Post-Game Talk: Bruins squeak by Habs 2-1

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
They used to have Peverley on the point which I thought worked well, he is quick and can move the puck quickly.

The biggest problem with the PP is gaining the zone...I swear 95% of the time whoever is skating the puck up the ice has no clue what to do with it and his team mates have no clue what he is going to do with it. :laugh:

Thats why I think Pev-Seg-March would be good on the pp. They are skilled enough and fast enough to carry the puck into the zone. And their one on one skills are excellent. They should be able to create space with those skills. Hamilton and Chara on the point is good. Its just the guys down low are not creative enough and take too long to decide.

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
I honestly think the b's should sit a skater when on the pp and skate 4 on 4.

i've been saying for a couple of years now that the 1st move they should make on the PP is trip someone up and thereby "deny" the penalty.

I'm more concerned with how they survived the first PK. They lost their tenaciousness there for a while.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Until the Bruins were leading 2-1 NBC was all Canadien ball washing

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Seriously how do people hate Edwards?

Doc and Olczyk suck and are annoying.........Seems like they barely know the names of Bruins and Doc is clearly getting too old for his job.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
^ bingo.

Though Hab fans will say Darth ****** out. And or if White was in blah blah etc.

He didn't fall for Prusts stunt. Self control= sign of maturity. No need to drop them there.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Most pleasant surprise for this fan

Our boys haven`t played anywhere near as well as they can (Game 1 by far their most complete game) and still pulling pts out.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
^ bingo.

Though Hab fans will say Darth ****** out. And or if White was in blah blah etc.

He didn't fall for Prusts stunt. Self control= sign of maturity. No need to drop them there.

Exactly, if it were a 4-1 game for either team, Quaider doesn`t hesitate, all about the context at the time, and at that time, no need. I don`t mind Prust, tough bugger, just did or was trying to do his job

Bi Coastal Bawse*

^ bingo.

McQuaid would have went with Prust had Prust merely dropped his gloves...Prust had no interest in fighting, he wanted to goad Lone Wolf into a PP chance.

Best part was McQuaid laughing at him :laugh:

and NO ONE on the Bruins is afraid of Ryan "Ginger" White

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Best part was McQuaid laughing at him :laugh:

and NO ONE on the Bruins is afraid of Ryan "Ginger" White

A guy who`s been a scratch for the Habs now for 3-4 games, nope your right, hardly a character anyone would be afraid of. The only fear is on the part of the Habs that he would cost them a game with a stupid penalty

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
McQuaid would have went with Prust had Prust merely dropped his gloves...Prust had no interest in fighting, he wanted to goad Lone Wolf into a PP chance.

Let me ask you Whammer,
Who was the last player on the bruins to look as excited as Mcquaid when someone finally wants to go with him? He has a look of
" Yea, you wanna go? Seriously!?!" with his eyes the size of half dollars

adam%2Bmcquaid%2Bfight.jpg

not my photo

Ace0813

Bleed Black & Gold
Aug 28, 2008
New Hampshire
Seriously how do people hate Edwards?

Doc and Olczyk suck and are annoying.........Seems like they barely know the names of Bruins and Doc is clearly getting too old for his job.

Doc calls Seguin Horton and Horton Seguin all the time..

Krejci Peverley, and Peverley Krejci... It's pathetic.

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
Thank sweet baby jesus for Dougie Hamilton.I feel like he will match up great against the Canadiens. All our Dmen really struggle moving the puck sometimes against their quick forecheck. Chara can handle it, Boychuk sometimes, but other than that they can expose are D if they are in on the forecheck good. Hamilton being so versatile, he pretty much has it all, should help us hugely against them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad