced team. otherwise, we will rely on being a top heavy lineup, pp and tuukka. many teams go through the season and are good enough to make the playoffs on that alone. our pp has not been okay for a very long time, i have confidence in tuukka and our top 6. they can't bring it every night, i'm hoping the 3rd line steps up production.

Dont worry, I know you are smart enough to realize Peverley isn't all about goals, I was just defending my man ;)

But I would agree, we need that line to get at the level it was at last year in order to be as dominant as last year (or at least early last year)

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
When is the next practice? I'd like to see what lines CJ rolls.

Unless I am imagining things, when Seguin Krejci and Lucic got partnered on the same line last year they were amazing too

I hope Claude keeps them together

Charbacca08

Jan 17, 2011
LA
It was good to see Seguin start to shed off that layer os Swiss hockey. I think he will start to improve down the line. I hope Claude plays with the lines a bit more. However, I think the on the fly change also helped to bottle that energy that we saw.....maybe something to keep in his back pocket.

Again it goes without saying, another great showing by Hamilton. Has amazing on ice presence and even getting down and dirty at times. He has become more physical in the past two games (imho). It will be fun to watch him improve this season.

For a team playing with 4 AHL players, they held their own against the Habs...Impressive. Just shows you how deep the depth of this team goes, and what we have to look forward to in the future.

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
Unless I am imagining things, when Seguin Krejci and Lucic got partnered on the same line last year they were amazing too

Amazing? They allowed tons of goals as well. I believe they were around +-0.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

Proven formula for success:

Speedy sniper + Playmaker + Power Forward (creates space for other two) = goals.

A few years ago it was: Lucic + Savard + Kessel.

Not sure whey they have not tried this sooner? Horton can add the Power forward and while Marchand is not your traditional sniper, he has a great shot and is fast.

I think that Top 6 could be dominant, as long as Looch and Segs remember to play some D.

Its Alright Ma

Jul 19, 2010
Beating the Habs is always awesome

That Seguin got two points and that Rask had his fifth game allowing 1 goal or less at the same time makes it even sweeter

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Beating the Habs is always awesome

That Seguin got two points and that Rask had his fifth game allowing 1 goal or less at the same time makes it even sweeter

Rask is no slouch. If you take out his Buffalo game, he would be third in the league in Save Percentage with .943 (only behind Fasth, who I'm not sure counts yet, and Anderson)

Pretty incredible

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Rask is no slouch. If you take out his Buffalo game, he would be third in the league in Save Percentage with .943 (only behind Fasth, who I'm not sure counts yet, and Anderson)

Pretty incredible

He'd also have a 1.25 GAA, which would be good for 2nd behind Fasth who, like you said, doesn't exactly count. Ducks have been on a hot streak and he's only played 4 games, while Rask has probably stolen us 4 wins.

DaveFromNB

Sep 6, 2008
Quispamsis, NB

Pretty incredible

Just stop it, it's this kind of selective math that Leafs fans use to make Kessel a 40 goal scorer.:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $935.00