Confirmed with Link: Bruins Sign Simon Gagne - 1 yr 600k

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
If Gagne stays healthy and produces I can see him hitting 15-20 goals. Opinion will change on him when the season starts (I hope). This is another Jagr type move if you think about it.

Agreed, although I think he's more Recchi than Jagr. Jagr liked to control the play and have the offense go thru him, Gagne seems to play with and off his teammates more. I think he can be productive with time and the right linemates.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Hope this is not the follow up move Chia spoke of, the signing Simon.

I don't think it is.

I think they are probably standing pat on defense (they may make a one of Bart/McQuaid/Miller for X defenseman butnI think the team knows they need a real top 6 RW (and Loui doesn't seem to be panning out). I think Chia has some oves in mind but we may not see them for a few weeks.

Campbell getting healthy may be the trigger. I don't think they'll make a move until then-mostly because I can see a deal packaging Campbell with some other forward (probably or one of our prospects). But if Campbell isn't getting traded they may want him healthy or almost healthy before moving a roster player.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Sam Carchidi @BroadStBull ·
Nothing official yet, but it appears ex-#Flyers winger Simon Gagne will make Bruins' roster and face his old team Wed.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Why? He's just a camp invite, FFS. He doesn't even have a contract. If he doesn't play well, they can just cut him...:naughty:

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Can't wait to see the Weekend at Bernie's line. I just feel bad for the two other blokes..

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Just a cluster**** of a week...

Lou, December 1st will be the 25th game. We will review this team at that time and have many more answers.

where do you think Gagne, Fraser, Spooner, and Kelly are and or playing (the four left wingers on the third line)

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Sam Carchidi @BroadStBull ·
Nothing official yet, but it appears ex-#Flyers winger Simon Gagne will make Bruins' roster and face his old team Wed.

Jesus christ. Been a bad week for the B's. Boychuk traded. Kelly still on the team. Caron clears waivers. And now freakin Gagne. What has he shown in camp?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Jesus christ. Been a bad week for the B's. Boychuk traded. Kelly still on the team. Caron clears waivers. And now freakin Gagne. What has he shown in camp?

very strong draft year is a silver lining and we might be able to shed some players and go into this with say 4 picks in top 55

ytownhockey10

tornado of souls
Mar 8, 2010
in the salt
blah as ****. low risk high reward i suppose. we could always just drop good old 38 in there.

gagne's ice has looked like canton ave

Last edited:

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
So all Gagne had to show was he could stand on his skates to make the team, right?

Did he really earn his spot with his play?

More slow veterans! All the slow veterans! Get slower!

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Aside from contributing smart ass remarks about Gagne just being a camp invite, I would like to reiterate what I said before. If Gagne makes this team, what does that say about the depth you supposedly have at the NHL level, and what does it say about the prospect depth you have in Providence?

Btown

Oct 1, 2011
I have always had faith in Chirelli so far that he's been here. I understand that not all moves are friendly and going to bring immediate help to our team. It's all about sustainable success in which every year Boston has a chance to win the Stanley Cup. I don't agree with our "window" of opportunity I feel we have a bright future long after Chara declines.

With this coming draft there is a general feel that it will be deep and fruitful. Those 2 seconds and the third may be the trading bait needed at the dead line for proven talent. Not a lot of teams are going to be cashing in there first round picks for players with this "deep" draft. Second round picks are going to be import chips to bring in talent.
I also understand that as much as I'm going to miss Johnny B it gives another chance for one of our younger players to develop into what Johnny is.
I think Peter sees the holes we have and is in the midst of correcting our short comings.
Defense was and is our strong suit rather we lose from back there with the kids we have in place then a top line guy. I don't think we are done molding this team by along shot...
Gotta have FAITH

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Aside from contributing smart ass remarks about Gagne just being a camp invite, I would like to reiterate what I said before. If Gagne makes this team, what does that say about the depth you supposedly have at the NHL level, and what does it say about the prospect depth you have in Providence?

According to who ? Media shills and blog writers ?

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
According to who ? Media shills and blog writers ?

Did Gagne play particularly well in the preseason? Did other players that were sent down perform better? Did he make it impossible for the team to cut him? Did he do anything of any actual consequence?

2KA

Oct 15, 2013
Saskatchewan
I would rather:

17-46-18
63-37-12
51-34-21
20-23-25/64

If Gagne is going to be in the lineup I think I like this lineup the best. I know Smith was good with Bergy and Marchand, but Bergy and Marchand are the two that stir the drink on that line. I feel like Gagne would be a decent fit there if he can be at least half of what he used to be.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Did Gagne play particularly well in the preseason? Did other players that were sent down perform better? Did he make it impossible for the team to cut him? Did he do anything of any actual consequence?

All I'm saying is that no one in their right mind would call the prospect base deep.

Gagne will be trash and should never have received an invite.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
All I'm saying is that no one in their right mind would call the prospect base deep.

Gagne will be trash and should never have received an invite.

And yet he's seemingly on the roster. So again, if you have prospects pushing for roster spots, yet they don't make it while a piece of trash who shouldn't have been invited does, what does it say about that prospect pool? Pretty clear, no?

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
And yet he's seemingly on the roster. So again, if you have prospects pushing for roster spots, yet they don't make it while a piece of trash who shouldn't have been invited does, what does it say about that prospect pool? Pretty clear, no?

Well, nearly everyone here was fine with Chiarelli sitting on his hands for a year and not doing anything to address the salary cap and lack of talent issue plaguing this team. I've been saying for months that moves had to be done.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
What world do we live in when we have Campbell, Kelly and Gagne on the same roster?

Griffith showed WAY more than Gagne, hell I could even say Cunningham did. Crazy.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00