Post-Game Talk: Bruins sink in Everglades quicksand - Waterloo time for Chia and Claude?

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Sad thing is the Bruins beating Tampa seems like it would be more of a miracle than Buffalo beating Pittsburgh lol.

not really.
its in buffalo.
and its pitts second game of a back to back. plus, they are playing worse than the Bruins right now.

i seriously could see pitt ott and bos losing all remaining games they have. that would kill me.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
I'm just sorta blegh at this point. The snippets I've seen from Chiarelli's presser this morning aren't making me feel all warm and fuzzy that they're going to fix the problems with this team or management. Kinda sounded to me as though he's just like "eh, teams good as it is". I don't get it.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
that would include "everyone" wouldn't it?

You don't actually think he's calling everyone out but himself?

No but he is trying to disperse as much of the blame as possible.
I loved the line in his news conference Re: Boychuk, "you can't keep/sign all of your players, roster turnover is inevitable." Well, WTF signed so many of the non-entity players to long contracts? HE DID! He gets 90% of the blame on this, HE made the poor moves and kept making excuses, all the way to the guillotine

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Dispersing the blame. I like that and that's pretty much what I think has gone on with this team this year.

If you speak vaguely about it and spread it around enough then you almost get lost in it and never really have to face the music.

Listening to Chiarelli try and do damage control is just a ****ing headache. Enough.

People are happy to take blame as a group but I would have liked to see some of the players who have personally let the team down, especially in this stretch say the words MY play has not been good enough, MY production is unacceptable and I need to be better.

chicoutimicucumber

Aug 4, 2009
Joe+Sacco+TB5GB-rkT48m.jpg

The definition of a punchable face. Is there any conceivable reasoning behind his hire, other than the fact that he came from the area and once played for BU?

re: Chiarelli and Julien: keep throwing each other and the players under the bus, guys, it looks real good on you. I don't care for Chiarelli, but I've always liked Claude as a person, and still do. It's shameful to see this come out of him. As for the former: Everyone is to blame? When is that ever acceptable as a leader to say, and at this point in the season? Cowardly.

Last edited:

chicoutimicucumber

Aug 4, 2009
===================================================
Following are comments from a fan on the Bruins website following the loss to the Panthers last night. It's the best summary of the Bruin's culmination of woes throughout the 2014-15 season, and I can't say I disagree with a single word of it:
===================================================

Beat up, old, tired and slow.

Too many injuries, too much dead wood and not enough guys following the lead of the never-defeated Bergeron.

Of course the fact of the matter is that the die was cast last year. Chiarelli went for broke and mortgaged the future in a last-ditch effort to win another Cup with Chara by bringing in Iginla. When that strategy folded in Montreal, the salary cap implications caught up with the team this year. No new scorer could be brought in and Johnny Boychuk (or someone) had to go to get under the cap. Surely with Boychuk on the roster this team would have made the playoffs.

Injuries and age did the rest, including some really bad luck (Connolly gets injured at his first practice, Dougie goes out at the turn) and three away games to end the season.

Now there are quandaries galore. Do you try to build a speedy team around Pastrnak and Spooner? Abandon officially the Big Bad Bruins ethic? How to fix the D, with Seidenberg and Chara now simply past their primes?

Sad, sad, sad to see such a proud group fade, but time is cruel in sports, for sure.
Very, very well said. At last the other shoe has dropped. There's nothing left to say but that this is still my team, and that that I'd still watch them suck, if the retool goes awry and if it comes to that. If I'd been there for their rise to glory as most others have, maybe it would be easier now to let them go gracefully as a fan, and let the good memories be enough. Since I was not, this is my penance, I guess.

Last edited:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I fail to agree that having Boychuk in this line, as OrrCam says would have this team in a playoff spot, the rest I fully agree with

chicoutimicucumber

Aug 4, 2009
I fail to agree that having Boychuk in this line, as OrrCam says would have this team in a playoff spot, the rest I fully agree with

I think it would have made enough of the difference, to have players like Bartkowski, Trotman et al on the bottom pairings instead of higher in the lineup. The same way a healthy Krejci makes Soderberg and Eriksson more effective players on their own line. It would have taken the load off of Seids, too, if we had JB ready to step in as the #2, the way he was able to the season before.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
*Hope people don't mind that I posted this response in another thread.*

And did you guys hear what Bob Beers said on F&M? Said that it was "bad" and "ugly" post game; normal post game behavior or protocol wasn't the same, whatever that means (possibly finger pointing; "cracks" in the organization; for the first time, Beers believes PC & Claude may be gone; Bob said he heard comments & witnessed behavior that he would not elaborate upon.

I've felt that firing both the general manager and coach after one terrible season - even with their well documented short comings & mistakes - would be a foolish overreaction. I believed Peter, who has done so much to restore credibility to a franchise that had become a grim joke, deserved the opportunity to fix what's broken. Now, given Chia's comments, Julien's comments last night, and Beers' disturbing report, perhaps matters have deteorated to the point of no return. A sad and depressing turn of events.

I wonder if all of those clamouring for the dismissal of Chiarelli & Julien understand how drastic those moves truly are.

If both go, It's critical to the soul of this organization that Cam stays right where he is. He understands what the Bruins identity is (or should be) in his bones. So does Don Sweeney,whom I would trust with the manager's keys. The million dollar question, among many others, is what direction a new GM would take the team, and who is the coach to lead them there?

Really wish this wasn't happening. To paraphrase an obituary of the Beatles' career with admittedly silly hyperbole, "A sad and tatty end to the management combination that wiped clean and drew again the face of the Boston Bruins."[/quote]

Goom 35

May 16, 2009
Does anyone know what Rask said after the game? I keep searching online and can't find anything.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Does anyone know what Rask said after the game? I keep searching online and can't find anything.

Only article I found he said defense was good, discussed one of those goals scored on him and basically said he thought he had it. Didn't have a whole lot to say.

Unless there's something else out there, it's probably more what he didn't say which was I wasn't good enough tonight. I take some responsibility for the loss. Sometimes you just like to hear that. But that's rarely Tuukka's thing and it's a valid criticism.

Goom 35

May 16, 2009
Only article I found he said defense was good, discussed one of those goals scored on him and basically said he thought he had it. Didn't have a whole lot to say.

Unless there's something else out there, it's probably more what he didn't say which was I wasn't good enough tonight. I take some responsibility for the loss. Sometimes you just like to hear that. But that's rarely Tuukka's thing and it's a valid criticism.

I thought I had heard he called out the team or something. Anyway, thanks!

ytownhockey10

tornado of souls
Mar 8, 2010
in the salt
*Hope people don't mind that I posted this response in another thread.*

And did you guys hear what Bob Beers said on F&M? Said that it was "bad" and "ugly" post game; normal post game behavior or protocol wasn't the same, whatever that means (possibly finger pointing; "cracks" in the organization; for the first time, Beers believes PC & Claude may be gone; Bob said he heard comments & witnessed behavior that he would not elaborate upon.

I've felt that firing both the general manager and coach after one terrible season - even with their well documented short comings & mistakes - would be a foolish overreaction. I believed Peter, who has done so much to restore credibility to a franchise that had become a grim joke, deserved the opportunity to fix what's broken. Now, given Chia's comments, Julien's comments last night, and Beers' disturbing report, perhaps matters have deteorated to the point of no return. A sad and depressing turn of events.

I wonder if all of those clamouring for the dismissal of Chiarelli & Julien understand how drastic those moves truly are.

If both go, It's critical to the soul of this organization that Cam stays right where he is. He understands what the Bruins identity is (or should be) in his bones. So does Don Sweeney,whom I would trust with the manager's keys. The million dollar question, among many others, is what direction a new GM would take the team, and who is the coach to lead them there?

Really wish this wasn't happening. To paraphrase an obituary of the Beatles' career with admittedly silly hyperbole, "A sad and tatty end to the management combination that wiped clean and drew again the face of the Boston Bruins."

for julien to be so candid as to recommend we 'have a look at the roster' ... you have to think there was some kind of confrontation. very atypical of claude.

maybe chiarelli pulled the old schoenfeld?

that'd do it.

OutspokenMinority*

Claude's statement was out of character and a smidge troubling, but Rask's was no different than he's said several times this year alone. maybe even more often than not. that's kind of what Rask says after every loss.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad