Rumor: Bruins Sign UMD Defenseman Nick Wolff

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I haven't heard that he's filed with the NHL declaring himself no longer a student, which would make him a free agent. Lot of reports out there saying he is likely to return to college for his Junior year.

200.gif

Reactions: sarge88

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Another Left shot d-man. Awesome because the Bruins don't have enough of those in the pipeline. Seriously, I hope he is good and good enough to make a mark, but what a stack of competition he has in front of him to even get a sniff of the big club right now (and for the forseeable future).

It looks packed now but the left side could look drastically different in the near future. Between Chara, Krug and the expansion draft that depth could disappear fast.

LavioletteScores

Nov 20, 2011
It looks packed now but the left side could look drastically different in the near future. Between Chara, Krug and the expansion draft that depth could disappear fast.

Plus I would think that signings like this are more about potential success valuations in general than for any specific positional need depth-wise.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
If he can skate well enough for the modern NHL his size and physicality absolutely fit on a 3rd pairing in our future. As soft as the NHL gets, be the hammer not the nail. I imagine he is a good hammer... or sledgehammer.

Reactions: Strafer

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
I have been tracking Perunovich for years and Wolff is always of interest to me.
He's a big minute muncher on back-to-back national championship teams and what's impressive (to me) is they lost a lot of senior guys after the first one and he brought them back (with Perunovich) despite losing important guys.

He's the kind of guy you would want to go to war with in a 7 Series against St Louis. He would mess guys up in a playoff series.

aguineapig

First thing I thought of was this. About Wolfman Jack.

Clap for the Wolfman
He gonna rate your record high
Clap for the Wolff-man
You gonna' dig him till the day you die

Any of the old timers guess who sang this one?
Sorry all you cool cats and chicks out there in radioland, nobody called in with the right answer. The correct answer is of course the band "The Guess Who" led by the incomparable Burton Cummings. "Clap for the Wolfman " reached No. 6 on the charts in 1974. Wolfman Jack was the announcer on the syndicated "Midnight Special" that featured the top rock bands of the day. The Guess Who were Canadian,odd for a band whose biggest hit was "American Woman" and they were huge hockey fans. One night the Guess Who comes out and there's Burton wailing away wearing a spoked B number 4 jersey. I don't recall the song but I'll never forget that jersey. Anyhow good luck Wolfman Nick, gonna dig you till the day I die.

Reactions: lopey

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Sorry all you cool cats and chicks out there in radioland, nobody called in with the right answer. The correct answer is of course the band "The Guess Who" led by the incomparable Burton Cummings. "Clap for the Wolfman " reached No. 6 on the charts in 1974. Wolfman Jack was the announcer on the syndicated "Midnight Special" that featured the top rock bands of the day. The Guess Who were Canadian,odd for a band whose biggest hit was "American Woman" and they were huge hockey fans. One night the Guess Who comes out and there's Burton wailing away wearing a spoked B number 4 jersey. I don't recall the song but I'll never forget that jersey. Anyhow good luck Wolfman Nick, gonna dig you till the day I die.

Was the song "Stand Tall?"

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
On hear "the Bruins hf site for the first time ". Am a jets Flyers fan .
Wolfe is a big physical D man with a pile of snarl to say the least . I have seen him play live at least 20 times the last 5 years or so , He is not a offensive weapon , that said he can skate quite well is poised with the puck and makes good passes coming out of his own end . He stand up at the blue forcing the entry very well and does not let guys get around him to the net .
He will play games next year for the Bruins and be a staple the year after in my opinion . My prediction is a 4/5 D man and will be a fan fav in short order .
He is well worth the contract .

member 96824

Exciting signing, sounds like a player.

Even if he ends up a tweener it’s always great to get these guys for nothing but cash and a contract spot.

Can he play right side or is he predominantly left

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
On hear "the Bruins hf site for the first time ". Am a jets Flyers fan .
Wolfe is a big physical D man with a pile of snarl to say the least . I have seen him play live at least 20 times the last 5 years or so , He is not a offensive weapon , that said he can skate quite well is poised with the puck and makes good passes coming out of his own end . He stand up at the blue forcing the entry very well and does not let guys get around him to the net .
He will play games next year for the Bruins and be a staple the year after in my opinion . My prediction is a 4/5 D man and will be a fan fav in short order .
He is well worth the contract .

Sounds like a good replacement for Kevan Miller

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Some insurance in the event we lose one of Krug/Grz this offseason and helps create more internal competition.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Exciting signing, sounds like a player.

Even if he ends up a tweener it’s always great to get these guys for nothing but cash and a contract spot.

Can he play right side or is he predominantly left

couple of those hits he threw were standing guys up at the blue line on the right side as a lefty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad