Rumor: Bruins Sign UMD Defenseman Nick Wolff

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
That makes sense. He is listed at 6'1" everywhere, but he looks a good bit taller than that.

Now that it's in my brain, he might have mentioned it last season...either event, he's 6'3. It's talked about somewhere in the Lauzon thread, if I recall correctly.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I would think the top guys would go somewhere else. The Bruins roster is full.

The 50 man? As the league is only allowing contracts for 20/21, the fact the Bruins were at 48 contracts when the season stopped is less of an issue for now. I'm sure they are a few people under the 50 contracts who are not coming back next year

Whether the Bruins can convince others that Boston is the best opportunity to get to the NHL fastest, which is something many prospects look for, is certainly an tougher question

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I need new pants.

tenor.gif

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
Love the confidence in this guy. Also, he wont be 24 until July. When I was reading he was 24, i thought the writers were talking about his age right now, which would mean he'd turn 25 at some point next season.

Of the six regular dmen this season, he is older than Carlo, McAvoy, and Lauzon. Quite seasoned.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Analysis: Nick Wolff Then & Now

June 2014 (Red Line Report Draft Guide)- #99 overall- “This is one nasty Mutha” Player profile: Not often does a nuclear deterrent emerge from the Minnesota high school ranks, but this jumbo-sized man-child has a mean streak as wide as the Mississippi River and enjoys crashing into things. Tall, and lacks overall strength, especially in his directional skating, makes up for a lack of strength with rampant physicality. Habitually clobbered opponents in open ice, and was an imposing presence around his own net. Has the faculties to be more than just a bruiser, though; thinks the game decently and moves the puck fairly well. It’s all a matter of what you want him to be- an enforcer (he’s a willing combatant) or seek-and-destroy 4th liner. Projection: #6-7 defenceman and team enforcer. Style compares to: Bryan Allen

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
God damn... now he suffers from high expectations. He is SO my kind of player (from the reports).

I would say I’m a little concerned about his going out of the way to make a big hit, but if there’s one thing where I think this organization is without equal, it’s their ability to coach up young defencemen for the NHL game.

Dude just has fan favourite written all over him. Even if he doesn’t pan out, Sweeney and company get a big thumbs up for bringing Wolff aboard.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
And another team Captain- fits the Bruins model. If you look at his pictures, he is a grown man at this point. No need for physical maturity- just some pro experience with game pace and he should be good to go.

I believe Kirk Ludeke thinks he needs to solidify, as it were.

For more of Kirk's analysis, if it hasn't been posted here yet,

Analysis: Nick Wolff Then & Now

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad