Confirmed with Link: Bruins Sign Simon Gagne - 1 yr 600k

BGIGZ

Stone Claude
May 23, 2014
NH
I would like him on this team. He is a good shooter, and that's exactly what the Bruins need.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Prediction for Gagne this year?

I'm going with 32gp, 4g, 9a

(before he falls apart)

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
First he has to make the team ( he will not out of the gate ) second agree on a contract and third , I believe he needs to clear waivers . I see no big deal keeping him around, keeps the guys on their toes that are in the line up.

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Bad move. Blocks a spot for a young player who might have a future with the Bruins.
Not moving Kelly is another bad move.
Expecting anything special from Loui is another bad thing. 4 million for a soft player was not a good decision. He looks out of sorts.
Trading Sequin will be another major blow to this franchise.

On the positive, Pasternak and Spooner look good and should be given some time with this team. Pasta might be a year away. Time to keep and groom Spooner.

This team needs speed not old horses that have trouble skating like Kelly, Campbell and Gagne.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Prediction for Gagne this year?

I'm going with 32gp, 4g, 9a

(before he falls apart)

Id say that's dead on. But you're being generous with the games played. I could see a slight stint where he rings in those 11 points, gets everyone feeling good, then goes out with a injury.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Bad move. Blocks a spot for a young player who might have a future with the Bruins.
Not moving Kelly is another bad move.
Expecting anything special from Loui is another bad thing. 4 million for a soft player was not a good decision. He looks out of sorts.
Trading Sequin will be another major blow to this franchise.

On the positive, Pasternak and Spooner look good and should be given some time with this team. Pasta might be a year away. Time to keep and groom Spooner.

This team needs speed not old horses that have trouble skating like Kelly, Campbell and Gagne.

But, but, but, but he was just a camp invite. It doesn't mean he's on the team or anything. It doesn't mean a roster spot is being given to him and that he's blocking a younger player with more upside from making the roste....oh, it does? Color me surprised...:naughty:

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
If Gagne stays healthy and produces I can see him hitting 15-20 goals. Opinion will change on him when the season starts (I hope). This is another Jagr type move if you think about it.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
meh. he may score the bruins 15 goals.... not that horrible if the price is right.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I think he gets a contract. He will he this season's veteran project. I think they may hold off before signing him but bet he comes cheap given he's been out a year and needs to prove himself.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Nothing is signed yet. Nothing is/was inevitable.

But I guess they'd have to have him under contract before he can suit up for reg season, right? Could he play without a contract if they also wanted to get a look at Pastrnak for 9 games? (I suspect the answer is yes, but it would be stupid for him to do so? Or is it just totally not allowed by the CBA?)

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Gagne has been playing LW and after a year off at his age hard to believe they start him on RW....that means third line LW; what happens to Kelly once Campbell comes back?

there is so much blah that has to be sorted out in the next 25 games.

I cant wait to see what this team looks like the first day of December 1st- ironically the 25th game.

Boston LW

Lucic
Marchand

Gagne
Fraser
Spooner
Kelly

Paille

four left wingers for one spot

MTaylorJ1

Sep 20, 2006
Gagne has been playing LW and after a year off at his age hard to believe they start him on RW....that means third line LW; what happens to Kelly once Campbell comes back?

there is so much blah that has to be sorted out in the next 25 games.

I cant wait to see what this team looks like the first day of December 1st- ironically the 25th game.

I feel like we're the only team in hockey that gives underwhelming veterans 25 games to play themselves out of jobs. Gagne, Kelly, Campbell, Robins all 4 look like they're making the team and not a single one has been a strong contributor since the lockout.

5Minutes4Fighting

Light the Lamp!
Apr 9, 2010
Northern NJ
He may not be great, but he's actually shown something in his NHL career....unlike Caron who must have compromising pictures of Clode to still be in this organization.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Hope this is not the follow up move Chia spoke of, the signing Simon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad